“A very good place”
Review of Carina Hotel

Carina Hotel
Ranked #907 of 1,802 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed October 22, 2013 via mobile

Carina is a perfect hotel me and friend stayed 5 nights this october in the hotel the neighbourhood is wonderful very safe ;a couple of minutes from Charles Michael metro station ; many restaurants and coffee shops also many markets nearby ; the hotel is very clean ; narrow rooms but good spacious bathroom ; I loved my first visit to paris and in my next visit for sure I will stay in the same hotel again

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Mohamed A

Reviewed October 17, 2013

We stayed in Hotel Carina in October 2013 for almost a week. This is a good hotel, it's clean, inexpensive and conveniently located.

LOCATION: Hotel Carina is located near Charles Michael metro station. There are many shops and restaurants nearby as well as Beaugrenelle mall on Rue Linois. Eiffel tower is not far. However, it's not 5 minute walk as some other reviewers suggested, and not even 10, unless you like speedwalking. 15 minutes of steady walk seems like a better estimate to me. Railroad (RER) station Javel is one metro station (or 5 minute walk) away. We used it to get to Versailles, it's very convenient.

ROOMS: Rooms in the hotel are nice, though a little old and small. Bathrooms are almost as big as rooms. Inside a room, you will find phone, flat-screen TV and small safe, that's pretty much it. No coffee machne, no alarm clock, no fridge, no a/c. Fortunately for us, outer window sill is protected by a grill and, depending on weather, can serve as a refrigerator. Hotel has free internet, but unfortunately during our stay it was not working on higher floors. We had to go down to reception to do our browsing and email checking. Rooms do not have many electrical outlets, none near the bed, I guess this is normal for older rooms. On TV I did not find any English channels and one night settled on watching "House MD" in French.

FOOD: Hotel offers breakfast for 9 euro, but we never tried it. There are so many options to eat outside - Starbucks near metro and McDonalds across the street, several corner cafes (probably authentic), and a bakery shop. You can also get food from Carrefour Express (open until 10PM), asian food shop or a bigger and lower priced Carrefour City near metro (ostensibly open until 11PM, but they actually closed it at 10PM). I would recommend trying delightful crepes at CC142 (same block as hotel, walk towards Eiffel tower).

STAFF: This hotel does not employ many people. Reception staff speaks English (I suspect one gentleman is the owner), but maids might not even speak good French.

I liked this hotel and would recommend it to others. There were two negative factors - internet (I mentioned it above) and the fact that they did not honor my Venere.com discount which was stated in my booking. That was a small discount, though, and even without it I found the price to be very adequate for Paris.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Alex_54321
Reviewed September 21, 2013

I liked staying at Carina. The hotel is very close to the Charles Michel subway station and almost right next to a Carfour market.
The staff was nice. They actually offered 3 times to change our room, because we were 2 girls in a double bed room [it was actually kind of weird that 3 different people asked us the same thing].
Even if the room was small it was absolutely ok, except the smell. It had a default old and wet smell. But it does go away after you open the window.
The breakfast was not just a croissant. We had a small buffet with pastry, juice, tea, coffee, ham, cheese and so on. And they were all good.
We had a problem with the wireless. We just could not connect contrary to all our efforts.
All in all it is a good location and you can see the Eiffel Tour from the main street.
So: enjoy your stay.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Ionela M
Reviewed September 3, 2013

My partner and I visited paris on a 2 night stsy for my birthday. Greeted by very polite recrption stafg, check in was very quick. Stayed in room 15 on 1st gloor, toom small but clean and adequate. No tea or coffee making facility which we missed. There was a safety deposit box tho and a tv. Unfortunately tho only 1 english speaking chanel (cnn news)
Location very close to eiffel tower (5 min walk) and a tube station. Breakfast was available at extra cost 9€) but we did not have and chose a local restaurant instead.
Would recommend this hotel for a no frills break.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bekkie433
Reviewed August 30, 2013

Decent hotel for the prices they charge you. They also have a buffet breakfast that included cold food items. The receptionist was nice as well. Not to forget it is very close to the Eiffel Tower which one can see from the hotel. A metro station is 2 minutes walk away and so are a couple of supermarkets, starbucks and some restaurants.Was pretty satisfied with my stay here.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Deepti30
Reviewed August 26, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for 2 nights, we were very pleased with our room, it's very comfortable and clean. The wi fi worked perfectly and was free. My only complaint is without air conditioning it's too noisy to have the window open and the fan in the room was too noisy to leave on so it was the worst of 2 evils, saying that we enjoyed our stay and recommend it to other travellers.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sharon_coote
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Me and my boyfriend stopped at the hotel Carina for 3 nights on a short trip to Paris. The hotel was lovely and clean. The rooms are small but there is no need for a big room as you will hardly spend anytime in there. The bathroom on the other hand was beautiful! and very big. The rooms and well decorated and clean. Wi-Fi is free which is also great!

The only down side was that I didn't think it was a 10 minute walk to the Eiffel tower I say more 20 minutes and I'm a quick walker. But on the other hand there is a tube station very close by! I would recommend this hotel and would stop here again in the future!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple