“Pathetic hotel and arrogant management”
Review of Hotel Exelmans

Hotel Exelmans
Ranked #1,610 of 1,803 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed April 9, 2012

The wesbsite promisses an elegant small hotel in a quiet residential area of Paris. The location is great if you are looking to be ina quiet area. The real problem is when you enter the hotel an you realize that they have taken "false advertisement to new lows !!!" Half the antique furniture displayed on the website are gone. The building has enormous potential as it had a pleasant courtyard/garden BUT IT IS FALLING APART !!!! Mildew, sinks that flood, cracked walls, a construction site with all the trimmings (transparent plastic covering staircases, unfinished patched walls, and on and on.) Renovations had been stopped for a month perhaps because of lack of funds.
There is a much better choice half a block away called Hotel Boileau.
Many are the choices for hotels in Paris, stay away from this rotten apple !!!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank Yurisney

Reviewed October 25, 2011

We arrived at Exelmans hotel and already the alarm of the hotel was yelling and not possible to stop according to the receptionist. We booked 2 single rooms (through www.booking.com), it mentionned single standard rooms including breakfast. Entering this labyrinth, also looking like a prison (under reconstruction as there was a plastic film on floor because of painting), we went trought a small corridor leading to two bedrooms which looked like "maid rooms", at our surprise those rooms did not have toilets (we were not informed about it when we reserved the rooms). Immediately, we went to ask for upgrading or at least to exchange, I met the hotel management in the corridor and I asked why our rooms don't have toilets, they couldn't explain me and were just laughing at me.
After arguing with the receptionist who was very unpleasant, we successfully got executive and superior rooms with a supplement at our own charge of course. The rooms are very poor and smelly with mold everywhere and mats are not at all confortable, only tv was great! I found hair in my bed from previous clients and the heating was not working for 2 nights I stood there, windows not closing and not possible to lock, I did not want to complain again as this hotel was a total disaster, only the lobby was cozy and correctly decorated, the breakfast was totally awful and for that price, I am sorry you get only jam, orange juice, coffee, 1 croissant and on top of that, you have to help yourself. I really do not recommend this hotel at all, it is a shame to sell rooms for such a price for a 2 star property even if it is "Paris", it really doesnt correspond to quality, value for money. This hotel should close down immediately or heavily reconsider to improve the quality of service!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
4  Thank cedricparisfrance
Reviewed August 22, 2011

Someone here mentioned that a woman travelling alone shouldn't even consider this hotel, but I think the hotel is ok if you just don't mind the rooms. The staff was very helpful and nice and they spoke all spoke proper English (which was important to me since I can't speak French). The lounge was nice and cozy, but when I got to the room... It really was like a prison. The room was tiny, the bathroon even smaller and there was mold and water damage in the walls above the shower and it smelled really bad. The bed was uncomfortable and the lack of a nightstand bothered me. The walls were paper thin and I could clearly hear what the German family staying at the room above me were talking about. The only nice things about the room were the tv (big and new, but of the about 35 channels one was in German and other, Eurosport in English. I'm not really into sports so I watched the German channel if I opened the tv at all) and the view. I quite liked the garden so it was nice to have a window on that wall and not facing the street.

I didn't eat any breakfast there because I thought ten euros a day for a croissant and tea was more than I was ready to pay. So I usually had breakfast just before noon because the subway ride was so long and I didn't want to be in the way of commuters (so I didn't leave the room at 8 or 9 in the morning) But really, if you want to be at the sights just after they open and before the ques, you really do have to get up early because no matter where you go, the subway takes at least 20 minutes. And if you plan to go to Disneyland, choose another hotel. This one's too far.

The services near the hotel: the subway stop isn't too far and there's a drug store and a small grocery store just along the road. If you don't care for French food, there's a Chinese restaurant, McDonald's and a Subway a small walk away (but you don't have anywhere to store the food in the hotel room, though)

The hotel was ok, but I'm not going to stay there again. The prison-like rooms and the location weren't for me.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank meemin
Reviewed May 7, 2011

The staff messed up our rooms, our room was not cleaned, so given another room for one night which was dirty, mould growing on the walls, bare wiring, tiny bathroom, noisy, holes in the floor, leaking toilet flooding the bedroom carpet,the list goes on. No kettle or cups

Im glad we were out all the time in beautiful paris, would not recommend this place at all :(

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank seas0ned_traveller42
Reviewed January 2, 2011

I'm actually in the hotel as I write this. Most everyone is correct. The rooms are cramped, the building itself has notable wear and shows a need for renovation. But the beds are comfortable and the staff is quite friendly. This hotel is for you if you are really just going back to your room to sleep while you enjoy the city, which by the way is easily accessible by the metro station down the road.

• Stayed: January 2011
1  Thank scardabums
Reviewed October 26, 2010

The pictures belie the true nature of this hotel. The lobby is a typical 2 star hotel. But walk down the unlit corridor only to find another, and then another and you'll soon see why it's not a safe / comfortable night's stay for a woman travelling on her own. I've travelled throughout Europe and this is the only hotel where I have left to find another.
It might be ok for a couple or a bloke - but not for a woman travelling alone.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
4  Thank womantravelling
Reviewed October 21, 2010

The website suggested an elegant place....
Tiny rooms.
Tiny Beds although comfortable.
Entrance small, not very clean but staff helpfull and cheerful (unless you come back late in the evening....)
Noisy, noisy rooms

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Mikmaffee
Also consider these accommodations in or near Paris
Passy
Olympic Hotel
#11 of 24 in Boulogne-Billancourt
Le Carrosse
#1,448 of 1,803 in Paris

Been to Hotel Exelmans? Share your experiences!