“Horror story”

Ranked #1,584 of 1,796 Hotels in Paris
Lisbon, Portugal
“Horror story”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a couple of nights disregarding some of the negative reviews. I like to give small independent hotels a second chance.
When I arrived the staff was friendly but the hallways have been under renovation for years (if you read the other reviews you will understand), the room was borderline discussing. You have a feeling that you stepped in a time capsule from the 70's and this was the example for a cheap hotel in that period.
The worst thing that happened was when I arrived at 11 PM for my second night, they didn't have my room key. I was positive that I handed it to the front desk but they didn't have it. After an hour of trying to reach the manager, the front desk just told me to stay in another room for the night. Basically I had to sleep with the clothes I wore outside with all my belongings in another room not knowing what happened to the key.
The next morning, I woke up to speak with the manager for the key, she was rude and said that I did not bring the key to her, that she had a spare key but to be careful. She never apologized nor showed any regret about the situation.

To top it all, there is no internet access at all!

Worse hotel experience ever!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank jppolido

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
WOODLAND HILLS
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013

Staff is excellent, renovated room neat and comfy. Still working on halways, automatic lights come on to help navigate the narrow hallways. Other guests can be noisy slamming doors all hours of the night. The walls are thin. Overall slept ok and thought the hotel was a good value. Stayed there a week and the staff was always very pleasant and helpful.

Room Tip: We were on the bottom floor, noise from above was not a proplem. Inconsiderate neighbors were as the...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SCOTTWoodlandHills
Nelson, New Zealand
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

The Hotel Exelmans is cheap. Our room was on the 3rd floor, beware there is no lift and 59 steep stairs to get to our room(not for oldies or those that are not able to climb mountains). Our room smelt terrible, it was quite small(not a big problem)and dispite the smell the cleaning staff had the room clean and tidy. Exelmans is quite handy to the Metro and there is a laundrymat just along the street. IGNORE their pics of the hotel, unless you pay a lot more you will not get those rooms. Staff were very helpful to us. I would not stay here again I would spend the extra and go to a nicer place. If you do stay don"t expect much and you will be fine.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank RickPamFin1

Travelers are raving about these Paris hotels

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2013

It is rather good hotel. Although, it is not in the center of Paris, but near the metro station Exelmans (5 minutes) - so you can easily reach any place in Paris. Besides, it is only about 40 minutes by foot to Eiffel Tower!
My room was clean, good looking and with hot water). Disadvantages - as to me the staff was not too helpful, the walls were too thin (so bad for good sleeping). But in general, the hotel is good enough for democratic travelers, but not for bourgeoisie.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Milan, Italy
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2013

I highly suggest you to AVOID this hotel! The hotel is old, dirty, not equipped, there's not an elevator, it's really expensive and the pictures showed on the website are photoshopped! I'll post some real ...
It's very expensive (€69 per night) for what it gives. The staff is rude and not helpful. I will NEVER visit this hotel egain and probably the staff knows since, when I said "au revoir" at the check-out, the man at the reception NEVER replied to me...
I doubt I've ever seen something such horrible!
For more informations, give a look to the pics...

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank La D
The Hague, The Netherlands
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013

Terrible hotel. Walls are super thin so if you want to hear your neighbors having sex, YOU WILL!!!! Theres no lift so be ready to carry your bags up the stairs. The staff is rude, the rooms are dirty, the bathroom is tiny. The location sucks too. Everything is far away. Will never stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank iPati79
Belfast
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel alone in July while visiting some friends. It wasn't overly expensive at €49 (room only) however even by Paris standards this was a complete rip-off for the experience I received. First of all the website is a complete and utter lie. The site portrays it as a nicely decorated small hotel, with a charming garden area close to trocadero. In reality it is a horrible run down building with dark and dingy corridors and rooms, the corridors have crumbling paint and plaster and random bits of old furniture stacked up all over the place as though waiting to be collected by a skip. The rooms have old mismatched furniture that looks like its come from a house clearance and there are exposed pipes and dirty carpets. It's also nowhere near Trocadero. The staff are rude and incompetent, when I complained that the heating was on in my room and I couldn't switch it off (it was 30-somethingºC outside) i was told that the electrician was on holiday and there was nothing could be done. I asked to change to another room and was flatly told that they were all like that, with no effort to help me out or come up with a solution. I've never been so uncomfortable and needless to say I had a horrible night. The shower was dirty with soap scum from the previous guest on the shower curtain and when i lifted the toilet lid the toilet had not been flushed since the last user. It was absolutely disgusting. I would rather have stayed in a youth hostel sharing with 18 snoring students and if it hadn't been so late I would have run a mile. If you're thinking of booking here - DON'T!!!!

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank spacegirl293
Also consider these accommodations in or near Paris
Passy
Hotel de Paris
#14 of 24 in Boulogne-Billancourt
Residence Hotel Villa Escudier
#7 of 24 in Boulogne-Billancourt

Been to Hotel Exelmans? Share your experiences!