Mercure Paris Wagram Arc de Triomphe
$309
$248
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Hotel Eiffel Seine(Paris)(Great Value!)
$165
$421
$375
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
All reviewsarc de triomphemetro stationgreat locationmodern roomsweekend breaksmallest roomnice bathroombusiness tripsmall hotelminute walkstay there againhotel breakfaststayed nightsperfect hotelquiet streeteiffel towercroissants
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 11, 2012

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 9, 2012

THe hotel is in a very good place near to "l'Etoile" where you can take the Metro for almost all main destination in Paris.

The rooms are ridiculously small and noisy with the lift really close to our room.

The staff is not bad but it depends by the swithces...someno are really friendly some others...no.

At least they were clean ;)

Room Tip: Try to stay far from the lifts
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 22, 2012

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 12, 2012

Decided to go to Paris to celebrate Bastille Day with a friend and we decided to take a hotel near the Champs-Élysées. Location wise you cannot beat this hotel – it’s right next to the Arc de Triomphe and easily accessible to the Paris Metro (but then what isn’t) and the above mentioned street. Entry funny as you need to almost rub your torso onto the sliding doors for the doors to actually slide open but the welcome by the receptionists is warm and helpful – indeed one of the them (a charming Frenchwoman) kindly gave us detailed inputs on where to watch the Bastille Day fireworks, when to reach and other such helps. The rooms are rather small, even for central Paris – I expected slightly more at €145 w/out breakfast – but adequate as have seen smaller at the same chain in the same city. Normally this wouldn’t be an issue but the attempts at conserving space were funny as the toilet bowl was so positioned that sitting comfortably or even properly was not an option as it was right against the bathtub (see photo). My friend had the breakfast and from what I could see, it was truly very average; I see the negative reviews by others, many related to food – really, why the surprise ? Who ever eats at a hotel like Mercure, specially in a city like Paris. On the positive, the room was clean and the bed was super comfortable and I slept uncharacteristically well and long. Free wireless internet too, though I didn’t use it beyond 5 mins.

Overall, was I disappointed ? No, not really as the warmth of the service did leave a good feeling. But would I return ? Unsure – considering how good Paris Metro is, I would have paid 20% less and stayed at another hotel, maybe even the Mercure, at one of the other arrondissements, as I have done in the past.

Room Tip: Check multiple sites for the price of the rooms - I booked directly and paid quite a bit but now on the website see prices which are 20% less, though maybe the rates I paid were right for Bastille Day !!!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 10, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed in this hotel from 02/07/12- 05/07/12 and we're so disappointed with the service of this hotel.
I am usually open minded about hotels and we really only needed a bed to sleep in, because we we're out for most the day and night. After seeing all the good reviews on TripAdvisor and the central location, we thought it would be a great place to stay.
There were a series of little things that should not have happened if this was a true 4 star hotel and really put a damper on our trip. Next time I will definitely be looking at a different hotel, it seems star ratings are very loose in Europe and this was DEFINITELY not a 4 star hotel.
On arrival, I politely greeted the reception staff in French and said we had a booking under my name, the desk staff we're blunt, disinterested, and just gave us our keys. They we're obviously aware that we were tourists, and offered us no hints, or travel information, or any information about anything for that matter.
We went up to our room, which was small but adequate. One thing that was really frustrating was you could tell the room was cleaned and serviced by the towels and toilet paper etc, and yet there was a long hair on the bed spread, and a few small 'little hairs' (chest hairs or....something else?!) around the bathroom.
On the 1st day we had been sightseeing all day and we were really tired, we decided to order room service.
Room service was ordered at 11:45pm....it arrived 1:00am
-No tray to eat off, the person that dropped it off didnt speak English well and said "The tray is for me" and proceeded to lay out our plastic containers of food on the bed.
-Not enough cutlery (desert ordered and no spoon to eat it with)
-Served in clear plastic containers, looked as though they were purchased from a convenience store
-Mozzarella salad was 4 large cherry tomatoes and a whole mozzarella ball on rocket (not worth 15euro, nor the wait)
- Club sandwich looked like it was bought from a convenience store,although tasted okay (not worth 15 euro, VERY small)
- Desert was good, yet hard to eat without a spoon (tiramisu ordered)
-Packet of small breadrolls in an old looking white paper bag.
-Food taste was not bad, however portions were WAY too small for price
-Complimentary re-packaged salt potato chips given with meal

Saying that we were appalled is an understatement.
The following day the "Do not disturb sign' was placed on the door prior to going out. When we had returned the room had still been cleaned!

The PRO's:
Hotel room is as pictured from website we booked off.
Bed is very large and comfortable. Feather pillows and quilt (probably not good for anyone who has allergies though)
Bathroom not too bad, adequate sink space.
Great location, 2 minute walk to Arc de triomphe and Champs Elysees and the Charles de Gaulle metro/train station.

This hotel is fine, if you wont spend any time in the room and only need a bed to sleep in. Not so great for extended stays or as a couple's getaway.

Will not be returning.