“Not interesting. Expected much more.”

Musee du Vin (Wine Museum)
Ranked #299 of 1,275 things to do in Paris
More attraction details
Owner description: Close to the Eiffel Tower, discover oneof Paris’ oldest limestone quarries fromthe XVth century.Our permanent collections include more than2000 artefacts, owned by the “Conseil desEchansons de France” since 1984, and presentedso as to highlight the historical depth of our heritage.Visits with audio guides are available in English, Russian, Chinese, Japanese, Spanish, Portuguese and GermanIn order to preserve the transmission of knowledge around wine, the Musée du Vin Paris offer wine tasting, assumed by our wine experts team
Reviewed September 30, 2011

I expected to see and hear how wines are produce in France (probably in different regions). Instead I saw glasses and bottles... Disappointing.
Wine tasting also havn'r pleased. No sommelier... Pure wine selection...
Th only 1 positive thing is ancient vault.
Don't waste a time!

in 12 reviews
"production"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed September 29, 2011

The tour of a wine museum and then lunch within the same building is just amazing. It doesn't hurt that it is in a 15th century monestary either.

Make sure to get the audioguide. It is free and one will do nicely for two people.

Before I go any further, you need to be cognizant of the fact that if you are coming from Trocadero, you need to pay attention to the street and not miss the turn to the left down the long stairway. Again, at the end you need to do almost a 180 degree turn to your left to find the Wine Museum.

The artifacts in the museum are very interesting to say the least, the audioguide is very beneficial.

Once we were done with the Museum we made our way to the restaurant area. If you have lunch the museum tour is free.

The food was amazing. We had the Dionysius Menu for 35 Euros each. I was very, very good and more than enough food.

The waiter was attentive and the menu was available in French and English.

I would recommend this musuem and restaurant for anyone, not just wine enthusiasts.

Reviewed September 14, 2011

My husband and I traveled to Paris with our 4-month old in May. We are both wine lovers so we decided to hit the Wine Museum the very first day. Perhaps we were jet-lagged coming off the plane, but this attraction was a bit of a sleeper.

The museum featured some wax figures of farmers as well as some old rustic wine tools. There is not much to see here, to be honest. I wouldn't pay any entrance fee for this museum.

If you eat a meal at the Museum restaurant, then your entrance is free. But even so, the food was not very good. I was disappointed with both of our entrees. The only redeeming things about the meal were the refreshingly sweet Kir and the dessert, poached pears in red wine. Service was very friendly and accommodating to our little baby, but it was rather poor in the sense that we were kept waiting as it was hard to flag down our waiter. The ambience was really magical though -- it felt like we were sitting in an old wine cellar of a castle.

1  Thank hojpoj
Reviewed March 16, 2011

I got back from Paris yesterday. and I have already recommended this place, and told of my experience there enough times I don't remember how many times it was.
I was invited to go to the museum of wine by a friend, while I was in Paris. the day started out at a wine tasting class, and though I was the only American there, (and the only one that did not speak French) I learned a great deal (my friend did a little spoken and written translation). i also had a great time. the wine was spectacular, and eating at the restaurant (bit of advice, get reservations...) was a WONDERFUL experience. Our Wine Specialist was very friendly, helpful and fun. She had a great attitude and a wonderful sense of humor (and a great deal of patience...). the wine we settled on was breathtakingly good and paired beautifully with our meals. the teacher of the Wine tasting class was very knowledgeable very fun, and also very friendly, as was the whole of the staff. we were treated to a splendid time, talking about wines from every types and locations. I ended up staying like 6 hours with my friends and buying some wine to enjoy at home and I have memories of an experience that was just wonderful. I highly recommend the whole thing. just remember: reservations and look into when the English wine tasting class is offered. (that will make the experience one to remember (if you speak French... you're set. get your lunch or dinner reservations, and have a great time whenever you like).

3  Thank jeffpz51
See more reviews
Reviewed February 18, 2011

Unlike other reviews, I did find the staff very helpful and kind. The receptionist actually recommended ticket options that saved us money instead of making them more, which I appreciate.

The restaurant was great. Best steak i have had in Europe (I am Texan so my opinion on steaks should be adequate). Staff was very helpful and giving. We bought the pre-bought menus and they gave us extra wine just because the plate of the day had 2 variations the staff thought would complement our food.

Skip the tasting, make a reservation at the restaurant and save your money on both the tastings and the ticket. If you eat in the restaurant admittance is free and the wine comes with the meal.

Also, the hand held speakers were quite nice. I can see where this may be a problem if the museum is crowded though. We went on a Saturday during Valentines weekend and were able to manage just fine though.

This displays are informative and entertaining, but don't expect to learn the exact chemical process of how wine is made.

By the way, this building dates back quite a bit on its own. It's worth going just for the historical significance.

1  Thank Allively