This is a simple hotel, close to the Gare du Nord, and thus an excellent starting point for a journey through Paris. The room was surprisingly large (about twice the size of similarly priced rooms elsewhere in Paris). The wifi is free, and reasonably fast. I could not take breakfast as the breakfast room only opened at 7am.
The hotel has no airconditioning. I always prefer to sleep with an open window, and that is possible with this hotel. However, there is one major drawback: the railway tracks are a stone's throw away, and the trains continue through the night. It is an awful noise, and nearly impossible to sleep with an open window. If possible, ask for a room at the back of the hotel.
When I checked in, there was a panick at the reception: the small elevator (typical French) had stopped working with guests inside. It took some effort to locate the service company. I had to carry my bags myself to the third floor, and did not dare to use the elevator afterwards.
The reception staff was friendly and spoke English fluently. The immediate hotel neighbourhood is not that interesting, but it is a 5 min walk from the train station.
The television did not work properly, and it had only French language channels.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located between the Gare du Nord and the Gare de l'Est; this hotel has an internal garden and a bi-lingual staff; near museums. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Hotel At Gare du Nord reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Timhotel Gare Du Nord Hotel Paris
- Timhotel Gare Du Nord Paris