Hotel Exelmans
$279
$265
Cancelon
  • Fitness center
All reviewsroland garrosmetro stationeiffel towerpsgfrench
Reviewed December 2, 2013

Do not even choose it on what you can see in the small, tiny but somewhat charming lobby. Some of my relatives went there upfront to chaco availability. And a room on the patio (ground floor) was proposed and booked for a very attractive price (89 euros for single occupancy which is really affordable for Paris city at least). I was warned that it was small and I shouldn't expect luxe. When I arrived around 11:00PM, the room was allocated to another guest. I was invited to stay in another room on the first floor..... Ugly corridor, and ugly room. Last paint was probably made 20 years ago... Small shower with hardly enough hot water for me alone.... a sink that looks like it has been installed by an amateur 15 years ago.... Towel probably just enough big to put your feet away from dirt... And ... I was awakened around 6:30am by somebody I thought was entering my room.. and who was in fact leaving his room.... next door. Breakfast was proposed for 10 Euros... Nothing to complain about on this aspect. In summary, it was expected to be modest. It was terrible.
The positive point to be mentioned (yes there is one) : the staff was polite and professional.

Room Tip: only for those who don't want to spend 100 euros and do not care at all about what they get around the bed
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank msegard
Reviewed November 15, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a couple of nights disregarding some of the negative reviews. I like to give small independent hotels a second chance.
When I arrived the staff was friendly but the hallways have been under renovation for years (if you read the other reviews you will understand), the room was borderline discussing. You have a feeling that you stepped in a time capsule from the 70's and this was the example for a cheap hotel in that period.
The worst thing that happened was when I arrived at 11 PM for my second night, they didn't have my room key. I was positive that I handed it to the front desk but they didn't have it. After an hour of trying to reach the manager, the front desk just told me to stay in another room for the night. Basically I had to sleep with the clothes I wore outside with all my belongings in another room not knowing what happened to the key.
The next morning, I woke up to speak with the manager for the key, she was rude and said that I did not bring the key to her, that she had a spare key but to be careful. She never apologized nor showed any regret about the situation.

To top it all, there is no internet access at all!

Worse hotel experience ever!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank jppolido
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Staff is excellent, renovated room neat and comfy. Still working on halways, automatic lights come on to help navigate the narrow hallways. Other guests can be noisy slamming doors all hours of the night. The walls are thin. Overall slept ok and thought the hotel was a good value. Stayed there a week and the staff was always very pleasant and helpful.

Room Tip: We were on the bottom floor, noise from above was not a proplem. Inconsiderate neighbors were as the walls are thin. When confronted they appologized and were quiet but 2 nights later new guests were just as inconsiderate. The hotel is old but not bad, you can run into idiots anywhere.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SCOTTWoodlandHills
Reviewed October 21, 2013

The Hotel Exelmans is cheap. Our room was on the 3rd floor, beware there is no lift and 59 steep stairs to get to our room(not for oldies or those that are not able to climb mountains). Our room smelt terrible, it was quite small(not a big problem)and dispite the smell the cleaning staff had the room clean and tidy. Exelmans is quite handy to the Metro and there is a laundrymat just along the street. IGNORE their pics of the hotel, unless you pay a lot more you will not get those rooms. Staff were very helpful to us. I would not stay here again I would spend the extra and go to a nicer place. If you do stay don"t expect much and you will be fine.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank RickPamFin1
Reviewed September 14, 2013

It is rather good hotel. Although, it is not in the center of Paris, but near the metro station Exelmans (5 minutes) - so you can easily reach any place in Paris. Besides, it is only about 40 minutes by foot to Eiffel Tower!
My room was clean, good looking and with hot water). Disadvantages - as to me the staff was not too helpful, the walls were too thin (so bad for good sleeping). But in general, the hotel is good enough for democratic travelers, but not for bourgeoisie.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo