“Great Hotel! Great Staff! AAAAA+++++!”
Review of Platine Hotel

Platine Hotel
Ranked #261 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed October 28, 2013

We stayed at the Platine Hotel in mid-October 2013. The hotel is wonderfully comfortable and well located to Paris attractions. The hotel staff was extremely accomodating and helpful. I could find no fault with the hotel, and would consider it to be on par with many of the 4-star hotels I have stayed at during my travels throughout the world.

We were in Paris on a family vacation, so we rented two rooms. Both rooms were clean, neat, functional and quiet. The bedroom space is what you would expect in a typical European hotel, which is small by US hotel room standards. However, the Platine Hotel makes great use of functional furnishings which serve to provide sitting space without a cluttered feel. The bathrooms deserve an award for style and functionality. The Platine takes a modest bathroom space and gives it a roomy, comfortable feel by using lighting and bath fixtures that accentuate the space. The showers feature high-flow rain-style showerheads, and hot water was always in plentiful supply.

The Platine Hotel staff was extremely accomodating, and made our stay a true pleasure. Given that we were traveling as a family of four, I wanted to arrange for a private car service to pick us up from the airport. The Platine Hotel staff handled all of these arrangements for me, setting up a roomy private car service that accomodated four travelers + luggage at a very reasonable fare. Over the course of our stay, the staff would always inquire about our travels in/around Paris, and were quick with suggestions for dining and tips for avoiding crowds at the tourist attractions.

The location of the hotel is perfect for the traveler seeking to tour the sights of Paris. The Eiffel Tower is about six blocks from the hotel. The Statue of Liberty is about a block away. The metro station for the train to Versailles is less than three blocks away. We walked from the hotel to the Arc de Triomphe, then down the Champs Elysee to the Louvre ... not a walk for everyone, but certainly doable. We took a taxi from the Louvre to the hotel for 12 euros. We took a taxi from the hotel to Sacre Coeur for 20 euros. I did not feel those taxi fares were exorbanent.

The hotel is located within a fine residential neighborhood. We walked around the area at all hours of the day and night and felt quite safe and comfortable. There is a grocery store a block away where you can stock up on bottle water and the like. Two blocks away is a fine bistro; a Starbucks; and, a McDonald's. Venture a block or two further and your dining choices multiply several fold.

This is what I would call a boutique hotel. The lobby is small, but comfortable, with a waiting area that has about a half-dozen comfortable chairs and a modest honor bar. The entire hotel is done in a Marilyn Monroe theme. I found the decor fun and interesting ... and tastefully done. We did not eat at the restaurant, so I can't comment on the food.

I had read a few reviews that commented about the noise from construction across the street. During our four night stay I did not experience any noise issues, nor did anyone else in my party.

I found the Platine Hotel to be a gem of a hotel and I would strongly recommend it to anyone looking for accomodations in Paris.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank STP1606
Julien H, Directeur général at Platine Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2014

Thank you very much indeed for sharing your experience.
Our teams and services have improved since the opening and we would be happy to have the opportunity to welcome you again in Paris.

There are newer reviews for Platine Hotel

Reviewed October 25, 2013

This is a nice, clean and decent hotel for a short break. Admittedly the MM theme is a bit quriky together with the padded lift, but the staff were very welcoming. I changed my room to be on the same floor as my colleague and went from the 5th to the 1st floor. The room on the 5th floor was tiny with MM's face on the ceiling above the bed, so I am glad I changed! My first floor room was also snug but very clean with a comfy bed ( not sure it would be big enough for 2). I was lucky to have a large private balcony and kept the door open as the room was very hot - the air con had been deactivated or didn't work. The bathroom is also quirky with ever changing coloured lights but a very nice rainfall shower. The breakfast was also very nice with lots of choice and decent coffee. As I was only here for 24 hours I didn't get to orientate myself in terms of location but the Eiffel Tower was near as was the Metro. There seemed to be a lot of young people milling around outside and there was a building site net door but this did not interfere with our stay.

Room Tip: Go for the first floor room 107 if possible!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank cros831

Reviewed October 24, 2013

Our flight was in quite late so I knew we wouldn't arrive into the hotel until 1am some reveiwers had stated this was a problem when they arrived but I emailed a few days before and they said it was no problem. We followed the directions on the website to get from the airport to the hotel and it was very straight forward. We were greeted by a very friendly male receptionist.
The hotel was decorated with a Halloween them, which worked very well! The lift has a TV in it which is a nice feature.

