“Excellent location- You need not look more!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Relais Bosquet Paris

Hotel Relais Bosquet Paris
Ranked #90 of 1,812 Hotels in Paris
seattle
“Excellent location- You need not look more!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2009

I recently stayed at the Hotel Relais Bosquet. You could not find a better location. Five minute walk to the Eiffel tower frounds and right around the corner from Ecole Militaire Subway stop and down the street from the RER station. The pedestrian area (Rue Cler) is 1 minute away and full of great restaurants. Self-service laundry is a block away (opepn 7 a.m. to 10 p.m.). Paris' Velib (public bike rental) has "stations" all around the hotel. Free breakfast when you let them know you found them through Rick Steve's Guide Book. Highly recommend Fat Tire Segway Tours (75 euros/person) but book in advance. (they have a website). Travelled with two teenage boys and had a large triple room (155 euros) with separate bathroom, separate toilet room, separate large closet with safe and the room itself was air-conditioned. Two free computers in lobby for guests to use. Great staff. Hotel arranged for shuttle from airport (51 euros for 3 people with suitcases). Terrific location.

Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
3 Thank travelmutter

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (376)
  • Korean first
Campbell, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2009

My wife and I spent 4 days in Paris from July 21 to July 24. We booked a room after reading a review in a travel guide. At the time of reservation we mentioned the book review and they gave us complimentary breakfast for the duration of our stay (the chocolate croissants are specially good).
The hotel is small but nice, the rooms are surprisingly spacious, nicely decorated and impecably clean. They have free Wireless Internet and a couple of computers downstairs for general use.
The location is just a 10 minute walk away from the Eiffel Tower and the Seine river. One block away from the lobby is the Rue Cler street with beautiful bakeries, a couple of nice cheese shops, grocery stores, fruit vendors and several cafes with a typical Parisian atmosphere. The location allows easy transportation options including the Metro (1 block away) and the bus (just a few steps away).
This is not a luxury hotel and it doesn't pretend to be one, but, for the money, location and for what it offers it is, in my opinion, an excellent deal.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Paco_Mxl
Edison, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2009

If it wasn't for reading Rick Steves book on Paris I wouldn't have known about this place. I went to a trusted travel agent and she never heard of it so I went with my gut and booked it on my own based of what Rick Steves said. I wasn't disappointed and neither was my spouse or friend. Right from the beginning Christian was the most helpful. He is on the staff at the hotel and answered all my questions before the trip started. He arranged for my friend, who was arriving in Paris by plane, how to call for a taxi. She was very anxious being she doesn’t speak French but it all worked out. Thank you Christian.
All the staff at Hotel Relais Bosquet was friendly, courteous and very accommodating. The place in general was decorated beautifully and was very clean. Our breakfasts were tasty and free if you mention Rick Steves book. The location – OMG!!!! Convenient to the Eiffel Tower and all the different shops – cheese, wine, flowers, produce, chocolates, cafes, what more could a person want. Perfection. Don’t listen to all those stupid Americans who say the French are rude. Sorry, I am a Jersey Girl and I find many Americans to be rude, loud, arrogant and ignorant. Every time I walked into a store / bakery, etc. people said, “ bonjour”. Not once in all my life have sales people in any of the stores in the tri-state area said “good day”. I am lucky if I can get sales help.
What I experienced in Paris was so different from NJ / NYC. The streets are so clean. Everyday you see them sweeping / hosing down the sidewalks. We have a lot to learn. Don’t believe all the propaganda that the French are rude. If you smile, be friendly and say “ bonjour”, you will have the best time, trust me.
For the longest time my spouse wouldn’t step foot in Europe, now he can’t wait to visit other countries and this was all due to the fact of the positive experience we had.
Au revoir & Merci.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
5 Thank cat4554
Beeton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2009

From the moment I found this hotel in Rick Steves book I knew it would be fantastic. I checked reviews on Tripadvisor and then emailed the hotel to arrange for 3 rooms for 6 people. Christian emailed me back almost immediately with a special rate that included breakfast and tickets to the Louvre. I sent him several emails with questions and he answered them all patiently and when I got confused he even took the time to call and explain the details to me. (not something you would expect from a hotel in Paris when you are coming from Canada).
He also arranged for a shuttle to and from the airport for us.
The hotel and rooms were just as the website showed it, clean, bright, large and new. The breakfast was one of the best Europe has to offer and the service was incredible. Frederica at the front desk was just wonderful and unfortunately I can't remember the names of all the other people at the front desk but they were all so great at finding our destinations and tranportation as well as recommending places to see or dine at.
We found the Hotel to be a great home base as the Eiffel Tower was only a very short walk away and the subway was only a couple of minute walk as well.
Just outside your doorstep the Rue Cler area is full of great restaurants, cafe's, pastry shops, grocery stores and so much more. After a full day of site seeing you can come back and always find a great place to either relax, eat dinner or just enjoy the atmosphere in one of the many outdoor restaurant/cafe's..
We all would come back again and would recommend this hotel to anyone who is going to visit Paris.
As a last note, everyone spoke perfect English if that is a problem for anyone.
We can't thank everyone at the hotel enough for making our stay so wonderful and filled with great memories!!!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends
6 Thank dragonfly37
Camino CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2009

Great location...very close to Eiffel Tower and Seine river. Located near Rue Cler which has wonderful delis, bakeries, shops. We would definately stay here again.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
3 Thank yukonmom
Grapevine, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2009

My wife and I stayed at the Relais Bosquet back in May '08 (I'm a little late with this review). This was our first time to Paris. I definitely would recommend this hotel to anyone. I went through countless reviews of many hotels before finally deciding to stay here. The main reason for choosing this hotel was the price and the location. You are very close to the Eiffel Tower at this hotel, and our room actually had a view of the Tower out the window! We loved watching at night when the lights were flashing. So amazing!

We did not try the breakfast they offer, as we wanted to get out into the city and experience the different cafes and restaurants. In hindsight, the breakfast seems a little overpriced compared to what we could get elsewhere. There are several cafes just a block from the hotel. Another thing we loved was Rue Cler. Several nights after a long day seeing the city, we would stop on Rue Cler before heading back to our room to get food, like an early light dinner snack. Just right down the street.

I could go on and on about our experience, but I definitely recommend staying here. The Relais Bosquet is great if you want to be close to the Eiffel Tower; if you want the option to have a view of the Eiffel Tower from your room; if you want a nice cozy clean room; and you want to be close to a Metro station.

• Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
3 Thank DMO_child
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2009

We stayed at Hotel Relais Bosquet for 5 nights in June after getting a very good price on the Internet. The superior room was large, comfortable, clean and very quiet. The hotel is located in the Rue Cler area and is a short walk away from the Eiffel tower, a Metro line and many fine restaurants. The convenience of its location really can't be overstated. Paris is for walking and you can get around very well with the Relais Bosquet as your starting point.

The front desk staff were very helpful throughout our stay, including booking the extremely enjoyable Paris Illumination tour for us.

Although we took advantage of the breakfast buffet a couple of times for convenience sake, we found it a bit overpriced. Other than that, we have nothing but good things to say. There was free internet in the lobby which was much appreciated. This was a good choice for us and we recommend it highly.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple