“Great location, room not so much”
Review of Hotel Monna Lisa

Hotel Monna Lisa
Ranked #294 of 1,809 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed May 8, 2013

I was in paris for a business trip. I spent 5 nights at the hotel. The location was amazing, it was close all the shopping venues and restaurants. The rooms were small, they didnt have any room service. Breakfast was the worst! they do have great breakfast plceses close by though! Overall i recommend the hotel if just want a place to stay but close to the city!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank m7md1988

Reviewed April 28, 2013

Not great. Room size ok for European hotel, but poor maintenance. Staff helpful but seem inexperienced and not well trained. Two blocks off the Champs, so good location but so many others hotels in area, you can do better. They don' t have an ice machine, so no cold drinks!

Room Tip: Probably won't find one here
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank Kenneth432
Reviewed April 27, 2013

Giving this a three star because we had a couple of problems while we stayed in this hotel, room was reserved for 2 adults and 2 kids, the kids bed was one sofa (opens into a bed) that was not very comfortable. The room was very nice, modern design, however not cleaned well (but not dirty - just little things here and there that make you feel someone was in the room before you).

When we wanted to give the kids a bath we discovered that the bath stopper was missing, when we notified the reception they visited the room and told us they had no replacements, however offered a free breakfast to compensate.

Night was actually terrible, for exterior noise coming from the street, from midnight to 5 AM car noise and people shouting. This is not something any hotel can control, the room itself was on the top floor and had a terrace - which had two sets of windows with double glazing but half of the windows had a problem and could not be locked properly. It seems pretty safe to say that this is a huge problem - but for this room only, and unfortunately we had little sleep because of this. Even the kids woke up from the noise - which is extremely rare.

Location is great, the room was big and comfortable, breakfast (was free due to the missing bath stopper) is fantastic, if we will stay there again it will only be in a different room.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Tali P
Reviewed April 26, 2013 via mobile

I visited Paris back in November 2012. I wasn't sure what to expect when I chose this hotel. But I must admit I was pleasantly surprised. The location is centrally located and it is only minutes away from the Champs Elysses and the local subway!!!

I gave the room an average score because the room are very very small and the tv only had French channels nothing in English. But the decor was very modern and the bed was super comfy so that balanced it all out. The size room only accommodates one adult. But if you are a couple visiting the city and need an affordable room for one or two nights I would definitely recommend this hotel. Anything longer than 2 nights would be a bit uncomfortable.

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank Jersey K
Reviewed April 21, 2013

We stayed at this Hotel in April 2013, the location is excellent, it is 5 min walk from the Champs Elysees and 10 min from la place de la concorde and les jardins de Tuileire. The Hotel is clean and the room was big enough and comfortable (We stayed in room no. 601), the staff was very helpful, they speak english very well. Our room was very well equipped, sound proofing, air conditioning and spacious bathroom with bathtub.My husband and I enjoyed our stay and will highly recommend it.

Room Tip: Room 601 is a good one
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 15, 2013

I stayed at the Hotel Monna Lisa recently for 3 nights while my boyfriend ran the Paris marathon. It is about 2 mins walk to the start line so for that purpose I recommend it entirely.

However we had some problems. If running a marathon you need to have a bath afterwards and I was aware that lots of hotels in Paris are shower only. So I spoke to the hotel before booking and confirmed that we would have a room with a bath. I thought to remind the hotel the day before we arrived only to be met with a response that the bathtub is only available in superior rooms and I could upgrade for 50EUR / night. This wasn’t what was agreed so I had to remind them of their promise and it was resolved, but still it caused unnecessary stress!

The hotel is on a street just off the Champs Elysee and is pretty small. The lobby is nice and contains a coffee machine (which proved impossible to use, but the effort was there.) Reception is smart but often the receptionists were just sitting on their phone seemingly chatting to friends. The lift is properly tiny and a bit rickety – it bumps up and down when you get in which is a little scary!

The room was neat and tidy. It’s very much a smart 3* rather than a 4* however. Our main problem came when using the shower – the mechanism to turn the water to come out of the shower rather than the bath was not at all obvious. We called reception to ask and they said they would come up in 15 mins. 30 mins later they hadn’t come so we just went out a bit smelly instead, thinking we would sort it in the evening. At night the receptionist came up and told us that she couldn’t figure it out and the shower must not be properly connected and the hotel was full so we just couldn’t use it. She sent another member of staff up later who immediately showed us how to do it. So all fine, but a bit weird that staff didn’t even know and again some unneeded pre marathon stress.

Perfectly adequate but I wouldn’t stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank karinski
Reviewed February 24, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for our 4 nights in Paris. The hotel is lovely and the staff couldn't have been more helpful. With rare exception, they all spoke English and were able to offer directions to where ever we wanted to go. The complimentary tea/coffee in the lobby was delicious and the staff were willing to assist us in using the machine which we were unfamiliar with. They were also accomodating to us and happily got us milk from the refrigerator out of the back where the morning breakfast was served. (Shhh...don't tell, but a couple times they were busy at the desk on the telphone so I went into the kitchen myself and helped myself to milk:) The hotel is conviently located just a couple blocks from Champs-Elysees which is a great shopping area and in walking distance to lots of museums for sight seeing. The hotel is also close to two metro stations.

The housekeeping staff was GREAT!!! We were four women staying in a suite and each day there were plenty of fresh towels and complementary bath products. They did such a good job that by the time we returned to the hotel at the end of our day of sight seeing, there was no evidence that there had been four women in and out of that one bathroom.

There is also a great spa directly accross the street from the hotel. We were each very happy with our massages and facials. It left us feeling relaxed and refreshed and we were off for yet another day of sight seeing. I'd stay at the Hotel Monna Lisa again if I ever have the opportunity to return to Paris.

Please remember to bring layers and a rain jacket/umbrella. Paris was cold and chilly (at times wet) when we traveled at the end of October, 2012. Also, beware of pick pockets!!! They have these signs up for a reason. I'm happy to report that when one of my travel companions had her wallet stolen out of her purse she only had a few Euros in there. I encourage you to wear a money belt under your clothes!!!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends