“Perfect location, glad we stayed but almost left”

Hotel Cecilia Arc De Triomphe
Ranked #235 of 1,809 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed January 1, 2014

The staff at the front desk was very nice and accommodating. I have to admit, at first, I was very disappointed. The lobby was decorated with stuffed animals for Christmas, which did not give a good first impression. Underneath the stuffed animals, the beautiful antique decorations were visible. I would have preferred a more sophisticated presentation. Our initial rooms were outdated and wallpapered with old orange paper and a poor quality bedspread. The bathrooms were large and updated in some of our rooms, so that was a plus. Initially, we were checked into a room with a "view" (for which I think we paid a small premium) and that view was beautiful in the rare moment we were in the room, but at the same time the room was extremely noisy. Others in our party had no problem with the street noise in their rooms, but I prefer a quiet room and this room was anything but quiet on a busy night in Paris. In desperate need of sleep, I almost switched hotels, but was glad I did not. Upon request, we were moved to a quiet room overlooking the courtyard and the bonus was that it was completely updated. The room had a king size bed and was completely refurbished. Although clearly not a five star hotel, this room was more than acceptable and from then on, our stay dramatically improved simply because we were able to sleep in comfort. I was told that the hotel is being updated and that will be a dramatic improvement on a first impression. The orange wall paper and old bedspreads need to go. Even if the first room had been quiet, I think I still would have had a problem staying in a room that felt so dingy. Please Please Please update all rooms.

The breakfast as provided was done well. Hot eggs to start the day would be a great improvement. Coffee was served at each table upon request and the pastries were fresh.

The location is perfect for a sightseeing trip. So close to the Metro and practically on top of the Arc. We were able to eat and shop on the Champs until late at night and could easily get back to the Hotel. I would definitely stay here again, and when I received my bill, I was very grateful I had not wasted a lot of money booking a room at a higher cost hotel. We took full advantage of the city and only used our hotel for sleeping and a quick breakfast.

With an updated room, this hotel more than met our needs. Four stars for updated quiet room, one star for old.

Room Tip: If you need quiet in order to sleep, ask for a room overlooking the courtyard. Ask for an updated ro...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank FamilyMidWest
Write a ReviewReviews (1,151)

Reviewed December 26, 2013

Staff were unhelpful and rude. Our room was small and the bed very uncomfortable. The bathroom was however spacious, about the only saving grace. Breakfast area was tacky and small. The location is good, however our room was very noisy at night. Don't stay here!

• Stayed: December 2013
2  Thank Susannah W
ceciliaparis, Directeur général at Hotel Cecilia Arc De Triomphe, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2014

Dear Madam,
I well read your comment .
I am very disappointed because our comments are unanimously very positives regarding our welcome quality and service . This is always our best comment .

About the breakfast room, we have 40 seats on a total of 49 rooms which is very convenient for a little Parisian hotel. I know between 9 am to 10 am, some days it is a little busy but unfortunately it is the rush hour.

About the room, our hotel is classified in 3 stars and all the rooms have the comfort corresponding to this category.

Finally, about the outside noise, all our rooms are double glazed. Intrinsically, a Parisian avenue is always noisy , then it is all about anyone's sensibility.

I would have appreciate you to contact me back in order to precise your disappointment.

I stay at your entire disposal on my mail address : hc.collin@gmail.com

Viviane COLLIN ( Mrs )
Hotel Manager.

Reviewed December 26, 2013

I booked online and was more than pleased with this great boutique style Parisian hotel! Location in the shadow of the Arc De Triomphe must be one of the world's prime city locations. Hotel Cecilia Has a warm, friendly atmoshere with a great breakfast in an appealing "period" dining room. My room was at the rear of the building overlooking a quiet courtyard so I was able to open my full legth window/doors to experience the cool night air of the Parisian late summer/early autumn.
Thank you Hotel Cecilia for a wonderful week in Paris from a perfect location!

Room Tip: Rear rooms are quiter but front rooms have a more beauiful street outlook including the Arc De Triom...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank DQJ2013
Reviewed December 22, 2013

Fantastic experience! Great location! CDG airport bus so close! Also metro Charles de gaulle- Etoile! Champs Elysees a short walking distance away.So tastefully decorated for the Yuletide festivities. B'fast was lovely,coffee and tea, cold meats, cereals, juices, cheese,3 types of bread rolls, also toaster available(and sliced bread), yohurts, dried prunes, apricots and dried dates, fruit salad, croissants and those lovely raisin swirls (hope I havent left anything out). B'fast staff , like all the rest of the staff at this hotel are so nice and attentive.Bedrooms lovely, toilet and bath so clean, bath amenites include make up discs, Q tips, shoe shiner and lovely aloe vera soap and shampoo, replenished daily. Towelling slippers too.I highly recommend this hotel

Room Tip: ours was at the front of the hotel in december, and decorated on the outside.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank duminka
Reviewed December 19, 2013

The hotel is very clear, not so much expensive. Localizated in the center of the city. The room not so wide, but enought to stay goof the staff friendly. from my experience I recommend to everyone this hotel.
Bless

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank bianca g
Reviewed December 17, 2013

I took my grand child to Paris. The room is small,but this is all rooms in Paris.
The location is 100 %. 150 meters from metro station and station to euro disny. 150 meters from chans de lize. Very very good brakfast, ckean room friendly staf.
Very high recomand.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank meir1910
Reviewed November 26, 2013

This hotel was great. The rooms are a nice size for a Paris city hotel. Breakfast was good and the staff was helpful. Beds were comfortable. Hotel was very clean. Location is great -- close to Arc De Triomphe and the Metro.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple