“Charming very french hotel in great location”

Hotel Residence Henri 4
Ranked #74 of 1,797 Hotels in Paris
Arkansas
“Charming very french hotel in great location”
Reviewed April 4, 2009

My husband and I stayed at the Residence Henri IV for 6 nights. Our room was on the 6th floor, very private and roomy for Paris while providing a very french atmosphere. We found the hotel easy to find, we walked over from the RER stop at St. Michel by Notre Dame. The bathroom was immaculate and there was a tub, shower and nice soaps/bathsalts after walking all around Paris. We had two french windows that made the room very bright and opened onto little balconies (too cold for our visit, but likely wonderful when warm). The breakfast delivered to our room was lovely and on time. The staff was very helpful. They even had a laptop for guests to use, in addition to free internet. We had a lovely romantic stay in this charming very french hotel. We booked a special on spring rates through the hotel website.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
PA
Reviewed April 3, 2009

Don't we all have dreams of a little apartment in Paris on the Left Bank? We'll, this is as close as it gets, and it has all the services and amenities of a hotel with a much higher star rating. Your room will be charming and spacious. Your sheets and towels are changed daily and your bathroom just sparkles! You will have a kitchenette, so you can bring home treats from the local shops. You even have a cinema just around the corner that shows lots of English-language films. Other perks: Wi-Fi reached the 5th floor most of the time, two closets, lovely soap and bath gel, desk for work, table for dining, Place Maubert and Boulevard Saint Germaine is a five minute walk for Metro and buses and taxis, sincere and lovely staff members will endure your attempts at French conversation and help you with any problems that arise. You will just love Residence Henri IV!

1 Thank countrygirl06
Dublin
Reviewed March 26, 2009

The Hotel was quite difficult to find initially as its sort of hidden away on a side street.
My first impression was that it was quite small (not really a reception area - more of a desk to stand at). I was there with my girlfriend for our first time in Paris so i was hoping for somthing more colourful (the website pictures are out of date and its definitely not as shiny and new as it looks). In saying all that though, the rooms were fine and the staff were absolutely brilliant - very friendly and restaurants they recommended were beautful and very reasonable priced. I got the spring deal with reduced room prices - i think it was around €125 for the room per night. I definitely would not pay more than that even taking into account the prices of French Hotels.. In summary, good location close to Notre Dame and Metro station 5mins walk away, brillaint staff but maybe the place needs to be brightened up a bit. I'd recommend if the rooms were €100 - €125 per night

2 Thank DublinKeithB
HotelResidenceHenri4, Front Desk Manager at Hotel Residence Henri 4, responded to this review, March 27, 2009
Dear Guest,

Many thanks you for commenting on our hotel and your stay among us. In sight of what you mention in your comment, we would like to shed ligh on some points. The location of the hotel - Hidden if we quote the word used- is only few meters from the noisy 'rue des Ecoles'. This what makes our establishment a harbour of peace and tranquility in the heart of Paris. Concerning the size of the reception, we do have a small reception save that this goes hand in glove with the shape of the hotel (13 rooms). Last but no least, we are quite astonished about your description of the room. The hotel & rooms have been entirely redecorated in December/January. Being a Hotel de charme, the management set on making the hotel refined and not flashy. Most customers point out that the pictures on our website do not enhance or emphasize the value of the hotel. The update of the website is scheduled in the coming few weeks.

Hoping to accommodate you in the near future.

Kind regards

Hicham KHAZRANE
Front Desk Manager
Deventer, The Netherlands
Reviewed March 25, 2009

The Henry 4th hotel is in a great location. A small, friendly hotel within walking distance to Notre Dame and the Pantheon.
The hotel staff were very friendly, offering tips on where to eat out. The room was large enough, modern and clean. The breakfast was good and reasonably priced and it was brought to our room.
Would definitely book this hotel again.

1 Thank lb-mp
Saint Louis, MO
Reviewed March 25, 2009

I knew this hotel had good reviews on trip advisor and I was not disappointed. This was my first time to Paris so I was expecting the room to be small. However, it really was not different than most American hotels. The bathroom was a good size and the room had a desk area if you needed to do some work on your laptop. The kitchenette was nice and we would have used it more if we were staying longer than our planned 3 days. Very clean, nicely decorated. We were on the top floor, but I liked it as nobody was above us. We used the small lift to go to our room, which I probably would have done even if we were on the 4th or 5th floor. We opened our balcony door at night and the street noise was just enough to lull you to sleep. There was a market nearby for bread/fruit/wine and the metro was very close. My husband and I were very pleased and I would stay here again.

1 Thank ijokergirl
London
Reviewed March 24, 2009

The staff were extremely helpful and friendly. Our room had a balcony, a little kitchenette, and upholstered walls :) The location is amazing so we very rarely had to take transport anywhere, the Pantheon is round the corner and Notre Dame is down the road. When I come back to Paris, I will definitely be staying here.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank chimperoonie
slc
Reviewed March 12, 2009

Loved everything about the Henri 4.

We stayed in room # 1 for 3 nights and since we booked at the last minute, we had to switch rooms for our last night to room # 32. Both were spotlessly clean and bright.

The tiny fridge was very useful for our yogurt, juice and leftover Chinese food. Also the microwave came in handy.

The 3rd bed in room #1 was comfortable, but made for someone my height or shorter. I am 5'3".

The laptop computer in the lobby was very handy for quick email checks.

My thanks again to the wonderful staff, especially Qaisar.

I travel at least 4 times a year to Paris on holiday. The Henri 4 is my new favorite.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with family