1,527 results
All reviews splendid etoile arc de triomphe air france bus chief concierge eiffel tower head concierge corner room airport bus superior room directly across the street excellent location metro stop would highly recommend this hotel small balcony mini bar heart of paris loved this hotel
Reviewed September 3, 2013

In June my husband and I stayed at the Splendid Etoile in Paris. I was trying hard to make him love Paris as much as I do, and this hotel really worked with me on that task. We took the Air France bus to the city from the airport. I had the address of our hotel grasped in my hand, 1 Avenue Carnot, as we stepped off the bus. The bus is a great experience, too, by the way. I glanced up at the nearest building for the street sign to orient myself on the Place de L'Etoile and we were at the corner of Avenue Carnot and our hotel was only steps away! In this lovely and safe Golden Triangle area the rates of 216 to 486 euros are a real value for a Parisian stay. We were outdoors at every time of the day and evening and our our first night out we saw the Eiffel Tower sparkle at 9 PM with the Arc de Triomphe looming large in the foreground. It's easy to get to the Arc by the underground walkway from the plaza near the hotel without crossing any traffic and there are many dining options nearby.
We booked the hotel through our travel agent and our price was around $300.00 and included breakfast. That was another factor in helping my husband love the city. The buffet was delicious and the service was a highlight. We chose seats in a glassed in room right on the Avenue Carnot near a huge bouquet of peonies. Romantic! I ate the traditional Cafe au lait and croissant, but my husband fortified with good mood food including cheese, sausage, yogurt and fresh fruit, along with his strong coffee. It was easy, good, and not having to start the day with cash out of the pocket or quest for a good spot played into my plan.
The most expensive options guarantee you a view of the Arc de Triomphe from your room, and that is pretty exciting, but you can see the Arc as you launch out each morning so you have options for how you want to invest your vacation budget. Our 5th floor room was very large for a Parisian hotel, had great tea and coffee amenities, a desk, two chairs and a sofa and a table, ample closet space, a separate shower and WC room, robes and congenial front desk employees and a comfortable lobby/bar.
Mission accomplished!

Date of stay: June 2013
Reviewed September 3, 2013

The perfect hotel for a short break to Paris. The location is ideal as the Air France bus from the airport drops you off almost outside the hotel and you can leave your luggage at the hotel while you make the most of your final day in this fantastic city before jumping on the bus back to the airport. On arrival at the hotel they had made a slight error and booked us two rooms rather than just one double but they brought us to both rooms and let us choose which one we preferred! We chose room 503 and were not disappointed. The bathroom was large (for a French hotel!) including a double sink and the small balcony (enough room to bring out the two chairs from the room!) looked straight onto the Arc de Triomphe. We had upgraded from a standard room to a superior and it was so worth the extra money. Breakfast that was included with the hotel was sufficient. Not exactly your 'full english' but you can't expect this from Paris - sausage, scrambled egg, bacon was the cooked selection but there was plenty of cereal, breads, fruit, ham and cheeses. I was glad we included the breakfast as we could have a selection of everything rather than going to a cafe and having to order one or two things for an inflated price. I really enjoyed everything about this hotel and for price and location, I would find it extremely difficult to pass on booking this hotel again on any return trips.

1  Thank NicolaM200
FRONTENACParis, Directeur général at Hotel Splendid Etoile, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for this review about your stay at the Hotel Splendid Etoile!

We are very delighted to know that you enjoyed the room, the service and our Buffet Breakfast.
Be assured that we will share your comments with all our employees and we really look forward to welcoming you back very soon!

With my Best Regards,

Mr Thomas

Reviewed September 2, 2013

The hotel location is perfect. The bus stop for Airport coach and Metro line is just outside hotel and the view from our window was amazing. The Arc de Triomphe was about 100 metres away. The breakfast was excellent. The staff were so friendly and helpful. We did not have an evening meal so cannot comment. The champs-elysees is 1 minute walk away with loads of great restaurants.The Hotel gets top marks from me and would recommend it to anyone.

Room tip: Ask for room with a view

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for your review about your stay at the Hotel Splendid Etoile.

It is a pleasure to know that you enjoyed the service, your room and also the location of the hotel!

We would also like to thank you for your recommendation and we look forward to welcoming you back soon to make your future even more memorable that these one!

With my Best Regards,

Mr Thomas

Reviewed August 30, 2013

Very nice small clean room, outstanding breakfast, excellent service and staff are very friendly and try to make your stay at the hotel and in Paris very pleasant. Do not hesitate to ask the staff any question, they have the best information and answers you may need

Room tip: This is perfect place to start your day with an excellent breakfast, go out and enjoy the day, come back to the hotel to have a very relaxing sleep.
Reviewed August 30, 2013

For a four star hotel this was disappointing, the food was fine, the room was ok and the staff where just fine. But for more reasons than one we kept the curtains drawn the whole time we where there, for one the curtains where much nicer than the view, they stopped the guest in the opposite rooms looking in and it cut down the noise of the extractor fans below us. Other than that well the shower leaked all over the floor. Other than that well it was just fine.