“Location”

Ranked #749 of 1,801 Hotels in Paris
Lafayette, CA
“Location”
Reviewed October 16, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights mainly because it was near Gare de Lyon train station (less than 10 minute walk). It is also very close to a metro station. Outside the hotel are cafes, bakeries, shops, restaurants and a grocery store. The hotel is very modern - furniture and walls are all white with splashes of color (light fixtures, cool bright yellow and orange tile in bathroom). The bathroom was small but had a nice modern shower. The room with 2 twin beds was extremely small. There is no dresser or shelf space to store clothing. However, there is a hanging shelf which holds extra pillows and blankets. It looked as if a side table next to the bed was removed for some reason. The bed was very comfortable and the room was very quiet. We found the reception staff pleasant. We did not have the breakfast.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
ColorDesign, Directeur général at Color Design Hotel, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Dear Guest,

The Color Design Hotel is really pleased to read that your stay with us was really good; that you enjoy everything, the area, the hotel, the location and your room.

A big thanks for your nice comments, it helps us to improve our services every day.

Do not hesitate next time you are coming to contact me directly, I will do my best to propose you our best offer which is sometimes, according to the period, with the breakfast for free!

Elodie Lemaux

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Bicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Good hotel, was tidy and clean. Had my doubts about booking at first due to the name and the photos didn't look all to great. However hotels in Paris were all sold out and at first I thought this hotel was a bit overpriced but looking around and that seems to be the normal price
The main issue with this hotel was its distance from the main landmarks in the city, although it is in the city it takes about 30minutes to travel by metro to the Louvre area. The one advantage is that it is only a 3 minute walk to the metro station itself. The station was quiet but we felt safe enough to come home at night and were not bothered by anyone.
Would recommend this hotel, has free internet, tidy, but the rest is standard.

Dear Guest,

The Color Design Hotel is pleased to read that your stay with us was good.

We are really sorry to know that you were disappointed by the area and the location.

Hope to welcome you for your next stay in Paris and we will do again our best to satisfy you and forget the location!

Reviewed October 9, 2013 via mobile

This is a homely place with excellent staff and attention to detail.

I stayed for 3 nights as a lone female traveller. I felt so glad that the team welcomed me like family and helped me in every way. They went so far as to translate my pizza order from English to French and I gave it to the staff at the restaurant. It was incredible.

The croissants are hot and fresh, delicious espresso from a good quality nespresso, wonderful street view from room 205. Crisp bed linen. Crisp! Like how often do you go to a 3* hotel and get fresh amazing cotton sheets. White too, no stains no marks no nothing.

Beautiful hotel. I will stay again and have recommended it to everyone. The local area is fabulous. Good food and good service on every corner. Le Chat Bossu is the best.

I can't wait to go back to those nice French people. Parisians have got taste and it shows in the presentation and smooth running of that business.

• Stayed August 2013
Dear Guest,

The Color Design Hotel is really pleased to read that your stay with us was really good; that you enjoy everything, the area, the hotel, and our team. We are making our best to make you feel like home.

A big thanks for your nice comments, it helps us to improve our services every day and I am really please that your were satisfied by our services.

Do not hesitate next time you are coming to contact me directly, I will do my best to propose you our best offer.

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed October 7, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay at this hotel. We were provided a room on an upper floor with good floor space. The bathroom was fine for two persons and it had a good shower. The beds were comfortable and we had a quiet night on this side street which is a plus. Service and reception were very helpful. Good clothing shopping in the area and close enough to walk to from Gare de Lyon. Two metro stations are close by and the wonderful Bastille market is 10-12 minutes away by foot.

Room Tip: Ask for an upper storey room facing the street. Better view of the area. Pretty quiet
Dear Guest,

The Color Design Hotel is really pleased to read that your stay with us was really good; that you enjoy everything, the area, the hotel and your room.

London
Reviewed October 1, 2013

Just stayed at this hotel for a single night business trip. I have to say that I was really impressed. The hotel is funky and modern and my room was very spacious for a city hotel which are usually incredibly pokey at best! The room had a big double bed which was very comfortable and even its own small lounge area with a small couch/recliner in it! There was a big cupboard and a safe. The room was also very quiet. Breakfast was also fantastic - they have a real fresh orange machine that is stacked with real oranges and presses them on the fly which I have never seen before. There was also a good selection of fresh pastries, bread and cheese and I would thoroughly recommend it. Staff were also very friendly. Overall, my only gripe was that the shower is not mounted on a rail, so you have to hold it over your head when you are in the bath which is really annoying. Finally, the price was pretty shocking at around 250 Euros for a night, but I think that Paris is generally incredibly expensive so would not necessarily hold this against them. Overall, it was a really pleasant stay and I would be more than happy to go back.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

The Color Design Hotel is really pleased to read that your stay with us was really good; that you enjoy everything, the hotel, the room and our breakfast.

