“Our Best Day in France”

French Mystique Bike Tours
Ranked #54 of 148 Outdoor Activities in Paris
More attraction details
Owner description: We are the only bike tour company in Paris offering biking day trips into the countryside near Paris. Get off the beaten path on a biking day trip from Paris to see beautiful chateaux and medieval towns, biking on quiet country roads through the rural French countryside and passing through charming, unknown centuries old villages. You can see major destinations such as Chartres, Provins and Monet's House and Gardens in Giverny among other destinations while also experiencing completely off the beaten path places that no other tourist (and many French people, including my wife) have ever seen. This is a totally unique biking experience. We also offer biking tours in Paris and all our Paris tours are custom tailored to our client's needs. There are no planned itineraries for our Paris tours so they are always unique. See the main tourist sites and attractions or go on an off the beaten path adventure and visit sites no other tourist sees. You can also do a mix of major sites and off the beaten path exploring. Whatever you choose your bike tour with us will be one of your most memorable experiences of your trip to Paris.
San Francisco, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Our Best Day in France”
Reviewed October 20, 2013

My husband and I spent one day with Bruce in September 2013 biking from Moret-sur-Loing to Grez-sur-Loing. It was, by far, the highlight of our trip to France. My husband and I are not "cyclists" (unless you count a spin class here and there), and we absolutely loved it. I searched high and low for a one-day bike trip from Paris, and Bruce is the only person I found who gives these tours. He is a fun guy to spend the day with, and he went out of his way to give us tips for our upcoming drive to Normandy, including helping me buy a Michelin map at the train station. I can't say enough good things about Bruce's bike trip. The countryside is beautiful, and Bruce is a fantastic host who is impeccably organized. You will love your French Mystique Tour.

2 Thank Jessica W

6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Beautiful way to see France”
Reviewed October 19, 2013 via mobile

This made our trip extra special! Bruce was great. He met us in Paris and we took the train to Senlis. He was accommodating and helpful. Showed us breath taking views and a gorgeous gorgeous ride through cobble stone streets and sprawling country side. This is well worth it and our picnic French style lunch was a very nice touch.

1 Thank Kingkrista
Garmisch-Partenkirchen, Germany
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 389 helpful votes
“Fabulous Cycling in the French Countryside”
Reviewed October 18, 2013

This is an exceptional tour with an exceptional guide! I had always wanted to see Chartres and to walk the labyrinth, and I love cycling through the European countryside. So taking the FMT Chartres tour was a no-brainer. As others have said below, Bruce goes beyond all expectations, moving the tour to the best weather day possible so that your day in the country is as perfect as it can be. The routes he has selected are sublime – bordered by rolling countryside and fields, sometimes churches and chateaux – and all with minimal or no traffic to worry about. He provides a sumptuous picnic at a bucolic spot just about halfway through the day, then gives you enough time at your destination so you can follow your imagination and your wishes. Every aspect of the tour, from planning to execution, is handled professionally.

I would like to add a more personal note. I had a specific problem that I could find no resolution for, neither from my Parisian concierge, nor banks, nor merchants. I asked Bruce about it, and he stepped in and worked out a solution that cost him some time and trouble. He truly goes above and beyond for his clients.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank swandav
Mpumalanga
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Great day with Bruce cycling along Marne River”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Our second time with Bruce was as pleasant as the first one- from making the arrangements to finding the best day with the best weather. In the end it worked out perfectly.

Bruce always adjust his pace with yours, and lead confidently and effectively. We really enjoyed our ride, and can confidently recommend this!

Dallas, Texas
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“A wonderful day with Bruce in Giverny and teh surrounding area”
Reviewed September 27, 2013

We had an amazing day with Bruce.
He was an exceptional guide for our day bike trip to Giverny and surrounding area.
He was friendly, thoughtful, extremely well organized and a joy to spend a day with.
We were in Paris for three days and wanted to do something active and different.Our day with Bruce was even better than expected, and we had high expectations!
The next time we are in Paris we will definitely take another tour with Bruce.
Phil and Myra