“Great hotel in Paris” 5 of 5 bubbles

Splendid Etoile Hotel
Ranked #80 of 1,795 Hotels in Paris
“Great hotel in Paris”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel for 3 nights and have been very happy from the time I booked it in January till we checked out. I emailed 3 times for various requests -- asking for a room with the balcony and view of the Arc de Triomphe, asking the Concierge to make dinner reservations at LeHide and lastly requesting for early check-in. Replies to my emails were quick and all my requests granted. They served us coffee while waiting for our room and briefly

chatted with Farooq, the Chief Concierge. My husband and I were so delighted when we entered our room (207). It was a corner room with a balcony and full view of the Arc. Greatest view ever! With its great location, using the Metro and even taking the bus, became very convenient. The Air France shuttle to and from the airport was also across the street. The P. Hardel boulangerie and patisserie was just down Rue Carnot. Excellent restaurants like LeHide and Le Franc-Tireur are just closeby. Overall experience for our stay in this hotel was excellent. Big thanks to Farooq and hotel staff for making our visit to Paris an unforgettable one. Will definitely return.

3 Thank LVMD
FRONTENACParis, Directeur général at Splendid Etoile Hotel, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to write such a good review about our hotel.
What a joy to read how impressed you were by the room, the view and the service all along your stay. How pleasant for all of us to be considered as a part of the success of your stay in Paris!
Hopefully you will be one of our returning guest and our staff will all be dedicated to your satisfaction to make your stay a dream to remember!!

Please do keep the Hotel Splendid Etoile in your mind and in your heart.

With our best regards,

Mr Thomas

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (172)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013

I hadn't really heard of tripadvisor before my girlfriend kept saying how important it was to read reviews. so, I took her advice and booked on the basis of the reviews I had read.
i am not the type of person who writes reviews on things I have done. ...............staying at this hotel changed that. it is that good!!!

This is what service is about. Gorgeous hotel, amazing view of arc de triomphe. friendly, helpful staff. room was lovely. spacious and clean. The shower was fantastic, great water pressure rather then just a dribble from the shower nozzle. The bed was very comfy. We did not choose breakfast option as wanted to take a wonder and try from local cafe's. If I ever go back to Paris or know someone going I will recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms ending in a 7 look over the arc de triomphe. If you arrive before the 'check in' times...
3 Thank mrdmk
FRONTENACParis, Directeur général at Splendid Etoile Hotel, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your compliments and your wonderful feedback.
My Team and I are certainly motivated by your compliments and this encourages us to achieve even higher standards of service.

There is nothing more rewarding to us than your satisfaction except having the pleasure of welcoming you again…

Kind Regards,

Ipswich, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2013

We booked a two night stay at this hotel. The location was great, we could (almost) see the Arc de Triomphe from our room and thus we were within walking distance of some of the main attractions. There were a good range of restaurants and bars nearby. For more distant attractions there were RER and metro stations immediately outside the door of the hotel.
Staff were polite without being over enthusiastic (perhaps typical of much Parisien hospitality). The room was fairly small but comfortable and adequate and very clean. There was a good range for breakfast

1 Thank Lynda C
Edinburgh, Scotland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

A lovely hotel with a great location. Rooms were nice with good facilities, free wifi which was easy to connect. Beds were extremely comfartable. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was OK. We chose to travel from CDG on the Air France bus which stopped right outside the hotel. We mostly moved around on foot but when we did choose to use the metro there was a top right outside the hotel. The cafe across the road was excellent too - lovely food.

3 Thank AJD0903
Bangkok, Thailand
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2013

Originally booked for another hotel for my stay in Paris and changed to the Splendid Etoile Hotel after reading splendid reviews of the property on tripadvisor. I was travelling from city to city prior to Paris, and made a reservation for the superior room online. I received a reply that my room booking was pending confirmation and required my credit card to secure the booking, but I was on the roads & without internet at that moment thus was not able to send my credit card details across. Understanding that my booking might not be confirmed, I arrived at the hotel to check if my room booking was available.

