“Welcoming, low-stress hotel”

Hotel Relais Bosquet Paris
Ranked #135 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed January 30, 2013

The staff REALLY cares about the quality of your stay both inside and outside of the hotel. They are all warm and attitude-free. If it can be done, they will do it for you. Our room size is reasonable and has windows that can open so you can air the room out when the heat makes the room stuffy. The mattresses are firm which is the way we like it. The location is excellent, being close to the train station, food market, and several highly-rated restaurants. We will definitely stay here again next time we go to Paris!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Jujusyobe
Write a ReviewReviews (2,026)

Reviewed January 29, 2013

This is just the most amazing hotel!! From the minute you walk into reception you know you are really welcome!! I cannot speak highly enough of the staff. Christian, Bernard and Tizziana all made our stay so enjoyable. Relais Bosquet is very popular, so make your reservation as early as you can. The rooms are spotless and well maintained, we had the bonus of a room with a view of the Eiffel Tower and took great delight each night in watching from our window as the Tour Eiffel was illuminated. Everything is at your fingertips and only minutes to walk anywhere. There's a breakfast room in the hotel, a boulangerie on the corner, restaurants both across and down the end of the street. Rue Cler is two minutes walk and the shops and stalls give it a village feel. There are supermarkets close by and it's only a few minutes walk to the Metro (Ecole Militaire) Hotel Relais Bosquet is an absolute joy and we have now stayed there four times for both long and short stays. I got a rousing "Happy Birthday" from everyone when I went to reception on the morning of my birthday. This is home away from home for me.

Room Tip: Book early/in advance, ask what rooms are available. This is a really popular hotel!!!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
relaisbosquet, Front Desk at Hotel Relais Bosquet Paris, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2013

Bonjour
Tanks for your review
Try to keep cool in Perth :)with the stuffing summer
Oh by the way our manager's first name is Bertrand not Bernard :)
very best regards and I hope we'll see you again soon.
All the best
Christian

Reviewed January 27, 2013

I have been going to RB since 1999. I love the place. My husband suggested to go somewhere better or pricier last October 2011. And I did. What a mistake. It was a 4 star hotel but not nearly as good as Relais Bosquet. I was so upset. I decided never ever go to any other hotel unless it is the Four Season hotel. First of all the staff at Relais Bosquet are amazing. The service has always been the same, excellent. It is in a very good neighborhood. You have access to all the famous interesting places in paris. Very close to metro. I love this hotel location. I am going to Paris this June 2013 and I will resume the tradition , staying at Relais Bosquet.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family

Bonjour
We thank you so much for your fidelity and we are so happy that once again your stay was pleasant and satisfying.
Thank you for your kind review.
Very best regardsfrom the whole team
Christian

Reviewed January 27, 2013

My boyfriend and I arrived on a very snowy evening for three nights to celebrate my 50th birthday. We received a very warm welcome. Our room was great - good size bathroom with lots of little extras , separate WC, big bed, plenty of space, tea and coffee making facilities - everything to make that stay away from home more special. The electric shutters were unnecessary at this time of year but I'm sure very welcome in the summer months. The staff on reception were always very helpful and I would reccommend this hotel to anybody staying in this area. We didn't have the breakfast as there were plenty of places locally where you could get breakfast and experience Parisian life.

Room Tip: We upgraded to a Superior room but I would like to have seen a normal room as a comparison to see if...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 26, 2013

We stayed at the Hotel Relais-Bosquet after reading Rick Steves travel book on Paris. I have traveled to Paris two times before and wanted to stay in a different area. I was looking for an area near Rue Cler because of its local markets and cafes, like Cafe Marche. The rooms (chambers) we had were 044 (4thFloor) & 054 (5th Floor). Both rooms had a nice view of the Eiffel Tower, but room 054 (5th Floor) of course was better as it also had a small Juliette balcony. The rooms look so much bigger on their website. It is small, but clean and truly all you need. The bathroom was a sufficient size. The breakfast was a good choice, even though Rue Cler is only two blocks to the right once you walk out the front door where you get get crepes for breakfast. The breakfast at the hotel consisted of scrambled eggs or boiled egg, pancakes, sausages, meats, all sorts of bread, yogurt, granola, juices, etc. We loved getting our own china pot of coffee, tea, or cocoa.

It was easy to get to the hotel from Charles de Gaulle airport. We took the Roissy Opera bus to Rue Scribe. Turn left as you get off the bus and walk up to the corner. At the corner, turn left and cross the street, the Opera House is on your left side. Walk to the front of the Opera, then you 'll see the Opera Metro across the street. Take the metro to Ecole Militaire towards the direction of Balard (this is Line 8); (4) stops from Opera is Ecole Militaire. Then exit by Lenotre where you should by their famous pastries, expensive, but delicious. From Lenotre walk one block up ( with Lenotre on your right side) on Ave. de la Motte-Picquet toward Ave. Bosquet. Take first right onto Ave. Bosquet. Walk about two or three blocks, then turn right onto Rue du Champ de Mars. The hotel will be on the right. Address to Hotel Relais-Bosquet is 19 Rue du Champ de Mars, 75007 Paris, France. Telephone number is (33) 01.47.05.25.45. Website is: www.hotelrelaisbosquet.com

We liked this area because it is easy to get around via the metro. On Line 8 you can easily get to the Louvre or the Arc de Triomphe from the Concorde station. The Opera stop has the famous department stores of Printemps and Galeries Lafayette.

Room Tip: Chamber / Room 054 on the 5th Floor for great view of the Eiffel Tower.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 24, 2013

My wife and I spent four nights there during our first trip to France. We chose the hotel based entirely on TripAdvisor reviews (thanks, folks) and were not disappointed. The staff was patient and made us feel at home; our room was clean and spacious (for Paris) with a comfy bed and a postcard view of Paris' rooftops; and the breakfast buffet was varied and delicious.

We were surprised to find the neighborhood is not too touristy, despite being only a few blocks from the Eiffel Tower. We enjoyed popping out of the Métro at École Militaire at the end of a day playing tourist, and getting a feel for what Paris is like for Parisians. A delightful stay.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank George F
Reviewed January 23, 2013

My granddaughter accompanied me to Paris. It was a first trip for both of us as I had never been abroad before although my granddaughter had traveled in Europe, but not to Paris. It was with some trepedition that we embarked on our vacation--not speaking the languare, hearing that Parisians were judgemental of Americans, etc. It could not have been better. The staff of the Hotel Relais Bosquet were wonderful--they resolved any and all qualms/questions, provided anything we needed or asked for and were wonderfully resilient in giving us the best information possible to our incomplete questions. The breakfast was great and they were always cheerful and accommodating. The location of the hotel was in an area which was devoid of a "touristy" nature even though we were 4 blocks from the Eiffel Tower. The cafes and brasseries were wonderful. We would stay there again. We recommend it to anyone who wants to enjoy an exceptional experience meeting our French neighbors across the pond.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family