“Lovely Hotel”

Ranked #947 of 1,802 Hotels in Paris
London, United Kingdom
“Lovely Hotel”
Reviewed July 2, 2012

Lovely small comfortable hotel to stay at. Rooms are small and compact but are a fantastic base. Lots of transportation link within easy walking distance. Great for a romantic weekend away.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
  • Hebrew first
Hong Kong
Reviewed June 27, 2012

Great location, great breakfast, nice and helpful staff, reasonable room size, excellent value.... but we suffered from bed bugs!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Leungleo
Burton on Trent
Reviewed February 22, 2012

This hotel was a real find. Like many hotels in Paris rooms were on the small side but perfectly adequate. The towels were changed every day and all the linen was beautifully clean. The bathroom seemed to have been recently refurbished and was of a very high standard. In my contact with the hotel prior to our arrival Arnaud, who is one of the receptionists, was of enormous help in recommending a decent restaurant for our first night and organising the shuttle to pick us up from CDG. Nothing was too much trouble for him. The hotel was one of the quietest I have ever stayed in both from the point of view of internal and external noise. It is on a busy street but we could hear nothing of the outside bustle. Wonderfully situated close to a large number of cafes and restaurants. We used La Liberte at the end of the street for breakfast and an occasional dinner and a lot of people watching. The Indiana bar at the other end was a good place to have a couple of beers at the end of the day as it is right by the metro exit and has happy hour from 5 - 7!! It's not mentioned in the hotel description but we did have tea and coffee making facilities. Brilliant area and a wonderful, value for money hotel with competent, helpful staff.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed January 7, 2012

We enjoyed our stay here. The room was comfortable, the staff friendly and helpful, and the location was very convenient. We were able to walk to the major tourist sites when we wanted or find a nearby metro if we were tired.

• Stayed January 2012
1 Thank riddlesmom
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 7, 2011

Hi,

I have stayed in this hotel in Sep 2010 with my partner. I booked it beacuse it was close to metro station (3 min walk). As it was my first time in Paris, I was not sure about the locations and hotel prices. This hotel has good location but the rooms are not upto the mark. The rooms were smelly, carpet was having lots of dust marks, bathroom was not having lock.
Well, it is not worth for what they charge for. I would say Euro 20-30 per night is the ideal cost for the hotel like this.
I would not reccomend this hotel to any couple but for single travllers, it is worth it.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SumitGupta04

Travelers are raving about these Paris hotels

Utrecht
Reviewed September 15, 2011

I stayed here for 4 nights. The staff was really nice, the hotelroom was pretty big and it had a great location (near Jardin du Luxembourg). But we paid €520 ( no breakfast included) and our bed had dirty sheets. And also the matrass had big stains! The bathroom door had brown/yellow stains/drops on it. In the 4 nights we've been there we didn't got new sheets.
I found this to be an disappointment considering the money we paid. We've stayed in lots of hotels over the years and we have been in better hotels for less money!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Waterloo, Canada
Reviewed June 28, 2011

I`ve been on a short trip to Paris for a business meeting and a small family reunion. This small hotel is a jam for a trip when you spend most of your time outside.

It has very nice "themed" rooms, each with a different wall drawing. It has nice showers, beds and courteous staff. The rooms are quite small, but I guess this is what you get coming to Paris. My parents were in a better room than me and they had some nice view from the top floor.

The biggest advantage of this hotel is its location, which is simply brilliant. Two steps from a metro and railway stations and very close to the Luxemburg gardens and Montparnasse.

My only two slight concerns regard the staff. First, I was required to pay when I checked in instead of the usual check-out payment - which was weird. This is not a strict hotel policy as my parents weren't required to do the same. Second, I tried to ask the front desk to book a taxi in one of the mornings... It turned out to be a busy morning for them and they simply forgot. I went down and waited for the taxi - after some time I asked them where it was and only them did they tried calling for one... It was a bit frustrating...

I give this hotel a 4/5 due to its great location and overall room comfort. The staff can be a little more caring though...

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business