“A natural first choice.”

Splendid Etoile Hotel
Ranked #77 of 1,803 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed January 9, 2013

I am about to make a reservation again at the Splendid Etoile following an absence of a couple of years. I discovered this place several years ago and it has become my base in Paris, whether on business or at leisure. It has everything and more for a very reasonable price. The location is outstanding - much of central Paris is walkable. There is a major Metro/RER station literally across the road and the coaches from/to CDG and ORY airports arrive and depart only 50 metres away. The architecture and atmosphere of the hotel are pure Parisien. Staff are helpful. Breakfast has a wide choice and is always very fresh. There are plenty of restaurants and cafes within easy walking distance. Rooms are fairly spacious, and the front ones have attractive views of the Arc de Triomphe. The neighbourhood is quiet in the evenings. Rooms have wifi and direct dial phones that work perfectly. The Splendid Etoile ticks all the boxes in my book.

Room Tip: Front rooms have a balcony and pleasant views.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
FRONTENACParis, Directeur général at Splendid Etoile Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2013

Dear Guest,
It was a real pleasure to welcome you at the Hotel Splendid Etoile.
We are extremely happy to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us.
We sincerely hope to welcome you again soon.
Warm regards

Mr THOMAS

Reviewed January 3, 2013 via mobile

I get what I'm paying for; the location in relation to the metro and main attractions BUT this shouldn't be the only focus of the pricing. Our room was very dated, rather small and because we were on the sixth floor we had a slanted wall because of the roof. This for any tall person will become annoying when manourvring around the room believe me. The room was clean and the house keeping service was very effecient checking the rooms a few times a day but extremely cramped for a nearly £400 a night room. It is not somewhere I'd stay again but I did appreciate the excellent staff on the front desk who were always very pleasant and helpful.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank lawrencebham
Reviewed December 30, 2012

I booked this hotel for my daughter and I to spend three nights in Paris - and it was my daughter's choice after much searching the Tripadvisor website for various hotel reviews! It did not disappoint. Our suite overlooked the Arc de Triomphe and the Eiffel Tower. The sitting room was delightful and our bedroom too. Very cosy, not noisy at all and so close to everything too. The buffet breakfast was delicious with fresh fruit, a good choice of cereals, breads and a cooked selection too! The staff were so friendly and helpful. This hotel was such a find - I would recommend it to anyone and would definitely go back again. It made our trip very special.

Room Tip: We had a room on the top floor - no noise at all!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank ladypeneloped
Reviewed December 24, 2012

What a delightful hotel this is. The rooms are beautiful. There are different themes for different rooms. My daughters' room is small but modern and cosy. Mine is classic and my son, who shares a room with us, gets to have his own 'room' with a comfortable double sofa bed. The Metro Station is just outside the hotel. Cafes and restuarants opposite. Champs-Elysees about 5 minutes walk away with underpass, the view of theTriumphe Arc from the hotel window.

The hotel staffs are friendly and helpful. Breakfast is fantastic. Free wifi in room.

What is there not to like about Splendid Etoile?

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank PALMS4EVER
Reviewed December 22, 2012

For my honeymoon to Paris, I wanted to stay in a luxury hotel without paying 500+ euros/night. Splendid Etoile Hotel was the perfect choice and at around 300-400 euros per night. The location is just outside the luxurious 8th arrondissement and just a block away from the arc de triomphe. There is also a metro stop just outside the hotel. The hotel is beautiful, as well as the rooms. Our room had a balcony not only in the bedroom, but also in the bathroom and we had a view of the arc de triomphe (as requested when I booked the room). The walls of the room were covered in beautiful fabric and there was a lovely chandelier above the bed. The bathroom is equally as luxurious as the bedroom. If you are traveling to Paris, and have a little extra room in your budget to stay a few nights here I would absolutely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 4, 2012

Stayed for 3 nights late November in a standard room. We were in room 401 and had a view of another buliding, however my parents in the room above (501) had a view of the Eiffel tower. Excellent location right next to the Arc de Triomphe! Very quiet hotel and area. Lots of cafes/restaurants within walking distance, including a couple of supermarkets. Metro station right opposite the hotel. Room was spacious, very warm, and clean- we were provided with towels, dressing gowns, slippers, all toiletries, and even shoe polish in the room. Free wi-fi throughout the hotel and they even have a printer you can use which we used to print tickets out for the sights. The buffet breakfast was wonderful, even the fussiest eaters would find something! The staff were very friendly, all of them spoke English, and the concierge was extremely helpful each time we saw him. Would definitley stay again! My only negatives: the only English channels on the TV were CNN news and BBC world news; no tea/coffee tray in the rooms; the lift can only hold 3 people.

Room Tip: Higher floors get a better view!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CharleyP1991
Reviewed November 29, 2012

My wife and i stayed here with her 7 year old for our honeymoon. Firstly the location of the hotel is ideal for sightseeing, only 100 yards from the arc de triomphe, 2 minute walk to the champs elysee and only a short taxi ride to any of the other great attractions Paris has to offer. If you use the metro that is only yards from the hotel too. The staff were very friendly and very helpful and spoke very good English (which helped as my French is terrible), the barman at the hotel was brilliant, when we went for a drink he was showing our daughter magic tricks and puzzles, which we all found very entertaining as you don't get that kind of service in England. The reception staff were always very welcoming, especially to our daughter. Our room was on the top floor and was very spacious and very clean, the maids cleaned it every day even twice on one occasion. Breakfast was a buffet style, very nicely laid out and very nice (don't expect a full English). Straight across the road from the hotel is a restaurant, the le vin coeur. The food was top class and very reasonably priced, again all the staff were very helpful and spoke good English. So over all this hotel ticks all the boxes and we will 100% be returning to the splendid etoile hotel. So anyone readying this and having any doubts about this hotel, DON'T! you will love it.

Room Tip: ask for a room with a view of the arc de triomphe, you may have to lean out of the window to see it...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family