“Small but cosy”

Grand Hotel Nouvel Opera
Ranked #1,622 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed February 22, 2013

Stayed here for 3nights an I thought it was very good. Room was small but cosy. People said bathroom was small but I thought it was fine. Small but modern with space for toothbrushes near sink standard shower. Only French channels on tv during the morning lol but in the evening there were 2 English channels with popular programmes. Bed was comfortable an room was warm. Good location as was close to metro train line an small cafes for breakfast. Location wasn't far from restaurants on the metro line. Was very good for what I paid. Was really happy with the hotel.

• Stayed: March 2012

Reviewed February 20, 2013

I actually stayed here in March of 2009 so don't pay attention to the date the review has. Tripadvisor wouldn't let me go that far back. Anyway... I stayed here for a week with my cousin and at the time, we were really just looking for a place to sleep. Being two boys, we didn't ally care about how nice the hotel was. If you're looking to stay with your significant other then this is NOT the place to take her (or him). The staff with the exception of one member was not too helpful or friendly at all and seemed to have an attitude at all times of the day.

The room is VERY European meaning it's small with two twin beds counting as a "double" bed. I'm not sure what it was with their laundry service but the sheets on the bed every night didn't have that nice fresh clean feeling. Kinda makes you wonder if they change them at all.... Ew I know. The bathroom is also ridiculously small with no room on the sink for tooth brushes or razors and stuff. Kinda awkward to work with. The shower didn't have a full curtain, instead it had this glass door that only covers half the shower so expect to make a mess in the morning. We didn't have breakfast here so I can't say anything about it.

Like I said if you're just going to be using to sleep and you have ally low standards or just don't care then it's a pretty good deal for what you pay for but let me reassure you that you get. What. You. Pay. For. I personally would not stay here again although at the time I have to say it was "aight"

Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 15, 2013

NOT SO GRAND HOTEL. Our rooms were not clean (I am now going to the doctors because my eczema has now become unbearable since being at the hotel), no reminders of health and safety, dodgy bathroom, exposed sockets in the room, holes in the ceiling. At one point me and my friend heard loud noises coming from outside our room, and we opened the door to find a flood gushing from the hole in the ceiling. Someone on the upper floor had been running a bath and the hole was getting bigger and bigger. The water eventually came into our room too!! I have eczema as well and the sheets in the bed have made it ten times worse. The hotel is so expensive and I would NOT recommend this hotel to anyone. It should be closed down!!!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 11, 2013

I've stayed here 3 times. What keeps me coming back? It's well priced, clean, has free Wi-Fi, is in a great little non-touristy neighbourhood, is close to public transport, and has friendly staff.

Sure the rooms are tiny but it's Paris. Well worth adding to your list of potential places to stay.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed January 26, 2013

Unfortunately, this nice hotel turned out to have a bedbug problem. At first, we were very pleased with our stay, especially with the cordial atmosphere, and wrote a favorable review for Trip Advisor.
Only later did we find out that our room was infested with bedbugs. After the trip, we detected a number of bites on our arms, neck, and legs. Our dermatologist confirmed that these bites were caused by bedbugs. This is also confirmed by the fact that on the second day of our stay at the Nouvel Opera we discovered a typical tiny bloodstain on our sheets. Since we had never before encountered bedbugs, we did not identify it as a sign of infestation. After the confirmation by our doctor, we informed the hotel via e-mail and letter about the infestation. They never responded. So do not stay there or go through the routine of checking your room before moving in.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank BeticaK
Reviewed January 20, 2013

We stayed here in dec end christmas vacation -2 rooms-- 104 and 105 on first floor. We came with heavy luggage and were given rooms on floor 3. ..The lift was not working and we requested for first floor which we got. We also had a 3rd room on floor 2. The staircase was very cramped and dark like one of those hardy boys description of a spooky attic..! The Breakfast was on charge basis at 9euros per head and was a total waste.. Only croissants and cornflakes and milk.. The rooms itself are very small and the toilet is also very cramped..
Only good thing is its location--close to metro station and with direct connectivity to Garde de Lyon Rly stn of Paris..

Thanks.. Pushkar Sinha; PUNE (INDIA)

Room Tip: room no 104 is better as it is front road facing..
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Pushkar S
Reviewed January 9, 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights in January 2013 and will never come again. First they ripped us on the price and charged 80 Euro instead of 60 Euro usual price for the room. Later when I asked for giving me 20 Euro back they were ignorant (Cristine the receptionist) and refused to do it. The manager (Valerie) didn't even want to talk to me on the phone. The room was extrimely small. Bathroom didn't have cutrain and all the water was on the floor. The room was dusty and some parts in the bathroom were falling off. The rooms facing the boulvard are very noise, even with closed window it was not easy to sleep because of cars and bikes running around.

Room Tip: Choose any other hotel in Paris, there are planty of good value options. Never go to Grand Hotel No...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple