“Perfect location,spotless rooms”

Hotel Cecilia Arc De Triomphe
Ranked #245 of 1,809 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed February 7, 2014

I booked two rooms for me and my wife and mother and father as it was my dad's 70th and wife's birthday also.staff very friendly, perfect location and spotless rooms. Continental breakfast in morning was fabulous and plentiful. My view was amazing of the arc De triomph. Will be back as soon as possible.

• Stayed: February 2014
2  Thank Paul W
Write a ReviewReviews (1,151)

Reviewed February 6, 2014

We loved this hotel. The location was great right near the Arc de Triomph. The hotel staff were extremely helpful and the breakfasts were really enjoyable with a special mention of the wonderful service given us by the staff member who served us and who was in charge of the breakfast. Loved the decor in the reception lounge and breakfast area. It was quite beautiful and very Parissienne. Would recommend this hotel to everyone and can't wait to return.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank dee w
Reviewed February 1, 2014

The hotel had an old-fashioned charm that was very inviting and comfortable. Rooms were small, but much larger than I imagined. I was pleasantly surprised. Location was perfect, view of the Arc De Triomphe from our balcony was wonderful! Breakfast provided was not lavish but still delicious. Service was prompt and friendly. Will definitely recommend friends and family to stay there!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 29, 2014

Hotel Cecelia is, as the other reviews say, extremely well-located. Situated in an older building about half a block from the Arc De Triomphe, it is unpretentious but attractive, with a worn but warm, invitingly old-fashioned lobby and generally helpful staff. Also needless to say, it is a very short walk from there to the Champs Elysees and the many small restaurants that Paris offers, some of which are quite good. The rooms are fairly tiny but well-heated, clean and comfortable, with for me the notable exception of very, very hard beds. If one is comfortable with a VERY firm mattress, this is fine, but I found the back pain unpleasant, and when I went to the lobby to see if they had a foam cushion or something, the best they could do was more pillows. This made my experience a little difficult, though I did manage, and my wife slept quite well. The bathroom was the modern Euro style, with those swinging glass panels in the shower that mostly fail to keep the water in the bath tub but look, oh so nice. The blonde young lady on the desk whose name I have unfortunately already forgotten was very helpful, calling us a cab and giving us good directions to various places. I have to say that in spite of my sleep difficulties, the hotel was a pleasant, relaxing place to stay and I would definitely consider returning, but I wish they would either modernize the beds a bit or invest in half a dozen foam cushions for those of us with my type of back problem.

Room Tip: I'd say the best bet if one is concerned about a location, booking early is the key. I don'...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank David H
Reviewed January 20, 2014

I relied on the experience of other travelers and I was not wrong. Small hotel with rooms of sufficient size and details are appreciated as a slipper and the option of breakfast in the room. The location, spectacular, a few steps from Arc De Triomph, and a great base for exploring Paris. Another very helpful advantage it is that the AirFrance buses stop is just around the corner.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed January 14, 2014

We stayed here for four nights in October. The room was small, with a good sized separate bathroom and located on the street side, so fabulous views of the Arc de Triomphe were available from our window. We requested this at time of booking and a small extra charge applied (as you would expect) for these rooms.
The hotel is clean and comfortable. The staff are friendly and helpful and the location is perfect. The Avenue de Champs Elysees is a short walk and plenty of restaurants are located nearby. Breakfast was a continental style, and plenty of choice is offered. The metro station is almost right outside, and a trip to Disneyland from that station takes about 40 minutes with no train changes required.
Highly recommended.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 14, 2014

My daughter and I stayed at the Hotel Cecilia over Christmas based on reviews/recommendations here on TripAdvisor. The location of this hotel can't be beat and the view of the Arc de Triomphe upon arrival is surreal. Another bonus was the Air France bus stop is literally steps away from the hotel so getting to there from Charles De Gaulle was effortless. Additionally, the Metro stop was close and very convenient. The staff was friendly and helpful and the décor was charming and festive. The only negative I would like to mention was that the room we stayed in was outdated (with the exception of the bathroom which had been updated) and although we did expect a small room, this one was extremely small. We ate breakfast at the hotel every day and were completely satisfied with the selection and quality of items available. We even ordered room service one evening and it was also very good. All in all I believe this was a good choice and would recommend anyone traveling to Paris to consider this hotel when making their accommodations.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family