“Simply Brilliant”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Cobea

Cobea
Reserve with
Cobea is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #52 of 16,870 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Montparnasse
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“Simply Brilliant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2014

This has to be one of the finest meals I have ever had!

There were two of us dining and we both opted for the 8 course tasting menu... With other little pre starters and desserts it's more like 10 or 11 courses.

The courses ranging from Lobster to Pork and Pigeon. All cooked to perfection with incredible flavor combinations.

The service is superb and each course is explained to you.

I really cannot say enough great things about Cobea.

If you're in Paris then make sure you book a table here! You won't be disappointed.

1 Thank Kports1

• Korean first
  • Turkish first
shropshire
“The finest Michelin Star Restaurant that i've been to.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2014

Incredible from start to finish, flawless service, amazing food, lovely relaxed and chic ambience and sitting and value for money despite the obviously expensive prices you would associate with a restaurant of this class.

Having eaten in Michelin Star restaurants in London, Bruges and Edinburgh I would be confident in saying that this was superior to all three in every way.

I would love to visit this restaurant next time I'm in Paris.

3 Thank restaurantlover19
Benfleet, United Kingdom
“Absolutely class...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2014

Visited Paris for a romantic weekend in April 2014 and having booked tickets to Justin Timberlake at the Stade de France (for my girlfriends Christmas present!)... as a 'foody' I wanted to treat myself.

After much deliberation and TA research I booked Cobea for dinner as the reviews were fantastic and the ingredients available on the restaurants website for their "Menu Degustation" suited our tastebuds, given my girlfriend is not as adventurous as I am.

What a great choice we made!

Very attentive staff, who spoke impeccable English as opposed to my dodgy French. They were not 'stuffy' as sometimes staff in Michelin star restaurants can be, but very helpful with the dishes presented and also gave an excellent wine recommendation.

I asked if there was any way my gf could change 2 of the 6 dishes for an alternative, and was apprehensive as I did not want to insult the chef. The waiter was happy to help immediately and Pigeon turned to Pork, and Gorgonzola to a superb Tirimisu. Faultless service.

The food was simply amazing. I chose 8 courses, where as my girlfriend chose 6. I could go on for days about how nice it was but would just say 'try it for yourself... it is worth it!' Beautiful pigeon, bass, cod, and their speciality Gorgonzola (which I have never tasted anything like before) amongst other things. Each dish was beautiful.

In terms of value for money, for Michelin star quality it is very reasonable compared to many more of Paris' 1 star restaurants. Although labelled as 8 courses, it was more like 12 with the appetisers and amuse bouche's.

I cannot wait to go back!

2 Thank LGB4
London, United Kingdom
“A special place with elegant but yet modern french food..”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2014

This is my first review I've ever written. Visited cobea on sat 8th feb 14! Wow! The food was extremely delicious from courses with mushrooms and truffles, to scallops, to seabass, to venison, to cheese, to passion fruit and chocolate.. Everything was executed superbly, service attentive and warm but not too 'in your face'. The food was all cooked and presently beautifully. I often go for dinner and think 'if only there was more of that purée to the meat ratio' or 'far too salty'. I couldn't actually fault it and I have eaten in some very good places. My boyfriend and I opted for the 6 course tasting menu. Which we were both perfectly full. Apart from the six there was special little extras which with most tasting menus are usually part of the menu. The dishes we received were an additional taster thing to share to start with- which was these crispy prawns with slices of iberico ham and a cashew nut purée! Then a Gorgonzola mousse and apple and broken hazelnut pieces as amuse bouche again delicious, and freshly baked bread was served which was topped up throughout dinner if needed.. So two extra courses before our first course even began. Also we were served a palate cleanser before our 5th course which was lemongrass and ginger 'oh so smooth' sorbet with the optional drizzle of vodka citron. So really 6 courses equated to 9 plus bread- plus a little surprise for you to take away with you. How lovely! What a lovely place, cosy atmosphere, sophisticated and the food spoke for itself. I don't understand any negative reviews. The food is special- and as it was for my boyfriends 30th. It was money well spent for the memory. It cost 284 euros in total (excluding service) for all the food- 2 glasses champagnes, good bottle of Saint Emillion, sparkling water throughout and we ordered coffees at the end..

Thanks Cobea..

• Visited February 2014
2 Thank T9YNA
Seattle
“Black Truffle Delight--surprisingly wonderful restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2014

This is a fabulous restaurant, hidden away on a backstreet in the sleepy 14th arrondissement. It's worth making the trip! The food is creative, made with in-season ingredients and served with flare. I don't eat meat (or shellfish) and the chef was able to accommodate my restrictions with no problem. Each course came with an explanation and the wine recommendation was excellent. Dessert was one of the best I've had (and we live here in Paris!) with both chocolate and fruit-y options. Make sure to go to the bathroom as there is a glass floor at the entrance where you can look down into the wine cellar. I also highly recommend paying extra to get extra black truffle if you like truffle flavor. Also, if you're a runner, there's a great, independent running shop just a 1/2 block away from the restaurant called the Endurance Shop on rue Ouest. They have calendars with all the French and European races and host Saturday morning runs. Oh, and a funny thing happened before the first course: they serve you a little tablet that looks like a Maalox. It's actually a hand towel that expands in water. I didn't know that, so I went to put it in my mouth and I thought our waiter was going to jump across the table to save me! A very nice restaurant. Truly. Ask to sit in the alcove seating area for extra romance.

• Visited January 2014