“Good value and location”

Ranked #477 of 1,809 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed August 28, 2012

We liked how easy it was to get to this hotel from the Abbess station. We also liked how it didn't feel like an area filled with tourists, but if you walk up the hill to the Sacre Coure--there are plenty of tourist restaurants and shops. We enjoyed the courtyard and restaurant outside, though I felt comfortable because I had traveling companions with me. Late at night I probably wouldn't have felt safe walking around alone, but that's most places. Our first contact (via email) wasn't great--they told us to get off at the St. Georges stop which is at the bottom of a very large hill. After that the front desk was nothing but helpful. One gentleman was particularly helpful. We never ate at the hotel. Instead we'd go to the one of the many nearby bakeries for breakfast. Really happy we stayed here!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank BarbaraR1212
Write a ReviewReviews (1,108)

Reviewed August 2, 2012

I booked 4 nights at the Tim Hotel at Monmartre in Paris for a romantic weekend with my wife. When we arrived the hotel was covered in scaffolding and blue tarpaulin.
When I asked the receptionist what was happening she told me that there was no scaffolding on the 5th floor. She then gave me the key to room 513. When I inspected the room there was scaffolding outside the window obscuring the view.

I returned to reception and the receptionist refused to believe that there was scaffolding on the 5th floor as her manager had 'told her it didn't go that high'.

I left the hotel and told my wife about the problem, she asked if they had another room so I returned to the hotel. This time the receptionist 'guaranteed' that there was no scaffolding on another room she offered me and she accompanied me to the room. When we entered it it was quite clear that all 3 windows had scaffolding outside.

I then left the Timhotel and found another hotel.

Room Tip: Avoid like the plague
2  Thank doug_horrigan
Sofiane D, Responsable réception at Timhotel Montmartre, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2012

Valued Guest,

We thank you for your email.

First of all, we apologize for that unusual inconvenience due to an exceptional event. Indeed, we are proceeding with the renovation of our hotel in order to improve the service offered to our valued guests.

Please make note that the work takes place outside the hotel along the two fronts, starts at 9 a.m. and ends no later than 5 pm.

Consequently and including your disappointment, I am pleased to propose a free upgrade to a superior room with view for your next stay.
This unique offer is valid for whols 2013.

Please make sure to always corresponds with the following email address : montmartre.manager@timhotel.fr

We remain at your entire disposal for any further information you may need and look forward to welcoming you the next time in our hotel.

With kind regards,

Reviewed August 1, 2012

We paid extra for a superior room with a queen bed, only to be told on check in that there were only twin bed rooms left, and this seemed to be a standard room. They pushed the beds together but left two single duvets overlapping each other. No bath, shower extremely small and leaked all over floor. Hotel under extensive refurb, breakfast room covered with plaster powder and dust, front facade completely covered with scaffolding. Would have expected warning of this on booking, as there was no reduction in rate to take account of this. However, we were at the back of hotel and had a great panaromic view of Paris. Hotel location fantastic, room very clean. Was told by the 'new' female receptionist that they only provided complimentary tea, coffee and milk on the first night of your stay!!!! Word of warning, we had almost full bottle of toiletries go missing from the room!!! When reported to reception they seemed very unconcerned and non plussed. Would stay again, but only for location, and only once refurb was finished.

Room Tip: If booking in the next couple of months, I would speak to the hotel regarding the level of refurbish...
1  Thank tintinmitchell
Reviewed July 27, 2012

This was my third stay at Timhotel Montmartre. I have stayed there both alone, with colleauges and as a couple. The main reason for choosing the hotel is the location, you are really in the heart of Montmartre. Of course there are other tourists in the area, but it has an authentic neighbourhood feeling. The rooms are generally ok, small as the very often are in Paris. This summer the are doing a big renovation of the hotel,and we first got a room on the 1th floor with no wiew because of the renovation. But without any complaining and thanks to the very friendly boy in the reception, we got a better room and with a stunning wiew over the city the next two nights. The breakfast are ok, in a somewhat small area and therefore often a bit crowded. So it is maybe just as good to take the breakfast (outdoor if the weather is good) in one of the many cafees in the neighbourhood.

1  Thank tsh1969
Reviewed July 22, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed here for 4 nights when we visited Paris in July. Overall it was a pleasant stay, however here are some pros and cons:

Pros:
-The hotel is in a great location, just 2 blocks away from the metro and steps away from the Sacre-Coeur. It’s also in a very safe area of Montmartre, I felt completely comfortable walking around at night and loved being so close to some great bakeries, restaurants, and shops.
-It was a very clean room, with fresh towels everyday and a very comfortable bed.
-The staff was exceptionally friendly, and helpful.

Cons:
-The room and shower were very tiny. There was barely enough room to walk around the bed, and I never successfully figured out how to take a shower without getting water all over the floor.
-We had a lot of trouble connecting, and staying connected to the Wifi. There were many times that we had to walk down to the lobby to connect.
-The construction, which having read reviews before booking, we knew would be there. So we were prepared and it really didn’t pose too much of an issue.

Overall however, we enjoyed our stay. And once construction was complete, I would recommend it.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sarah p

Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for your feedback.

Indeed, this is the kind of comments that encourage us to always improve the service to our valued guests.

Do not hesitate to contact us on the following email address : montmartre.manager@timhotel.fr for further information or help you may need.

Looking forward to your next stay in the TIMHOTEL MONTMARTRE

With all our best.

Reviewed July 21, 2012

I loved the location of this hotel! Just near Abesses Metro station, it is at "the Butt" in Monmartre, a place with a lovely atmosphere.
The room was quite small (OK, as I was travelling as a single, but may be a problem otherwise). The bathroom needed some upgrading of its ventilation and plumbing, as the floor became soaked every time I used the shower (mainly due to a shower curtain that sagged and refused to stay closed). The outside of the building is covered in scaffolding and protective screening, obscuring the views.
The breakfast buffet was adequate, but there were not enough seats for everyone, especially when the school groups arrived.
I found the staff to be friendly and helpful, and most spoke excellent English.

Room Tip: 5th floor or above, to avoid scaffolding.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed July 19, 2012

We had a wonderful time in this hotel.Such a wonderful location very romantic.
Big rooms and we could actually see the Eiffel tower if we stood on the bed.Views from the bathroom were amazing.Big wardrobes , pretty balcony.Very good staff and right around the corner from picasso's studio

Room Tip: The higher up you go the better
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Sofiane D, Responsable réception at Timhotel Montmartre, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2013

Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for your feedback.

Looking forward to your next stay in the TIMHOTEL MONTMARTRE