“nice hotel”

Timhotel Tour Eiffel
Ranked #975 of 1,801 Hotels in Paris

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Sussex
Reviewed July 6, 2012

It’s early July 2012 and I’m just back from my second stay in the Timhotel Tour Eiffel, and sadly I can’t recommend this hotel.

On the plus side the Hotel is in a great location, near the Eiffel Tower, in a relatively safe area and convenient for the metro. The staff are also friendly and the beds are quite good for a cheap hotel, though not large. The criticisms made elsewhere, the tiny lift and the small rooms lacking in sound insulation and storage space are also true, so if you’re a large person travelling with a couple of big bags this was never going to be the hotel for you. Breakfast isn’t bad by French standards, if want the sort of big buffet with the choice of cooked food found in American chain hotels then go and stay in one, and pay their high prices.

For me, the problems were outweighed by the location and the reasonable cost, and after my first visit I recommended this hotel to a number of relatives (my daughter is studying in Paris for the year and living nearby).

My most recent visit however, was a disappointment. As noted elsewhere the builders are in. The whole stair well is taped and covered, wires poke out the walls and the room below mine was having the bath replaced. In fairness the workmen weren’t generally noisy and were charming and apologetic, but if you are on holiday for a few days in Paris you don’t want to be squeezing past painters to get to your room . The hotel was almost empty, and breakfast seemed a rather sad occasion (the tourists on organised weekend packages present on my last visit have gone elsewhere). The first time I stayed I had a room at the back of the hotel which was quiet and not too hot. This time I was at the top of the hotel in a room which smelt dreadful. I’m not quite sure why, it didn’t seem to come from the bathroom, perhaps from the plumbing works on the floor below or from the carpets which were rather stained. It was also very hot, and whilst the fan on the air conditioning worked nothing else did. So overall, not good. Particularly annoying was the fact that there was no indication on the web site that building works were underway. Personally I consider it bordering on the dishonest to charge guests full price under these circumstances and to give no warning about the work underway.

I was due to go there again for 2 nights later this month, to bring my daughter home for summer. I’ve cancelled that visit and booked elsewhere. I still do have a soft spot for this basic French hotel, so perhaps if you’re planning a trip in a few months time it would be worth looking at more recent reviews, but if you’re going soon I’d suggest you look elsewhere.

Room Tip: At the back of the hotel not too high up, then you can walk rather than wait for the one tiny lift.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Paris
Reviewed June 19, 2012

Great location, staff very friendly. Tea & coffee facilities not in rooms as we were told would be. The hotel was in the process of being decorated so all carpets & stairwells were covered in plastic and tape - which made walking to the 3rd floor interesting!!! The bath was very old and worn and very badly stained and the ceiling was covered in mold! On complaining about this and the lack of expected facilities we were given complimentary breakfast for one day. Once all decorations and room upgrades have been completed I would recommend this hotel as the location for exploring Paris was ideal.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

1 Thank Robert W
Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed May 30, 2012

Best location,good service and best price.
It just walkable distance from effle tour and metro station is near too.
In december 2011 was my second time in paris and last time coincidentally was also in same timhotel company in other location.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Explorer881
Sheffield
Reviewed April 26, 2012

Stayed here in November 2011 and overall we found the hotel extremely convenient (5 mins from the Eiffel Tower the top of which was visible fromt he street corner and straight opposite the Dupleix metro station) and the staff friendly. The room was small but that didn't bother us at all, we had no intention of spending long periods in it. The main thing for us was that it was clean. The bathroom was fine, no problems, hot water when required. The lady who checked us in was extremely welcoming and friendly. Breakfast was simple but very good (croissants, rolls, cereals etc). I'd have no hesitation in recomending the hotel.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Ontario
Reviewed April 15, 2012

This was the worst hotel I have ever slept in. My wife and I stayed here for 2 nights. From the night of the 10th of April and the 11 th of April. The staff were friendly as this is the only good thing I have to say about our stay. When we got to our room there was mold on the ceiling in the bathroom and a yellow stain above the entrance. The toilet and the shower backed up both nights we were there. The breakfast was not worth the 10 euros per person. Is hotel is supposed to go to a 3 star hotel. It should go to a 1 star. I'll add photos to show the mold

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Richard L

Travelers are raving about these Paris hotels