“Delicious, flavorful meal!”
Review of Kashmir House

Kashmir House
Reserve with
Kashmir House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #672 of 18,218 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Chateau d'Eau / Gare du Nord
Reviewed January 27, 2014

We usually try Indian food in all the major cities we visit and we were not at all disappointed by Kashmir House! The staff was extremely kind and seated us right away. I am glad we reserved a table--it was quite busy on a Saturday night and some groups had to be turned away because the restaurant was full, so I definitely recommend calling ahead to reserve a table. We indicated that we like our food SPICY (we do not have typical European palattes) and the food indeed was the perfect spice level! One of the servers even came by to make sure it was spiced enough for us. The curries were really well-seasoned and the meat (we tried both chicken and lamb dishes) were extremely tender, which is not always the case at some restaurants. Kashmir House clearly makes their dishes and sauces fresh. The rice was so fluffy and the garlic naan was amazing! We had samosas before the meal--we are used to them having a thicker breading but they were still great. For Paris, it is an amazing value. We ordered 2 appetizers, 2 entree dishes, rice, 2 garlic naan, water, and a 1/2 bottle of wine for about 60 euro and were VERY full when we left. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone wanting something a little different or if you enjoy Indian food regularly.

4  Thank Stephanie A

Reviewed January 22, 2014

My boyfriend and I had dinner at this pretty Indian restaurant in Paris: we are not used to ethnic food, but Kashmir House gave us the chance to make a very nice discovery. All dishes were excellent: I particularly appreciated my vegetarian main course and so did my boyfriend with his chicken with curry. We literally fell in love with the dessert (semolina cake) and with the digestive seeds the cook offered us when we finished eating. The staff was really nice and kind and the restaurant is cosy and clean. We definitely give Kashmir House our highest recommendation!

2  Thank Pilar P
Reviewed January 18, 2014 via mobile

Myself and my partner found this little gem through trip advisor, we were getting a little tired of the options available in Paris regarding food and fancied some spice! On arrival, Kashmir House looked quite nice from the outside, different to the picture shown on here, and we were greeted by a lovely man who showed us to our table. The place was busy for a Tuesday night.

We ordered onion bhaji and chicken pakora to start, my partner had a curry dish and I had the amazing butter chicken. Everything about this meal was amazing! We also ordered a bottle of red wine, and were astonished at the price (€12!) for such a good quality wine! Definitely visit this restaurant if you are in Paris!

2  Thank LeanneandAndrew
Reviewed January 3, 2014

This little gem was right around the corner from the hotel and boy was it a find! Amazing food, a little different than what I was used to, but that made it that much better. Well worth stopping in.

2  Thank Ktgoldft
Reviewed January 2, 2014

Bonjour Paris!

My spouse and I together with our best friends had two fantastic experiences during our new year stay in Paris! This is one of the best curry experience outside India, ever!

First of all - Kashmir House is a cosy place with a great atmosphere!

We where warm welcomed at first sight! The restaurant where full when we arrived the first time, but the owner and his crew managed in short time to get us a perfect table! What a service! The whole dinner was a journey in fresh flavored curry and biryani!

We started with a mix of pakora, samosa and lamb kebab! Delicious! We had as well some great coctails for a start!

As a main course we had different types of curry dishes: Butter chicken, Lamb Tikka Masala, Chicken Tikka, Naan breads with a taste of heaven, etc etc! Yummy! :)

The whole evening we had excellent service from both kitchen and staff in restaurant.

Best of all - the owner had a fantastic personality and loved to create a great atmosphere with his good Bhangra music! Curry and Bhangra - as good as it can be!

At new years eve we decided to go back to this lovley place to celebrate!

One more time we had our best meals in many years and we are so thankful that we did as we did. What an evening it became - many thanks to the kitchen, the crew and the owner!

Happy 2014 - and we will definitely come back next time we visit Paris!

All the best to this restaurant - it really earns some "curry Michelin stars" ***

T & I from Norway