Thanks you for your lovely comment, it was a real pleasure to read it and it helps us to improve our services and our client's real needs each day.

East Kilbride, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 27, 2013

We stayed at Color Design Hotel from the 22/09/13 - 25/09/13. We fancied a good value hotel and it didn't disappoint. The Reception is lovely, very modern and very white! With 2 computers - 1 being a mac ( i'm sure), a flat screen television, 3 couches (which aren't white as showed in the professional pictures, but that doesn't really matter.) It also has a vending machine in front of the elevator. We got our key and proceeded upstairs to the 4th floor as the elevator is very small and can hold only 4 people (if you all squeeze in with no luggage).

Our room was great, although really small, we loved it. In hindsight i would say it would of been better to have obtained a bigger room so we could have more room for our bags and clothes. We had some shelves at the side and about 6/7 clothes hangers. The Bathroom was nice; great shower, modern toilet and sink. It also has a hairdryer which was a "lifesaver" for the girlfriend. Only fault was the door to the shower, it sounded like it was going to break half the time, and also the door to the toilet wouldn't shut. The Walls seemed to be quite thin, i think we were lucky because only one other couple stayed in our section, so we only heard them when they were leaving their room or coming home.

We had no problems with our room and no trouble in general. We didn't indulge in the breakfast so i can't review on that.

Pros - Stylish Room with Flat Screen TV (some english) ,Comfortable and spacious Bed and amazing shower. Also, it has a supermarket on the same street - Marche 20? (walk left when you step outside the hotel and it is on the right hand side)

Cons - Elevator. Thin Walls.

Tips - download an app with Metro stations, my girlfriend downloaded one from the app store and we had no trouble getting places, and made it much easier than getting out a map and figuring out what stops to get off at.

Time Saver - If you are under 25 you will either get some places half off or Free. My girlfriend got in free to the Louvre (you won't have to queue in the long line outside (i don't think) or the ticket offices downstairs, just walk towards the galleries you want to see and show them your I.D, Saving you time queuing up.Also, Louvre is closed every Tuesday! so watch out for that.

Scam to watch out for - Watch out for people dropping "gold" rings in front of you, they'll hand it to you and try to be friendly and then ask for money. We got told of this and it happened once so we knew to avoid it.

In all, Upgrade to a bigger room and you'll have a wonderful time.

Drinking/Eating in Bastille;

When leaving Color Design Hotel, turn left towards the main road and left again and that road will take you right to Bastille, with lively bars and restaurants. We enjoyed Bar 139 which isn't far from the hotel. Most bars do happy hour from 5pm - 9pm, and others till 11pm depending on where you go. Happy Hour saved us money when we went for a drink, as if we had not went during happy hour you will be paying 9 Euros for a 50cl beer , 11 Euros for a cocktail etc. In Bastille they have many restaurants, Indian, Texmex, grill so you should have no problems in finding something to eat.

1 Thank AndrewApollo
ColorDesign, Directeur général at Color Design Hotel, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Dear Guest,

Looking forward to welcoming you for your next stay in Paris and we will do again our best to satisfy you. Next time you are coming, do not hesitate to contact me directly and I will make sure that the breakfast are offered.

London
Reviewed September 24, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for two nights as of 22nd September. It is in a quiet side street (Rue de Citeaux) next to a hospital that seemed to be partly closed down. There are a couple of bars/bistros in the street which were nice and a number of similar places in the main street at the top of the road. There is a metro close by and the major station of Gare de Lyon is a 10 minute stroll. We came via Eurostar and Gare de Nord is 10 minutes in a taxi or two stops to Gare de Lyon on the metro (or via Bastile to get to the closest metro to the hotel which is Faidherby Chaligby).

Upon arrival the chap at reception was very helpful and the room was contemporary and very clean. The shower was powerful with an overhead 'rain effect' head built into the ceiling and a hand shower too. The room was smallish and had a flat screen TV with a few English speaking channels. Overall everything was pleasant and unlike others I didn't find the room noisy.

Breakfast was expensive at 12 euros but in fairness breakfast at a bistro is a similar price. Mind you the breakfast was a buffet so you could eat your fill and the orange juice was great along with the freshly baked croissants.

The price we paid was far less than the rate advertised at the hotel so the value was ok for Paris. Paris is expensive for hotels generally so overall we were satisfied. Had I paid over 250 euros a night I may have expected more, but I didn't and have based my review on that.

A nice stay in the main with no complaints.

2 Thank brj1970
Dear Guest,

The Color Design Hotel is really pleased to read that your stay with us was really good; that you enjoy everything, the area, the hotel, your room and our breakfast.

Do not hesitate next time you are coming to contact me directly, I will do my best to propose you our best offer and to offer you the breakfast.