This petit boutique hotel in the 6th (fully renovated), just down the street from St Suplice, is ideally placed for walking to many of the sights and other delights in Paris. Even if it weren’t so well-placed, the service makes it worth a stay. The front desk staff is warm, welcoming, and patient with badly-spoken French (even though their English is so much better than my fractured French). They are knowledgeable and helpful with anything questions you might have. The rooms in the back (30s) are similar in shape and layout, but the other rooms seem to be one of a kind. The rooms are well maintained, quiet (unless you have noisy neighbors), and beautifully appointed, making good use of small spaces. The bathrooms, with l’Occitane toiletries, squeeze functionality and elegance into limited space. The continental breakfast in the downstairs dining area is perfect, especially if it’s included in your room rate. There are only 2 less than positive things I have to say about the rooms: 1) Lighting. This is an old building (perhaps 2 old buildings) and there is limited natural light. The room lighting is OK, but some recessed lighting in the ceiling would be nice, especially if you need to do work. 2) Room size. Part of Hotel Odeon de St Germain’s charm is its petit-ness. This extends to the rooms. Be prepared for “Parisian” spaces. I book a double room just for myself. A week’s worth of luggage and purchases just about fit. I would recommend that couples consider booking a junior suite if you find small spaces annoying. Still, even with those caveats, I keep returning here. I’ve stayed here 5 or 6 times and can’t wait to go back again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Intimate and very parisian, this hotel was fully renovated by the famous decorator, Jacques Garcia. This hotel offers an exceptional location just a stone's throw away from the church of Saint Sulpice and its delightful square, in the heart of Odeon and Saint-Germain-des-Prés districts. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Booking.com, World Independent Hotel Promotion, Agoda, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Odeon Saint-Germain reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Odeon Saint Germain
- Odeon Saint Germain Hotel