“Great location, my favorite W hotel by far...brand new!”
Review of W Paris - Opera

W Paris - Opera
Ranked #417 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed May 1, 2012

I spent 2 nights at the W opera and had a fantastic stay. The location is AMAZING and the bar is a great place to have drinks with friends. It rained constantly when I was there, so the convenience to subways, central location and proximity to shopping at the Galleria made the most of my short visit. The hotel decor is very chic and modern while the building is across the street from the Garnier Opera. I absolutely love the mix of gorgeous architecture with modern sleek.

The concierge Marko helped me with dinner reservations and flight check in. Couldn't have asked for a better experience in Paris. Next time I will definitely stay longer!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
Write a ReviewReviews (1,009)

Reviewed April 30, 2012

From the moment we arrived to the moment we checked out everyone went over and above the expectations anyone could possibly have. We arrived after a very long day of travel; everyone was smiling and so happy to help in anyway they could. We wanted a place we could walk to for a late night bite. They sent us to an amazing place called Paparazzi that we could not have found on our own. The next day they helped us figure out the best way to see Paris. Sold us our tickets for the hop on hop off bus tour. Our room was fabulous, cool, comfortable, with an amazing view of the Opera. Our final night they arranged a dinner for us with a view of the Eiffel Tower. Our check out went very smooth. I only had one eye open as it was early and they gave me a cup of coffee and a basket of sweets to help me out!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
olivier s, Directeur général at W Paris - Opera, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2012

Dear Hitmom,

On behalf of the entire Talents team, we want to warmly thank you for your great comments. We want to offer an extraodinary experience to our guests. We want to WOW them and it looks like that your expectations were met.
Do not hesitate to come back next time you are in Paris and let's share a nice cocktail at the W Bar together.

Whatever Whenever

Have a wonderful day

Reviewed April 30, 2012

Well, where do I start? I was looking for somewhere special to take my girlfriend for her 30th birthday and luckily I found the W Paris Opera! The level of service and assistance I received from the magnificent staff was the best i've ever received. I've stayed in quite a few 5 star hotels and they couldn't come close to the staff at this hotel.

Initially, before arriving, I asked for transfer advice from CDG and received a well crafted email from Marko giving me a range of options. The next request was a little trickier... I required a suprise birthday cake made at a local patisserie on election day Sunday (pretty much everything shuts on that day). Between Marko and Nicolas they managed to sort out a beautiful cake at the Rose Bakery for my girlfriend. We jumped in a taxi on Sunday morning and were welcomed into the bakery for some breakfast which was finished with the staff singing happy birthday and presenting a cake and candles to my other half. It was awesome, thanks Nikki! For this day I am truly in your debt guys. We then took a stroll through the local markets and parks on our way back to the hotel, only to find a gift waiting for us at the hotel. Amazing!

The next great experience was our meal on the Sunday night in the hotel's restaurant. While the food was good the service was awesome. Van, our waiter for the evening, provided us with champagne to help celebrate my gf's birthday and also another small gift with a card. We had pleasant conversation all evening and then were presented with a fabulous sparkling chocolate mousse, again for her birthday!

To review the actual hotel is easy. The location is second to none, bang in the middle of everything. Easily walkable/tube to everything you want to see. The room was classed as Cozy and perfect for what I required. Really funky and well thought out with all the gadgets to keep my iPhone charged. The hotel's jewel in the crown, I would say, is the cocktail bar. It's a great place to finish off the day with a few well made cocktails, and on the Saturday there was a great live DJ too.

The manager greeted us on our checkout and he asked us what the best thing about the hotel was - easy, the staff.

Well done to the W team, but special thanks to Marko, Nicolas and Van.

I'll be back soon with some more crazy requests, Mr Gill.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Mr Gill,

Thanks a million for your kind comments. We are looking forward welcoming you again with "more crazy requests" as you say! :)
Do not hesitate sharing some "secrets" from the ones you are travelling with; this will certainly help our W Insider to prepare some "WOW" moment together with the team.

Enjoy your day

Reviewed April 29, 2012

Stayed for 3 nights in a wonderful room. Fab design, luxurious, comfy bed. Lots of interesting features in the room both artistically and practically. Didn't eat in the restaurant but had room service for breakfast and dinner, delicious. Enjoyed some great cocktails in the bar, quite high prices but when you're in Paris staying at a hotel of this calibre, you can't expect cheap. Worth every penny.
The only downside was on our second night, there was a function in the bar. Unfortunately our first floor room got a lot of noise!!!! We had requested a quiet room with a view of the opera but were told that only fantastic rooms had this. However, we were offered a different room( still a wonderful room) and when we moved, we were delighted to discover the opera view. It was a great stay but wish we had our requests met at checkin.
Would stay here again, staff are lovely, nothing is too much trouble. We will know what room to ask for next time too!

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank MaxGledhill77

Dear Max,

Thank you for your great letter. I will certainly share with all our Talents who are putting all efforts together to create an extraordinary experience for our guests. These "wow moments" are part of our DNA as a Brand, and it is highly rewarding when guests are positively surprised.

Do not hesitate to let us know whenever you are planning another stay in Paris... Whatever Whenever

Have a great day!

Reviewed April 25, 2012

I went for drinks in the new W bar and was really surprised by the selection of cocktails! The waitress convinced me to try a solid cosmopolitan which was in fact a jelly. This was the most surprising cocktail I have ever eaten! Definately a must try when you are there.
I was lucky enough to have someone show me around the hotel and I got to see a Spectacular room and the Ewow Suite. I vas very impressed by the design of the Spectacular room and the great use of space thanks to the open bathroom.
The Ewow Suite was of course incredible and has some very nice features and decorative items.
Next time i'm in Paris I will most definately be back!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo

Dear Wvanwass,

WOW! thank you for taking the time writing such a kind note. I will share with our W Bar team how much you were surprised and happy with the solid cocktail.

I understand that you should shortly try the hotel and one of our Spectacular rooms!!! :)
Please do not hesitate a second telling us when your plans take you to Paris. We hope that we will continue to positively surprise you.

Whatever Whenever

Reviewed April 19, 2012

I have stayed in many W Hotels thourghout the US but this was my first international W experience and all I can say is WOW! The location was great. Close to a variety of things and close to transit to get to other parts of town. The staff was simple AMZING. It was my brother's birthday and they went above and beyond to make it memorable; including a cupcake with a candle, a hand written card and a beautiful gift. We had a Marvellous Suite with a view of the Opera House. The room was nice and typical European size (small). The full size toiletries were a pleasant surprise. The decor of the room was nice. The lounge downstairs was nice a way to start the night. The popcorn at the bar was really good also. The Insider was great! She basically made all of the plans on were to go eat & party. All we had to do was get in a cab and enjoy. I cant say enough how great the staff was and how I truly enjoyed my stay. I totally recommend this hotel and I cant wait to come back.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank SDot313
olivier s, Directeur général at W Paris - Opera, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2012

Dear SDOT,

Thank you for your kind note. It is so rewarding to read from "W" guests who know exactly what our brand is all about: Whatever/Whenever.
The W Paris Opera wants to reflect the energy of the vibrant W brand with the glimmering City of Lights. Our Talents will certainly love to read that you enjoyed their assistance. I will instantly copy voice it to them.

Please do not hesitate to revert to us for your future stay and please expect being even more WoWed!

Have a wonderful Day!

Reviewed April 10, 2012

This W hotel is simply awesome! Open since a week or so, this hotel convinces with its amazing design concept and cozy rooms. Additionally, the location next to the Opera and the Galerie Lafayettes/Printemps shops could not be better. Furthermore, the breakfast concept is exceptional. I can definitely recommend staying at this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Wallaceffm
olivier s, Directeur général at W Paris - Opera, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2012

Dear Wallace,

First and foremost let me thank you warmly for having chosen the W Paris Opera as a destination in the Destination Paris!!
The Team will certainly be thrilled to read your nice words. They are committed in offering you an extraordinary experience ( this is what W brand is all about!)

Have a wonderful day!