Sevres Saint Germain Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$230
$198
$168
Official Site
  • Bar/Lounge
Hotel La Manufacture(Paris)(Great Value!)
$138
$117
  • Bar/Lounge
Hotel Elysees Union(Paris)(Great Value!)
$294
$224
Orbitz.com
$400
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsbon marchedepartment storegreat locationsaint germainrooms are smallstay there againluxembourg gardenswithin walking distancecozy hotelseveral metro stationsleft bankthe hotel staffrestaurants and shopsminute walkhighly recommend this hotelrestaurant recommendationsparis standards
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 21, 2013

It's located near 3 metro stations and thus convenient. The room was tiny as most rooms in Paris of the price I paid are. But it was functional and charmingly decorated. My reservation did not include breakfast, a fact I had forgotten at arrival. So, it was helpful for the staff to remind me, instead of simply tellilng me that the restaurant was located downstairs, that I had to pay 17 euro/day. Otherwise, most of the front people were friendly and helpful, e.g., priting some documents from their computer, free of charge. I'd imagine that the variation in their responses was due to personality difference and not necessarily their attitude towards business. Basically, my stay was comfortable.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
ParisTag, Directeur général at Sevres Saint Germain Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2013

Thank you for your comment, we indicate to each guest if the breakfast is included or not. In fact, the express breakfast is always included for the reservation made by the website of the hotel ! For the pages printed, we never charged the bording pass of the guest. ! Best regards, cécile-Marie Isse manager

Reviewed June 3, 2013

I would definitely stay here again. We got a great value and felt that we were in the ideal location. A short walk away from many restaurants and cafes made the evenings convenient and mornings, too. Breakfast can be purchased from the hotel or gotten at a cafe on your way out. The area was safe and bikes can be rented from the bike share program just outside. The minibar and fridge in the room were a nice convenience. Bakeries aren't open on Sunday mornings in France--or at least we didn't see any, so plan accordingly as a visitor.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
ParisTag, Directeur général at Sevres Saint Germain Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2013

Thank you for your comment ! You're right the closest bakery are closed on Sunday !! There is only one opened near the metro Saint Placide. But maybe next time you could try our beakfast at 5euros or at 15 euros served in your room or in the breakfast room ... Best regards, Cécile-Marie Isse

Reviewed May 29, 2013

Hotel staff were very welcoming and helpful both on arrival at the hotel and throughout our stay. The room was very clean and comfortable although small as is typical for Paris hotels. However we had no real view to speak of - into a small courtyard. The location was ideal for us and the surrounding area was well served with shops, bars and restaurants.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

We are really pleased that you was enjoyed by the area around the hotel and also by the staff. The title of your comment is perfect "A slice of Paris life", that is exactly what we are trying to propose. It will be a pleasure to welcome you again. Best regards, Cécile-Marie Isse. Manager.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

This was our second stay in Paris at this hotel. We find it to be everything that we need. Get over the fact that the rooms are small, this is Paris. It is clean, convenient, and friendly. You can get a bus, or the metro, or walk everywhere you would possibly want to see. We loved the staff, especially the breakfast lady. What a great way to start each day! My husband would go back for the fresh squeezed orange juice alone. Since we were out and about every day, our primary consideration, was a comfortable, quiet place to sleep. We felt safe, secure and at home. We will definitely stay there again. Added plus, the driver that took us back to the airport! Great way to wrap up our trip. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for your comment. We have some bigger room around 18 and 22 square meters. Next time don't hesitate to visit !! We hope to see you for a next stay in Paris, Best ergards, Cécile-Marie Isse. Manager.

Reviewed May 23, 2013

We stayed for a couple of days over a weekend.
From the outside the hotel looks to be pretty much standard for small hotels in Paris - quaint and a little old-fashioned, you hope for friendly staff.
It was all of that, and a little more. I was pleasantly surprised by the rooms - although characteristically small they'd been recently refurbished in contemporary style. We were on the top (5th) floor - tucked under the eaves of the building but high enough to avoid the claustrophobic cubby-hole feel of most attic rooms. We were above street noise, but it's not a busy street anyway.
Although snug, we had room to unpack our bags and fit in a cot - what more can you ask in the middle of Paris?!
Speaking of which ... it's about half way between Montparnasse and St Germain. Although not in the heart of St Germain it's only a short walk away, less than 10 minutes to the sidewalk café beating heart of the district ... and as far again to the Latin Quarter, the Seine, the Louvre, Notre Dame .... and the metro gets you anywhere anytime anyhow!
The staff were terrific. Those we met all spoke excellent English, our baby demands (cot, milk at odd hours) were met efficiently and with good grace, they were without exception helpful and friendly.
The breakfast was bog standard. I think we took the express breakfast but paid for the continental, but they were so good-natured and understanding about a boisterous toddler raising merry hell in a small dining room that I didn't choose to take this on. And I'm not sure anyway, so don't hold this against them. By the way ... one day I'd love to find a character-ful Parisian hotel that doesn't provide breakfast in a basement!
The only direct criticism I can make relates to the TV service - I'm big on television news sometimes, and there were no English channels.
Overall however, a good semi-budget hotel in a nice part of Paris. I'll probably look for another hotel next time I'm there, but only because I like to broaden my travel experience. The Hotel Sévres St Germain is certainly worth a visit, and otherwise I'd be happy to stay there again ... and I'm very happy to recommend it.

Room Tip: The top floor room was fine.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
ParisTag, Directeur général at Sevres Saint Germain Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2013

thank you for your kind comment, we are surprised by your TV problem because we propose CNN and BBC for english channel. All the staff love child so it's always a pleasure to welcome the familly. We hope to se you and your familly a next time. Best regards, Cécile-Marie Isse Manager