Hotel Splendid Etoile
  • Breakfast included
Good 3.5/5
  • Bar/Lounge
1,445 results
All reviewssplendid etoilearc de triompheair france buschief conciergeeiffel towerhead conciergecorner roomairport busdirectly across the streetexcellent locationmetro stopwould highly recommend this hotelsmall balconydefinitely stay here againmini barloved this hotelheart of paris
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 23, 2011

My Husband & i stayed at this "Splendid" hotel for two nights as a stopover before catching a Mediterranean Cruise in Venice and we were absolutely delighted to find how warm and welcoming all the staff were.

We arrived early morning from a very long flight from Australia so we were extremely tired and very worse for wear. Our room was not quite ready but as soon as we checked in we were offered complimentary coffees and snacks in the lobby which was very much appreciated!

Within 15 minutes our beautifully appointed corner room with full view of L'Arc de Triomphe was ready for us. The view was breathtaking! The room was very clean and spacious and most importantly, the bed was extremely comfortable!

The location of this hotel can't be beat - just across from L'Arc and Champs Elysse where we caught the hop-on-hop-off red buses - we used the 2 day tickets the whole time we were in Paris - fantastic!!

All in all, we have no hesitation whatsoever in recommending this wonderful gem of a hotel with their amazing staff to all tripadvisor readers and we will definitely be returning to 'Splendid Etoile' on our next visit to Paris!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 19, 2011

i stayed here in october 2011 it is fab hotel room great did not have veiw but our daughters did in another fab room great veiw hotel staff very nice breakfast anything you would want hot and cold the hotel was spotlist would defintly be back if coming from cdg airport use the air france bus it stops out side the hotel just across the road another great bonus

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank patsylaurie
Reviewed October 18, 2011

I stayed at the Splendid Etoile Hotel on July 2010 for one week. It was a regular room for two people. Before making a reservation for Splendid, I looked into and read reviews of 100+ hotels in Paris - and all of them had tiny rooms, barely larger than the bed (which is tiny as well :)

However, the room I stayed in Splendid Etoile was reasonably large. The sleeping room itself was smaller than average European rooms, but there were lots of other space inside the room where you could put your baggage or other things. The bathroom was also spacious with a full sized bath.

I cannot comment on the food of the hotel, because I have not had any.

The most important and best aspect of this hotel was its location. It is 20-30 meters from Arc de Triomphe, which means it is also that much close to the beginning of the Champs Elysee street. This trip was my first one in 12 years to Paris, and I did not remember the city at all, so while selecting the hotel I was concentrated on selecting one with a good location. After spending 7 nights, I am happy I chose this hotel.

The Metro station is right in front of the hotel. Also, the Air France buses that go to the airport also leave on the street across from the Hotel. You can use these buses to go to the airport even if you are not an Air France passenger. It is reasonable priced (I dont remember the price, however it was maybe 1/5th of a taxi ride).

Overall, Splendid Etoile is an excellent hotel to stay in Paris, if you are looking for a good location and do not want to spend more than 150 Euros per night.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Northstar80
Reviewed October 17, 2011

I stayed here on September 29th for 1 night. Having stayed in Paris on business on numerous occasions this was my first time at the Splendid Etoile and i was not disappointed. The bedroom was larger than average and i had a clear view of Le Arc de Triomphe. The metro Charles de Gaulle Etoile is next to the hotel so you can get anywhere in Paris quickly and cheaply. I didnt have dinner at the hotel but breakfast was very nice. A mostly quiet and safe area.

Room Tip: ask for a view of Le Arc de Triomphe.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed October 10, 2011

We were not disappointed! We chose this hotel because of the location and beautiful balcony photos seen on other people's trip advisor pics. Not all rooms have this great of a view, so you must upgrade and request the Arc de Triumph view. It has more of a boutique hotel feel which we prefer. We had what I assume was the best view, room 507 with the wrap around corner balcony. The room is a touch small, but beautifully decorated and the view definitely outweighs room size. This room is ideal for couples, there is no additional room for cribs, etc. There are 2 sets of doors for each window opening, insuring that outside noise and traffic will not be an issue. The bathroom is modern, beautiful, and clean. The staff were courteous, helpful, and spoke English. It is conveniently located, as others have said, with a taxi stand across the street and the Metro/RER across the street. We did not try the hotel restaurant. Some have commented that they did not like the fact that you left your room key with the front desk when not occupying the room. I did not have a problem with this and actually appreciated that I did not have to keep up with a room key. From a safety standpoint/ anti-theft standpoint, I felt that the staff was trustworthy and reputable, so this did not bother me.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple