“Crepes as they are supposed to be!”
Review of Au P'tit Grec

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Neighborhood: Quartier Latin
Description: Aup'tit Grec Since 1981
Reviewed December 10, 2012

I've been lucky enough to have been able to visit Paris 3 times in the last 3 years. Since my first visit, when my brother (still barely a student at the time) took me to have dinner to the P'tit Grec, I've visited this place in each of my trips. It's cheap, it's full of flavor and after having a yummy crepe you can go around the corner and have a nice beer in a fun neighborhood.
A visit to the P'tit Grec is a must if your budget (as mine) excludes Maxim's and the likes...

1  Thank popiteo
Write a ReviewReviews (1,258)

Reviewed November 28, 2012

This place takes the time to make sure each ingredient is added at the right time and that it gets properly cooked and seasoned, all right in front of you as you wait in line. Each time we went or even walked by, there was always a line. Actually, there are a few lines- one outside and a couple inside, which often are shorter. Waiting in line gives you time to see what others are ordering and to read the extensive menu. There is some seating. And, prices are very low. We did go to another filled-to-the brim crepe place nearby and I can't say that this one is significantly different taste-wise; both were delicious.

Date of visit: November 2012
1  Thank citysuburb
Reviewed October 25, 2012

We were staying in Paris at a hostel just two doors down from this place, so it was complete fluke we discovered it. We were drawn to it by the queue and the queue only, the decor is very understated. And that is the thing about this place, it is SO understated. The guy will not chat to you and ask where you're from or wave his arms around elaborately around as he cooks. He will simply get on with it. He works with such skill and precision, you are almost hypnotised. Despite having visited this place 5 times now, I have still only tried one of the items on the menu, and that is the Chevre Chorizo crêpe. The reason I have only tried this one I will attempt to explain now.

Chevre Chorizo: the satisfaction of having 3 balanced meals in one delicious crêpe, with a slight aftertaste of ill. To watch this thing being cooked is one of the most enticing things in the world, the cheese melting perfectly around the chorizo and the perfect amount of salad and seasoning.

Okay that sounds a little off putting, but don't let it dissuade you. This is one of the most delicious things I've eaten in my culinary-filled life.

1  Thank hazertazer
Reviewed September 19, 2012

Paris is terribly expensive. So for any stay you're going to need one or two 'cheap eats'. Au P'tit Grec is a brilliant example. The owners are charm personified. The food- galettes- 'salty' (or savory) pancakes, absolutely stuffed with fillings and tonnes of salad are healthy and filling.

Everytime we go to Paris we visit 'Au P'tit Grec' at least once. There's nowhere to properly sit down- it's just a glorified takeaway- there's a couple of seats inside but the whole shop-front is open to the elements and they only have soft drinks but the quality of ingredients is good and the vfm is outstanding.

We once went all the way down the Mouffetard- which, incidentally is one of Paris's most charming streets, and 'Au P'tit Grec' was shut. We tried one of their 'imitators' further up the road (towards the Quartier Latin) and ended up eating much inferior stuff at a greater price. This made us realise what a gem the 'Grec' is.

So..if you want a 'cheap eat', a grab-and-go of good quality fare you'd be hard-pressed to find a better place in Paris.

Date of visit: October 2011
1  Thank nibblepibbley
Reviewed July 3, 2012

Have a salty "gallette". You will not believe the quantity of food they can stuff in that round thingy. If you ask for yellow cheese, they will put an inch thick layer, so when you come there be prepared and hungry !!!!

They also have panini and sandwiches but the crepes are so good, I think it is a wast to not have one.

By the way, this place is very vegetarian friendly, have a crepe with different kind of cheese... and/or an egg :-)

1  Thank Nathan013