1,090 results
All reviews left bank joel robuchon great location eiffel tower rue du bac within walking distance st germain right bank junior suite taxi stand small balcony star hotel lovely hotel hotel bar walked everywhere two blocks would definitely stay here again
Selected filters
Reviewed November 9, 2007

I "overnight" in Paris on a regular basis, and have done as a Europe wide business traveller for years. I love Paris, its my favorite city in Europe, by why am I so often dissapointed with the hotels. I accept that on the whole they are of more "compact" proportions than hotel in most cities in Europe and the US, but its not the small size, its the mean and minimal standards that lets them down.

Thank goodness then for the HPR. Truly a joy of a small hotel in a fantastic district - with everything on your doorstep.

You are greeted at a real reception desk, with professional and courteous reception staff. I was a little before check in time, but after a prompt phone call to housekeeping and a few minutes sat waiting in their bar area, I was presented with my room key and escorted to a very nice Deluxe room on the second floor. It was clean, bright, modern and fresh decor, and a comfortable bed -albeit two singles pushed together, but then like the minimal space around the bed - its no more than you come to expect.

The bathroom however more than made up for that. Full size bath, glass shower screen and curtain so the floor doesn't get flooded from the good size and performance shower head. Thers's a large, well lit mirror, an illuminated shaving mirror, good set of toiletries and a quality towels and bathrobe....I'm very happy and can now get on with my day - which I should add is made all the easier by the free of charge Internet access, so thats already a saving of €25 a night you can deduct from the room charge.

It was more expensive than I would normally pay for, and it was 10 minutes extra out of my way, but the location, the internet access included and sheer pleasure of a comfortable nights sleep...I know where I'm staying next time when I'm in Paris. My only reservation wth giving it a 5/5 review...is that becomes popular and I will never be able to get a booking! :-)

Date of stay: November 2007
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
4  Thank Robberbobbles
Reviewed October 9, 2007

A home away from home. This hotel is always my first choice. The rooms are large than other hotels at higher prices.
I have probably been to this hotel 10 times. Also, Ritz, Intercontinental and recently Hotel Montalembert. No one can meet the high standards of Pont Royal.

Hooray! They got hair dryers a woman can appreciate! Robes, slippers and other amenities really make it warm.

The check in process is really prompt. Even when you arrive early which most do, they try to get you into your rooms quickly.

Hotel staff are outstanding for the most part. You may have one that is not willing to go above and beyond. Other than that. Rave reviews.

4  Thank TheNiniD
Reviewed May 31, 2007

I recently stayed at the Pont Royal and enjoyed every minute!

The Pont Royal is perfectly situated in the lovely area of St Germain and is in walking distance of many of the wonderful sights that Paris has to offer. The hotel is nicely decorated and has a relaxing atmosphere which is largely created by the friendly and accommodating staff. The hotel bar is perfect for those seeking a quiet drink and offers a range of decent cocktails.

I would not hesitate to stay here again and would definately recommend to anyone.

Tip - Take a trip to the Jardin de Luxembourg on a sunny Sunday morning - a great way to relax and take in the French way of life.

Date of stay: April 2007
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank PollyAberdeen
Reviewed April 22, 2007

The staff in this hotel are absolutely lovely, very accommodating.
I really liked the atmosphere and the decor of the lobby, and the size of the rooms was pretty reasonable by Paris standards. I would however agree with someone else's comment about the air-conditioning, we couldn't get it to work.
Still, all in all it's a great location , very quiet, and relaxing.

Date of stay: April 2007
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Freya77
Reviewed February 27, 2007

A nice little hotel in a good left bank location within walking distance of the shops of Rue Du Bac and the Latin Quarter. The staff were lovely, but the hotel is missing that certain something. Rooms are ok, fairly decent size but the decor is a bit on the bland side. Bathrooms are nicely decorated. I guess I wasn't left feeling like I had to return - but it wasn't terrible either.

The restaurant is very fiddly and it's a mistake to have this as the only restaurant in the hotel. We avoided eating there because of the over complicated menu and the strange seating layout.

Beware though - the walls are paper thin, I lay in bed listening to a couple having extremely noisy night time activity on frequent occassions during my stay...

Date of stay: February 2007