Best Western Empire Elysees
$279
$265
Cancelon
  • Fitness center
All reviewsarc de triomphegreat locationbreakfast downstairsbig roomvery nice stayaround the cornerexcellent breakfasthotel breakfastcomfy bedtwo metro stationsbudget hotelstayed here for nightsterneseurosavenuesupermarketac
Reviewed October 4, 2013

I have been in this hotel in a business trip, got booked by the travel agency, did not choose it myself but I was positively surprised!
Location is just 2 blocks from the Arc the Triomphe, so close to a nice walk on the Champs Elisees which, even if you are not in Paris for leisure, it is what you need after a full day in meetings. Got fee upgrade to junior suite which was spacious and freshly renewed. My colleague was in a standard room and he found it a bit small but everything was clean and nice. Did not have breakfast in the hotel but it was available at 14€.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank rgraglia
Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

My cousin and I stayed here for 4 days and 3 nights it is such an awesome location. Literally 2 blocks away from Arc du Triomphe and Champs Elysees. It was clean the night manager was very helpful and nice. Unfortunately we came across a problem the day of check out. There was a hige misunderstanding in regards to our reservations being paid in full. And instead of helping out. The day time associate at the front desk blatantly made fun of my cousin and I, verbatum: "maybe you need to learn how to read. Clearly you know how to speak frenchi don't see why you have a problem reading English." It was so rude and I stepped away to talk to my bank to confirm whether or not the payment was full. My cousin was scrutinized by the daytime desk manager stating we had to pay and there's no way for us to leave without paying. We weren't trying to leave without paying. When I returned, the manager was professional about the whole situation. He did not say thank you he walked away immediately to go on break, as I was gathering my things, the same woman that helped us initially, was mocking me and laughing at my cousin and I saying "ooo dude we totally paid" clearly mocking the fact that we are American. Although this is an awesome location. There's another best western about a block closer to arc du triomphe. Stay there instead. We stopped by there just to see what it was like and in all honesty their courtesy is mich more genuine.

• Stayed: August 2013
8  Thank krispo62
Reviewed August 11, 2013

This hotel really surprised us quite a lot. Considering its location (7 minutes to Arc de Triomphe) and its reasonable price, I was expecting to find a merely okay hotel but Empire Elysees surpassed our expectations in every sense. The rooms were clean and comfortable, the overall quality of the hotel is pretty decent and the staff we had the chance to interact with really made everything they could to help us. This is a 3 stars hotel in a 4 stars location with a 5 stars staff. I am sure I will misspell everyone's name, but I want to explicitly thank Mathieu, Nizar, Adel and Denize for making our trip to Paris even better. If I get back to this lovely city, I will look no further, Empire Elysees has it all!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank MarcelNM
Reviewed August 1, 2013 via mobile

This hotel was a good price for our family of five in two rooms with air conditioning. It's a nice, old building but has all the comforts you need. The bathrooms were modern and clean with a good shower. We had a balcony that we could step out on and look down the road to the fruit shop and people enjoying a drink at the cafe. The location is perfect, close to the station and many restaurants and cafes. There is a laundromat up the road which was handy and a monoprix shop as well. You were close to everything but not in a big touristy area. The staff were friendly and helpful and housekeeping did a great job as well. I would love to have the opportunity to stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed July 8, 2013

General Impression:

Overall, the Best Western Empire Elysées provided a great stay and an excellent starting point for experiencing Paris.

Location:

If there is one reason to consider the Best Western Empire Elysées beyond price point, it is the location.

The hotel is within walking distance from the Arc de Triomphe and the Avenue des Champs Elysées filled with stores, restaurants, cafes etc. While these areas is the attraction for staying in the area you will pass by a number of additional options to eat, shop or stop for a beverage on a patio along the way.

It is a boutique hotel off of Avenue des Ternes so it may be difficult to find when you first arrive. Rue de Montenotte is across the street from the clothing store "NAF NAF" and "Le Dada Restaurant" (another cool hangout) if you are traveling by foot from the Ternes Metro station and need a reference point.

I can't speak for the buffet breakfast they advertise at the hotel, but at 14 euro/person you may want to consider taking a left out of the hotel and making your way to a local hangout called the Yuppies Café serving some decent breakfast (croque madame was our go to) and Creperie Grill (service was a little slow) if you are looking for alternatives.

*For the budget conscious traveler, a supermarket/convenience store is only a couple steps away in the same direction.

Accommodations:

We stayed in the newly renovated Junior Suite. The room had a chic and modern design from floor to ceiling with pink and grey accents throughout. The room featured a queen bed, flat screen TV, stand up closet with complimentary safety deposit box, desk, two lounge chairs, and a narrow but workable washroom. Noise was not an issue in our room.
Wifi is free and works reasonably well but some areas in your room may have a better signal then others. The room also had a number of outlets if you depend on several electronic devices throughout your stay. *You will need a power-plug converter/adapter if you are traveling to Europe for the first time.

The staff were welcoming, courteous and attentive.

Transportation:

The metro is fairly close the hotel and allows you to travel to other areas of interest with relative ease. Your best bet is to purchase the package of ten tickets for convenience more than anything else.

* Our next destination had us flying out of Orly airport. If this is the case for you as well, you may want to consider the option of having the hotel arrange a driver for you with a negotiated price. It was the option I chose and was thankful for given the distance and convenience.

Overall:

Nestled in arguably one of the best areas in Paris, the Best Western is an excellent choice given its proximity to shopping, eating and starting point for touring. You may find nicer hotels in the area, but it offers everything you are looking for at a comparably better price than its surrounding competitors and its current ranking will likely get better when it has completed its renovations. It provides you with the necessities you look for in a hotel - value for your money, excellent location, a good rest, safety for yourself and your belongings, and a couple add-ons everyone appreciates following a long day of touring ie free Wifi etc. Everything else is accessible right outside your doorstep. All in all the hotel was clean, the room we had was excellent, and the staff was attentive and accommodating.

I have no major complaints about this hotel and I would consider staying here again.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple