Platine Hotel
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Room Service
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
All reviewsmarilyn monroehonesty barthemed hoteleiffel towerjacuzzi bathcharles michel metroled lightsminute walkmetro stationbooked this hotelcool hotelunique hotelromantic weekendaround the cornerhotel is locateddeluxe roommacaroons
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 31, 2013

My business meetings were in the area, so I needed a hotel within walking distance. The Platine Hotel is in a quiet street in a very nice area - nearby are lot's of cafe's, restaurants and opposite a shopping mall that has just opened. Lyse (Receptionist) emailed me prior to my arrival and arranged for my ground transportation to and from Paris Orly Airport. This was a very nice touch (its not free and taxi's are probably cheaper, but after a long trip from the US, I'd rather know the transportation is ready and waiting for me right outside customs). The hotel itself is small, clean and the staff are super friendly and efficient. I've stayed in several hotels on the Champs-Elysées and have to say that staying in this area was like a breath of fresh air. Breakfast was included in my rate and that too was really good value - eggs, sausage, pancakes and a buffet of fruit, breads, yoghurt etc. My room was very comfortable - actually I thought it was quite large compared to typical Paris hotels. This hotel is not in a tourist area and for me that was a good thing. However, I found that in all of the restaurants and cafe's I tried, English was spoken by nearly everyone I met. I thought the hotel and the surrounding area were both very welcoming to an American visitor whose French is virtually non-existent. I would recommend the hotel. It is priced right, great staff and in a perfect area close to tourist attractions.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank JeremyPF
Julien H, Directeur général at Platine Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2014

Thank you very much indeed for sharing your experience.
Our teams and services have improved since the opening and we would be happy to have the opportunity to welcome you again in Paris.

Reviewed October 30, 2013

Stayed for a night whilst my girlfriend was there on business. Nice, clean, modern hotel with a comical Hollywood theme throughout. Breakfast was ok and staff were very friendly. I would recommend for a night or two.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 28, 2013

We stayed at the Platine Hotel in mid-October 2013. The hotel is wonderfully comfortable and well located to Paris attractions. The hotel staff was extremely accomodating and helpful. I could find no fault with the hotel, and would consider it to be on par with many of the 4-star hotels I have stayed at during my travels throughout the world.

We were in Paris on a family vacation, so we rented two rooms. Both rooms were clean, neat, functional and quiet. The bedroom space is what you would expect in a typical European hotel, which is small by US hotel room standards. However, the Platine Hotel makes great use of functional furnishings which serve to provide sitting space without a cluttered feel. The bathrooms deserve an award for style and functionality. The Platine takes a modest bathroom space and gives it a roomy, comfortable feel by using lighting and bath fixtures that accentuate the space. The showers feature high-flow rain-style showerheads, and hot water was always in plentiful supply.

The Platine Hotel staff was extremely accomodating, and made our stay a true pleasure. Given that we were traveling as a family of four, I wanted to arrange for a private car service to pick us up from the airport. The Platine Hotel staff handled all of these arrangements for me, setting up a roomy private car service that accomodated four travelers + luggage at a very reasonable fare. Over the course of our stay, the staff would always inquire about our travels in/around Paris, and were quick with suggestions for dining and tips for avoiding crowds at the tourist attractions.

The location of the hotel is perfect for the traveler seeking to tour the sights of Paris. The Eiffel Tower is about six blocks from the hotel. The Statue of Liberty is about a block away. The metro station for the train to Versailles is less than three blocks away. We walked from the hotel to the Arc de Triomphe, then down the Champs Elysee to the Louvre ... not a walk for everyone, but certainly doable. We took a taxi from the Louvre to the hotel for 12 euros. We took a taxi from the hotel to Sacre Coeur for 20 euros. I did not feel those taxi fares were exorbanent.

The hotel is located within a fine residential neighborhood. We walked around the area at all hours of the day and night and felt quite safe and comfortable. There is a grocery store a block away where you can stock up on bottle water and the like. Two blocks away is a fine bistro; a Starbucks; and, a McDonald's. Venture a block or two further and your dining choices multiply several fold.

This is what I would call a boutique hotel. The lobby is small, but comfortable, with a waiting area that has about a half-dozen comfortable chairs and a modest honor bar. The entire hotel is done in a Marilyn Monroe theme. I found the decor fun and interesting ... and tastefully done. We did not eat at the restaurant, so I can't comment on the food.

I had read a few reviews that commented about the noise from construction across the street. During our four night stay I did not experience any noise issues, nor did anyone else in my party.

I found the Platine Hotel to be a gem of a hotel and I would strongly recommend it to anyone looking for accomodations in Paris.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank STP1606

Reviewed October 25, 2013

This is a nice, clean and decent hotel for a short break. Admittedly the MM theme is a bit quriky together with the padded lift, but the staff were very welcoming. I changed my room to be on the same floor as my colleague and went from the 5th to the 1st floor. The room on the 5th floor was tiny with MM's face on the ceiling above the bed, so I am glad I changed! My first floor room was also snug but very clean with a comfy bed ( not sure it would be big enough for 2). I was lucky to have a large private balcony and kept the door open as the room was very hot - the air con had been deactivated or didn't work. The bathroom is also quirky with ever changing coloured lights but a very nice rainfall shower. The breakfast was also very nice with lots of choice and decent coffee. As I was only here for 24 hours I didn't get to orientate myself in terms of location but the Eiffel Tower was near as was the Metro. There seemed to be a lot of young people milling around outside and there was a building site net door but this did not interfere with our stay.

Room Tip: Go for the first floor room 107 if possible!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Carol R

Reviewed October 24, 2013

Our flight was in quite late so I knew we wouldn't arrive into the hotel until 1am some reveiwers had stated this was a problem when they arrived but I emailed a few days before and they said it was no problem. We followed the directions on the website to get from the airport to the hotel and it was very straight forward. We were greeted by a very friendly male receptionist.
The hotel was decorated with a Halloween them, which worked very well! The lift has a TV in it which is a nice feature.

Our room was on 6th floor- and was the classic themed room, which is beautiful. Although everyone seems to complain about the size of the room..its perfect. The shower is amazing!! The lights are really lovely and its just how I want my bathroom to look! I am quite particular though about cleaning, and around the sink cabinet and toilet the floor is very dusty. It would be easy to neglect this and in a few years the hotel could become very run down.

Just so you know the room service is all served cold and you can't order desert or wine without ordering a 'main meal'. There is a mini bar in the room think water was 3euro. Also a lot of people have complained about the noise..we hardly heard anything - only when I didn't shut the window properly it woke us up! We were beside the lift as well and we never heard it either!

We went to a little restaurant around the corner for breakfast on the first day. But we ate in the hotel the other days - breakfast is until 10.30am, we came down around 10 and there was still plenty out - sausages, cheese, ham and bread. There's also a selection of cereals.

Other details: We walked to the Eiffel tower - I think it took about 15-20 minutes. However we did get held up with 3 men who made bracelets for us 'for free' we couldn't get away as they had already started wrapping them around our wrists and then asked us for money - so make no eye contact!! There was also a lot of Romanian women asking you to sign up to help deaf and blind children and then wanting money - so be careful.

The metro is about a 5 minute walk at the most from the hotel and its so easy to use, most people speak English but I think they appreciated my horrendous French attempts at basic words!

Back to the hotel - you won't regret it, its lovely, I would say mainly for a girly get away or couples.

Room Tip: 601 was a quiet room beside the lift
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple