“Big mistake.”
Review of Hotel Pont Royal

Hotel Pont Royal
Ranked #164 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed May 15, 2014 via mobile

Usually stay at Cayre nearby. We wanted to upgrade for double birthday celebration. Service has been awful. The TV doesn't work. The promised high speed internet doesn't work. I am sitting in the lobby to write this. We asked to be given a new room despite the inconvenience of moving as we can do nothing tech in the room. Cable dead. Internet dead. No one is doing anything about it and they won't give us another room. Some birthday celebration. NOT!!

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
7  Thank Toriaj254
Elmaleh L, Directeur général at Hotel Pont Royal, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2014

Dear Guest,

We deeply regret that we have not been entirely able to meet your expectations. Our aim is to satisfy every need of our guests and make them feel at home while in Paris.

I am very concerned by your constructive remark regarding to the Wifi in your room and will investigate in order to localize the provenance. We are sorry for the inconvenience and we apologize.

My concern is that your weekend was ruined by this incident. May I ask you to take some time to contact me directly.
We hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back on another occasion

We would sincerely welcome the opportunity to restore your confidence

Very Kind Regards from Paris

laetitia.elmaleh@hotel-pont-royal.com

Reviewed May 15, 2014

it seems that the new management's sole objective has been to massively increase their prices while leaving the aging mattresses and bathrooms untouched. The direct reservation website is a scam, posting prices 30 to 50% higher than what is available on bookings.com (NB: that is a extra EUR 100 per night!!!). Breakfast buffet at EUR 25 gives you the warm feeling of a boot camp drill (much better just cross the street to the nice boulangerie, or have a "grand crème" with the locals at the café around the corner). And the restaurant next door now takes reservations, so no need to endure the hoards of tourist groups which seem to be the target of Pont Royal now.
So overall poor value, especially compared to the nearby alternatives (hotel St Vincent, hotel de l'Abbaye, etc...)

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank DMMH71

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback on Trip Advisor.
We deeply regret that we have not been entirely able to meet your expectations.

We have taken good note of your remark regarding our prices. However, we wish to inform you that these fees are within the range of the rates applied in most 5* Parisians hotels.
We are always refurbishing our property and our equipment (all mattresses have been changed 1 ½ years ago for example).
Moreover, it is important to mention our rates are not higher at all on other websites : the “Best Rate is Guarantee”. We even offer added values on our own website.

Our breakfast at 25 € includes : complimentary eggs, Kayser bakeries and breads, sausages, ham, bacon, chicken, salmon, Cheeses, Pasties, Fresh fruits, and very other upscale products….
Our great location allows our client to enjoy the Parisian bistrots of the neighborhood for a typical ‘café crème'.

To conclude, I want to ensure you our rate policy did not change, and we want to keep the Hotel Pont Royal as “ a unique Parisian home” with a dedicated team for all special needs.

In case you plan to visit Paris again, please contact me directly, I will be more than delighted to welcome you personally. We would sincerely welcome the opportunity to restore your confidence.

Very Kind Regards

Laetitia ELMALEH
Laetitia.Elmaleh@hotel-pont-royal.com

Reviewed May 12, 2014

We were supposed to stay at the Hotel Lutetia in Paris but a few weeks before going, Expedia called to say it was closed for renovation so they offered Hotel Pont Royal for the same price. Everything about this hotel was excellent - the service, the room, the bar, the location. Everyone was extremely polite - from the front desk/concierge (terrific restaurant recommendations) to the friendly bartenders. The large room had beautiful wood trim, even in the bathroom, which also had marble. It even had shelves above the bar for empty luggage. And the little desk that pulled out from the built-in dressers was perfect for me to work (not too much!). We were only a few blocks from the river and Museum D'Orsay on a quiet street. I just wished breakfast was included (it was quite expensive). I would stay again.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank PamS922
Reviewed May 11, 2014

These descriptors come to mind: quiet, luxurious, friendly, relaxing, helpful, excellent location for a Parisian stay, cozy, romantic, felt like living in a Paris flat, not touristy, not pretentious. Ahhh.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed May 7, 2014

The hotel was located within a short walking distance to the River Seine. Just along the River you could pick up one of the open top tour busses which I recommend.
The Hotel was very peaceful at night despite having a road facing room. The room was warm and cosy and had pillows of substance; not some flimsy hollow wadding that you spend all night struggling with.
My only criticism is the layout of the breakfast room. Seating in the centre of the room was logistically not very smart. As the buffet breakfast meant that you always had to disturb the person next to you whilst they were eating, or take your opportunity to synchronize your visits to the food!
The ambience of the hotel is very calm and the hotel staff are extremely helpful, polite and knowledgeable.
Oh yes, French tradition is not to provide tea and coffee facilities in the rooms; so if you like tea or coffee when you wake or go to be, then take travel kettle.
Fantastic place and is located perfectly to local attractions, or transport methods to visit further afield.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,

hank you for your generous support.
We are delighted to learn that you enjoyed being with us and hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you once again

Best Wishes

Reviewed April 29, 2014

I stayed at the Hotel Pont Royal last week. This hotel has many excellent qualities. The room was top notch with an extremely comfortable bed, plenty of closet space and a very well appointed bathroom. It was cleaned everyday without fail. The location could not be better close to bus stops and metros stations.

For the most part the staff was friendly and accommodating. But there are two incidents I need to bring up regarding the front desk staff. My uncle came to see me on Thursday morning. I had been sick the night before and he was very concerned about me. He gave my name to front desk clerk. The clerk told him that there were no guests at the hotel with my first or last name. Obviously this was not the case.When I confronted the front desk representative about this he explained that someone with my last name had checked out that morning. I am baffled as to why he could not have checked for another guest with my last name in the registry.

Another unfortunate incident happened in the lobby. I was waiting for my father who was running late. A member of hotel staff pointedly asked if I intended to buy something at the bar. His tone made it very clear that I should not be lingering in the lobby even though I was a guest at the hotel.

These incidents did not ruin my experience at The Pont Royal. This is a lovely establishment and I would stay there again. I just think some staff members need more training so that guests do not come away from their experience feeling offended.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank Fussytour
Reviewed April 29, 2014

We were at first very disappointed, to be contacted the night before our 1st wedding anniversary trip to Paris, to tell us that we were being moved to another hotel, because a delegation had arrived and demanded another 10 rooms for security reasons. The hotel we were moved into, was not of the same quality and we therefore complained to the Hotel Pont Royal on arrival in Paris. We were seen by the Pont Royal general manager within minutes. She was most contrite and completely understood our concerns and disappointment. Although the Pont Royal was unable to find us any alternative accommodation for the first two nights of our stay, she arranged for us to be moved back into the hotel and upgraded to a Junior Suite for the last two nights, (which included the day of our anniversary) and when we arrived in the room a complimentary bottle of Moet Chandon was cooling on ice for us to enjoy. That is customer service! We are returning later in the year ........

Room Tip: The hotel was of a very high standard throughout and a choice to match your budget will not disappoi...