Hotel Arc Elysees
  • Restaurant
$157
$115
Official Site
Hotel Eiffel Seine(Paris)(Great Value!)
$165
$239
$231
Travelocity
  • Pool
All reviewsgeorge vgreat locationnice hotelfew minutes walkbreakfast includedlight sleeperstar hotelrooms are smallheart of parismetro stationnice bathroomreception staffpleasant staystayed nightshotel is locatedwould definitely stay here againstreet
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 2, 2011

My husband & I stayed here for 2 nights at the end of August 2011. I chose this hotel because I wanted to stay near the Champs-Élysées, although initially I was looking for a 4 star hotel. But I found that most of the 4 star hotels were very expensive, so to keep the price of the holiday down I reluctantly looked for a 3 star, when I came across the Hotel Arc Elysees.

I needn't have worried, the Hotel Arc Elysees is a nice little base in Paris. The hotel appears to have gone through a recent renovation, resulting in a fresh contemporary look. Our room was fairly small, but this is to be expected in Paris, so it wasn't a problem. Having said that, the walls in our room could have done with a touch-up as there were a few marks along it, though I suspect they would have occurred whilst guests squeezed past to get to the other side of the bed (due to the shape of the room, the bed was positioned at an angle, which left very little room to get to the other size of the bed). The bathroom was compact, but very modern & very clean, with a large shower. The room was equipped with a 28" TV with plenty of channels (mostly french, but there are a couple of news channels in english - i.e. BBC World News, etc), there's a small fridge with a mini-bar & there's air-con, which comes in handy on a hot summer night. One thing I did notice was that there was no safe, which the room could possibly benefit from.

Our room was on the 1st floor, at the back of the building, facing a tiny garden area. There's a lift which would probably fit 3 people + their luggage, at a push (I've seen much smaller hotel lifts in Paris, so this wasn't bad).

Both check-in & check-out were very efficient, although slightly impersonal. Not that this was a problem. When you ask for help, they help. The staff seem nice enough, just could possibly be a little friendlier with their guests. Again, this isn't a big deal, as the hotel is just a base & you spend very little time there anyway.

Location-wise it's great! The hotel sits at the end of a quiet road just off the Champs-Élysées, which is just a few mins walk away, and personally, I quiet like being in the middle of a tourist hub! Night time safety was a big concern of mine, but we felt perfectly safe walking back to the hotel. The only negative I found with the location, was the over-priced restaurants. I can just about accept the fact that the price of food will be more than the average, due to the location, but the price of drinks (even non-alcoholic) is shocking! We found one restaurant (the George V) charging €7 for a glass of Coca-Cola! Try looking the the roads that branch off of the Champs-Élysées which are slightly cheaper.

There are very good public transport links to the Champs-Élysées, as well as a couple of stops for the open top sightseeing bus (if you like that kind of thing).

Overall, I would recommend the Hotel Arc Elysees to friends & family looking for a simple yet modern base in Paris.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Advisor07
Reviewed July 22, 2011

The location of the hotel is perfect, it's on a quiet street "rue washington", yet a few minutes walk will take you to the middle of busy crowded champs-elysee! it's also located on the 8th arrodissement, which is among the most chic neighborhoods of paris.
the room is tiny, but impeccable. the furniture is new, modern and very clean and comfortable, and so is the bathroom. they don't serve breakfast nor have a restaurant, but there's a minibar.

it's a perfect place to explore paris. arriving at the champs elysee, you'll be at the Georges V metro station, as well as many bus stations, which are very handy to getting around, and just around the corner is no other than the famous pastry shop "Paul" where you can have delicious sandwiches and luscious pastries for very good prices.

there are many tiny supermarkets in rue washington, but beware as they sell stuff in touristic prices. instead, go to "monoprix" that's located a block or 2 away on champs elysee street, it's a clothes shop, with a huge supermarket with normal prices underground.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with friends
2  Thank DZohni
Reviewed May 2, 2011

Stayed at this hotel for two nights in April. We chose this location to be close to where family where staying, however the location would be good for anyone wanting to visit Paris for a weekend. Its a short walk to the Arc Du Triomphe and Champs Elysee, and close to metro stations.

The hotel is only small and the room we had wasnt very big, however it was clean, tidy, and functional. The bed was comfy, had a flat screen TV, safe and quite a big bathroom with a walk in shower. The room also had a small mini bar with fairly reasonable prices by Paris standards.

A lift is available to get to the upper floors. One problem we did encounter was that the room next to us must have been a smoking room, and on both mornings we were awoken to the stench of smoke coming through the bathroom vent. We had to close the bathroom door to stop this problem, which wasnt ideal.

The staff at the hotel, although pleasant enough, really didnt say a lot, and didnt mention to us anything about breakfast (even though we knew that they offered it). I believe it was 13euros however just down from the hotel on the main road there is a lovely bakery where you could get a good value breakfast.

All in all, its a good hotel to use as a base if you want to just get your head down and have a good nights sleep, however if you want a bit of luxury and a hotel with facilities such as a bar etc... this isnt for you.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Mooeyitfc
ArcAvenuesHotels, Chargé de Communication at Hotel Arc Elysees, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2011

Dear Sir,

We thank you for staying in our hotel. So we hope that for your next trip we will be able to offer you the best room.

We wish you an excellent return.

Best regard

The Direction

Reviewed January 19, 2011

After an eventful Journey from the Airport we Arrived on the Champs Elysees with suitcases in towe and were absolutely gobsmacked.

What a beautiful street - the hotel is located down a quiet side street just off the Champs Elysees. Perfect distance for a 5 minute walk to get some tea of the famous street!

Hotel staff were perfect - so friendly and spoke great english - the lobby and outside of the hotel is beautiful with all flowers and decorations by the door. The lift is big enough for 2 people and 2 suitcases easily.
Rooms were a great size enough room for 2 people and large suitcases - shower was efficient and the bathroom was really modern.

Only slightly negative point was the rooms were Boiling so we had to leave the window open which made it a bit noisier but there were no issues at all with that.

There also wern't very many lights which made it a bit dark at night but the huge windows made up for it during the day!

Such a quaint little hidden gem right off the metro in a perfect place with perfect rooms and staff. Lovely white towels and great pillows and amenities!

Mini bar snacks and drinks were also very well priced and the safe was free of charge!
No english channels on the tv but you don't go to paris to sit in the room do you??

All in all i would recommend this hotel to everyone and will be stopping here if we go back!

Thanks Arc elysees.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sarah658
dirchambellanmorgane, Chargé de communication at Hotel Arc Elysees, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2011

Dear Madam,

We thank you very much for staying in our etablissment, and all compliments you wrote.

I am very sorry for the heater, next time, please, be so kind to ask us, and it will be our pleasure to manage it for you.

Since a few days, we add a lot of TV channels, including English Spoken one.

I hope we will see you again,

Thankfully,

Hotel Arc Elysées

Reviewed October 15, 2010

Have been there one night, choosing on the web. I appreciated it was small and freshly refurbished and location was perfect for my needs.
I called one day before to say I would have check-in late and at arrival after midnight they knew and were waiting for me. it is really small and really new new, I have noticed rooms on 2nd floor and over have more light from street or from a small garden. Rooms are actually very small but it is what I expected, bathorooms in fine design and brand new, toiletries quite ok.
Concierge in the morning again very cooperative and warmly wishing to help me for all my needs.
I liked the place and I would deifnitely go back there for overnight stay in a business trip and whenever in need of location so central (VI and VIII arrondissements).

Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business