Our room was on 6th floor- and was the classic themed room, which is beautiful. Although everyone seems to complain about the size of the room..its perfect. The shower is amazing!! The lights are really lovely and its just how I want my bathroom to look! I am quite particular though about cleaning, and around the sink cabinet and toilet the floor is very dusty. It would be easy to neglect this and in a few years the hotel could become very run down.

Just so you know the room service is all served cold and you can't order desert or wine without ordering a 'main meal'. There is a mini bar in the room think water was 3euro. Also a lot of people have complained about the noise..we hardly heard anything - only when I didn't shut the window properly it woke us up! We were beside the lift as well and we never heard it either!

We went to a little restaurant around the corner for breakfast on the first day. But we ate in the hotel the other days - breakfast is until 10.30am, we came down around 10 and there was still plenty out - sausages, cheese, ham and bread. There's also a selection of cereals.

Other details: We walked to the Eiffel tower - I think it took about 15-20 minutes. However we did get held up with 3 men who made bracelets for us 'for free' we couldn't get away as they had already started wrapping them around our wrists and then asked us for money - so make no eye contact!! There was also a lot of Romanian women asking you to sign up to help deaf and blind children and then wanting money - so be careful.

The metro is about a 5 minute walk at the most from the hotel and its so easy to use, most people speak English but I think they appreciated my horrendous French attempts at basic words!

Back to the hotel - you won't regret it, its lovely, I would say mainly for a girly get away or couples.

Room Tip: 601 was a quiet room beside the lift
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 21, 2013

Nice, clean small hotel.. must say the Marlyn theme is unique. The rooms are not very big though but guess ok by the Paris standards.
A short walk away from Eiffel and the Seine. So not a bad location !

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 17, 2013 via mobile

I have just returned from a 3 night break here with my best friend.

We chose the hotel because of the price & the MM theme. We thought it was perfect for our girly break. It did not disappoint in that respect. The entrance has a huge in built fireplace fitted into a MM picture. The lifts play MM films & the bedroom wall has a MM feature wall. The bed was huuuge!! We were situated on the fifth floor. The hotel has a funny smell in the corridors and I would definitely not call it a signature scent! The hallways are dark & could do with a bit of light tbh!

The room was clean & fresh. The shower was fantastic & we had no problems at all with hot water (as I saw someone mention on here).

The hotel left toiletries & slippers for you to use. The minibar stocked all the main drinks.

We didn't get to use the spa as it closed at 10pm daily & it was too early for us. Receptionist told us on arrival there was a Turkish Bath, which we got very excited about, only to dis ice it was a steam room!

We didn't get breakfast included as we had read that there are local cafés who do breakfast for a lot cheaper! We found that was not the case & we ended up paying just as much! So would definitely recommend booking breakfast.

The only downsides were that on the first morning, we hung the "do not disturb" sign on our door but this made no difference & the maid still came in & cleaned the room! We didn't mind, it's just that our stuff was all over the place having rushed out!

The other downside was that the hotel is opposite the new shopping complex that was being made which didn't make for a nice view. Which opens 23 Oct btw! Also there is a talk building which blocks the Eiffel Tower view!!! Also, the hotel is down a quiet side street, which is probably not that safe for young girls to walk down!

The hotel is about 15 minutes walk to the Eiffel Tower but about 25 mins in a cab to Central Paris which was a shame as we thought it was a lot closer than that.

All in all it was a great hotel & if it weren't for the location, I would book here again for my next visit to Paris.

Enjoy!

PS the hotel has an "honesty bar" whereby you make your own drinks & just write down on a bit of paper what you drank & they charge it to your room.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed October 16, 2013

We recently stayed at the Platine Hotel and it was utterly disappointing. Our room had a really bad mildew smell and there was dampness in the bathroom area. When we mentioned this the folllowing morning to the receptionist, she didn't seem surprised and moved us to another room, which was smaller and equally smelly. They also have serious problems with their water system - it was necessary to run the taps for 20-30 mins to get the hot water to reach the 5th floor. The constant delays were really frustrating, when you want to get out and enjoy Paris. This hotel will never win an environmental award!!! The management were unapologetic about the problems, which is a shame, as they have the basis for a good product. But I would find it impossible to recommend.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank april5

Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

Recently had a 3 night stay at the platine hotel and it was amazing! Booked it through secret escapes and I'm so glad I did. A beautiful hotel which is in a great position, we walked to the Eiffel Tower in 15mins and there is a super market and train station just around the corner. Breakfast was lovely so I would recommend that. They also kept our case on the last day whilst we visited a few more sights before traveling home. The hotel has it's own signature scent which is a lovely touch. Overall had an amazing stay at this hotel and would definitely return!

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple