“Perfect location for Paris”

Hotel Residence Henri 4
Ranked #145 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed January 20, 2013

We've stayed here a few times now and it has alway been a lovely stay, the hotel is in an excellent location and the rooms are pleasant. The hotel also sent me my left over clothes (at my request) to the UK so I would recommend the good service too! We stayed here after we got engaged and it was wonderful.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Smiley10
There are newer reviews for Hotel Residence Henri 4

Reviewed December 29, 2012

This hotel was a bit tired around the edges but its location close to Notre Dame and the Seine, along with its 'French charm' more than made up for it. Our bathroom had a window that opened fully onto a quaint courtyard, and the bedroom French doors opened onto a small side street with a view. Room service for breakfast was a huge help and a small kitchenette was a nice touch (though we didn't use it). I would definitely recommend it (and have).

Room Tip: Request one with a view.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Sara S
Reviewed November 24, 2012

Probably one of dozens of perfectly fine hotels in Paris. We enjoyed our top-floor room, even a tiny sitting area and kitchenette, which is crazy unusual in Paris. Front desk staff helpful, felt safe and was easy to get to from the Metro, or to walk everywhere! $200USD+/night felt kind of steep but it's Paris.

Room Tip: Room 60 was nice with the best shower, but had a slanted roof - just FYI if you are tall!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank SherylK
Reviewed November 15, 2012

Just returned from an 8 day stay and couldn't have been more pleased. The location was great....just a few minutes away from the metro, markets, restaurants, fabulous baked goods & whatever you could need. The rooms were very comfortable and having the kitchenette was great. There is an elevator which was also helpful. The bathroom was nice and the water was hot which was great for a restful bath at the end of the day. All the people at the desk were extremely helpful. With all the other reviews, I probably don't need to add much more, but certainly wanted to leave a positive review. The only suggestion I might add that I did not see in previous reviews regarding suggestions for places to see in Paris......if you love Art Nouveau, look into the museum visit at Maxim's.

Thank you Henri IV!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank 4tennessee
Reviewed October 30, 2012

From the location to the staff to the room, this is the boutique hotel to choose if one wishes to embrace their journey to the world's loveliest city. The 13-room inn fills quickly. Reserve early. Situated across from a small park on a dead end street, Henri IV offers a peaceful haven steps away from the bustling beauty of the Left Bank. I stayed in the two-room suite ... A king-sized bed, small but perfect kitchenette, sitting room with pull-out bed (for the kids, but very comfortable!), and bathroom (tub/shower, bath salts, hair dryer, and towel warmer).
Rooms are beautifully furnished, plenty of storage. Two-person elevator for those that can't manage the winding staircase. Xavier at the front desk not only took care of my requests but apprised us of city events not advertised in English, such as classical concerts.
Breakfast is excellent for those wanting lazy mornings, but do take the initiative and walk for thirty seconds to Eric Kayser, Artisan Boulanger. Renowned by Parisians and lines out the door in the evenings for baguettes, but not packed in the morning where you have your pick of almond croissants, pain au chocolat, etc.
Henri IV is so close to Notre Dame, Ile de Cite (home of Berthillon and all sorts of beautiful shops), and Luxembourg Gardens (Saturday afternoons, a puppet show for the children).
Such a lovely stay, I almost didn't want to review it and keep it for myself; however, the inn and its staff deserve the praise.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
8  Thank Corot O
Reviewed October 25, 2012

I've already made my reservations for a second stay in this lovely hotel. It is perfectly situated on the Left Bank and close or easily accessible by foot, metro or bus to the important museums, sites and shopping in Paris. The hotel is right in the "action", but because it is just a few steps off the main street on a dead-end street, the hotel's location is very quiet.The Left Bank has a unique charm - lots of Parisian cafes and restaurants and one day, there was an outdoor market overflowing with fresh fruits and veggies, clothes, handbags, even a few birds! There is a neighbourhood grocery store just a block from the hotel where you can pick up a few staples to store in the tiny fridge in your hotel room - and don't forget - the wine!

The decor of the hotel is very ornate. No mistaking this hotel for a sterile North American hotel! We loved our closet sized kitchenette, Just the right size to have a wee breakfast in the morning and some crackers, cheese and wine in the evening after an exhausting, fun-filled day exploring Paris.

I highly recommend this hotel. Rates are reasonable. It was very clean and the front desk staff are pleased to provide guests with recommenations and useful information. In fact, on our last night in Paris, the young man at the front desk suggested a nearby restaurant for dinner. Dinner was delicious and a most reasonable price!

I'm going back to France in 2013 and one of the first things I did was make my reservations at Residence Henri IV.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
7  Thank mlc472011
Reviewed October 18, 2012

Henri IV was a great find, thanks to trip advisor. I looked at so many hotels for Paris and I honestly can say Henri IV had everything my husband and I needed and more.
We had a sitting room with a lovely plush lounge, and a separate bedroom beautifully fitted and there was a bottle of perfume awaiting me when entered the room,, table and chairs to beable to sit and eat our breakfasts and sometimes lunches with the help of the lovely little kitchenette.A balcony that looks over the park to have a evening glass of champagne before we went out to one of the recommended resturants. The staff are fabulous.
I would highly recommend this charming hotel, it is so close to the Notre-Dame as well, and the Siene, we got Batobus tickets (ferrie) and you can just get off at the Eiffel Tower, Louvre...etc..very easy to get anywhere.
Thankyou again to the fabulous staff..
See you again.