Upon arrival, we were served by a particularly rude front office staff with no welcome greeting and a poor attitude. He was the poorest service staff we had encountered throughout our trip in Europe. He told me my reservation was not confirmed because I didn't give them my credit card details, and I said "Yes, yes, I understand, thus would like to check if the room is available now?" And he said "Yes Yes WHAT?" with a condescending tone, which made me feel as if I had difficulty understanding English. I asked, if the superior room wasn't available we can upgrade to a privilege room and asked if it's possible for him to show us the available rooms so we can select. He placed two room keys on the front desk, without eye contact and said we could go and see ourselves (which made me doubt the security of the hotel if room keys could be handed out to visitors so easily). He reiterated that I did not confirm my reservation in advance which seemed to be the cause of his displease towards us, but ironically both room types had an available room and we eventually went for the privilege room. I told him I was disappointed that he didn't make us feel welcome, but he did not express initiatives to rectify the poor impression he caused and throughout our stay, he had a poor attitude and was reluctant in greeting.

Unfortunately, one poor service staff left a poor and lasting impression in us. To provide a fair review, the rest of the stay was fine, the Bell/Concierge staff were helpful, especially Mr Banji who tried to make us feel extremely welcomed in view of the unpleasant encounter. I would also like to commend the quality and cleanliness of the room in this hotel, we stayed in a newly refurbished Privilege Room and everything in the room was fantastic. Housekeeping was of very good quality, room amenities were new and user-friendly. Wifi was the best we had compared to all other hotels we stayed, connection was fast & hassle-free.

When we depart, the concierge helped us call a taxi but none of the staff were willing to help us with our luggage, except the kind taxi driver, even though we were struggling with many baggages. Please look into improving your front office service, and I trust with better service, the hotel will indeed be splendid.

Room Tip: Rooms ending with "7" has a good view of Arc De Triomphe, but rooms beside those ending wi...
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank osyj
Chester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2013

I booked this hotel through BA as a special offer months ago - It was for my Fiancé’s 30th birthday and taking him to Paris for 4 days was a surprise.

The hotel looked lovely from the website and was in the perfect location with a metro/RER link right outside which made getting around very easy. Before our arrival they were extremely helpful in arranging transport from the airport to upgrading our room. I had requested a room with a view and boy did we get that. We were on the corner of the hotel (room 307), our room had 3 balconies and we were directly opposite the magnificent Arc d’Triomphe. It was just beautiful to be so close to such an iconic landmark and when it lit up at night, it was even more spectacular.

It was refreshing to stay at a small, boutique, typically French hotel where customer service was how it should be and nothing was too much trouble. If you are looking for a gem of a hotel, this is it. (Although without the special offer on BA and given its prime location, it would have been quite pricey, but, you certainly get what you pay for)

We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: To get the best view possible of the Arc d'Triomphe, make sure you ask for a Superior Room on th...
1 Thank Jennifer W
FRONTENACParis, Directeur général at Splendid Etoile Hotel, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to write a few words about your recent stay in at the Hotel Splendid Etoile in Paris!
Your enthusiasm is very much appreciated and being a part of the success of your birthday celebration is a true enjoyment for all of us too.
We do hope to welcome you back very soon and make your next stay even more memorable than this one.
With our best regards.

Mr THOMAS
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2013

We have recently spent three splendid nights at this hotel. The warm welcome and helpful attitude of the staff were very much appreciated. The bedrooms were lovelly and spotlessly clean. There was an excellent choice of food for breakfast. The location was amazing, so close to the Arc and so convenient for transport links, yet so peaceful. It would have been nice if the air conditioning had been switched on because the bedrooms did get rather warm at times. The best recommendation we can give to future guests is we shall definitely return in the near future. Au Revoir Splendid Etoile.

Room Tip: Our rooms had a side view of the Arc and standing out on the balcony one had a beautiful view of Par...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Anne F
Dear Guest,
We are so grateful for the feedback on your recent stay at the Hotel Splendid Etoile.
We are delighted that you felt well taken care of during your stay.

For your information, for ecological purposes, our air-conditioning is shut off from October 15 to April 15.

Thank you again for sharing your experience with others and we look forward to the opportunity to welcome you again.

Kind Regards,