“50th birthday in Paris”

Hotel Relais Bosquet Paris
Ranked #134 of 1,802 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed January 27, 2013

My boyfriend and I arrived on a very snowy evening for three nights to celebrate my 50th birthday. We received a very warm welcome. Our room was great - good size bathroom with lots of little extras , separate WC, big bed, plenty of space, tea and coffee making facilities - everything to make that stay away from home more special. The electric shutters were unnecessary at this time of year but I'm sure very welcome in the summer months. The staff on reception were always very helpful and I would reccommend this hotel to anybody staying in this area. We didn't have the breakfast as there were plenty of places locally where you could get breakfast and experience Parisian life.

Room Tip: We upgraded to a Superior room but I would like to have seen a normal room as a comparison to see if...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed January 26, 2013

We stayed at the Hotel Relais-Bosquet after reading Rick Steves travel book on Paris. I have traveled to Paris two times before and wanted to stay in a different area. I was looking for an area near Rue Cler because of its local markets and cafes, like Cafe Marche. The rooms (chambers) we had were 044 (4thFloor) & 054 (5th Floor). Both rooms had a nice view of the Eiffel Tower, but room 054 (5th Floor) of course was better as it also had a small Juliette balcony. The rooms look so much bigger on their website. It is small, but clean and truly all you need. The bathroom was a sufficient size. The breakfast was a good choice, even though Rue Cler is only two blocks to the right once you walk out the front door where you get get crepes for breakfast. The breakfast at the hotel consisted of scrambled eggs or boiled egg, pancakes, sausages, meats, all sorts of bread, yogurt, granola, juices, etc. We loved getting our own china pot of coffee, tea, or cocoa.

It was easy to get to the hotel from Charles de Gaulle airport. We took the Roissy Opera bus to Rue Scribe. Turn left as you get off the bus and walk up to the corner. At the corner, turn left and cross the street, the Opera House is on your left side. Walk to the front of the Opera, then you 'll see the Opera Metro across the street. Take the metro to Ecole Militaire towards the direction of Balard (this is Line 8); (4) stops from Opera is Ecole Militaire. Then exit by Lenotre where you should by their famous pastries, expensive, but delicious. From Lenotre walk one block up ( with Lenotre on your right side) on Ave. de la Motte-Picquet toward Ave. Bosquet. Take first right onto Ave. Bosquet. Walk about two or three blocks, then turn right onto Rue du Champ de Mars. The hotel will be on the right. Address to Hotel Relais-Bosquet is 19 Rue du Champ de Mars, 75007 Paris, France. Telephone number is (33) 01.47.05.25.45. Website is: www.hotelrelaisbosquet.com

We liked this area because it is easy to get around via the metro. On Line 8 you can easily get to the Louvre or the Arc de Triomphe from the Concorde station. The Opera stop has the famous department stores of Printemps and Galeries Lafayette.

Room Tip: Chamber / Room 054 on the 5th Floor for great view of the Eiffel Tower.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 24, 2013

My wife and I spent four nights there during our first trip to France. We chose the hotel based entirely on TripAdvisor reviews (thanks, folks) and were not disappointed. The staff was patient and made us feel at home; our room was clean and spacious (for Paris) with a comfy bed and a postcard view of Paris' rooftops; and the breakfast buffet was varied and delicious.

We were surprised to find the neighborhood is not too touristy, despite being only a few blocks from the Eiffel Tower. We enjoyed popping out of the Métro at École Militaire at the end of a day playing tourist, and getting a feel for what Paris is like for Parisians. A delightful stay.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank George F
Reviewed January 23, 2013

My granddaughter accompanied me to Paris. It was a first trip for both of us as I had never been abroad before although my granddaughter had traveled in Europe, but not to Paris. It was with some trepedition that we embarked on our vacation--not speaking the languare, hearing that Parisians were judgemental of Americans, etc. It could not have been better. The staff of the Hotel Relais Bosquet were wonderful--they resolved any and all qualms/questions, provided anything we needed or asked for and were wonderfully resilient in giving us the best information possible to our incomplete questions. The breakfast was great and they were always cheerful and accommodating. The location of the hotel was in an area which was devoid of a "touristy" nature even though we were 4 blocks from the Eiffel Tower. The cafes and brasseries were wonderful. We would stay there again. We recommend it to anyone who wants to enjoy an exceptional experience meeting our French neighbors across the pond.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank jaydeekay_13
Reviewed January 19, 2013

This is a beautiful hotel with highly upgraded rooms. The amenities in the room are unmatched; the rooms are spacious, clean and very well maintained. The staff is exceptionally courteous, fluent in english, very helpful and also very accommodating. Their breakfast is fresh, warm and sumptuous. The location of the hotel is unmatched- walking distance from the Eiffel Tower, RER, bus stops- everything was very accessible. It was a grocery store store and a wonderful bakery closely- for your everyday needs and some outstanding french food.
I can't imagine stay any other place when we visit Paris the next time.
Outstanding place and made our trip to Paris all the most memorable.

Room Tip: We were on the main level facing the courtyard. You can call ahead if you prefer another location.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Geetika A
Reviewed January 16, 2013

This is a beautifully renovated hotel with nice touches everywhere. It is fantastic for a 3 star accommodation - hard to get better. The room was very clean, and for Paris, it is actually quite roomy. This is all relative of course. The bathroom was clean and well equipped. The staff were all very helpful as well. I really like the fact that they don't rip you off with the mini-bar. Everything there was reasonably priced. For eg, a botlle of Evian was E2.20. We had a bottle each day! It just makes the hotel so much more user-friendly. I find hotels that over price add-on services like going to a place with barbs around you - be careful or you might get stung! None of that with this hotel. It's a warm, comfortable and pleasant place.

The only issue is that their key system means that you only get one key per room. It's not a major issue as long as you're comfortable leaving the key with reception every time you go out.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Travelphyle
Reviewed January 11, 2013

My husband and I stayed from November 12-18, 2012. I can't say enough good things about the hotel and the staff. We stayed in a newly remodeled classic room. It was beautiful and so clean! I have very high standards of cleanliness. We had a lovely view of a courtyard. The staff was so friendly and helpful. Prior to our visit, Christian helped me with transportation to and from the airport and dining. He was so kind to answer my many emails. We wanted to have one special night out and he recommended Le Violon d'Ingres. It was amazing! We ate breakfast at the hotel every morning. We loved the fresh pastries and bread. The location of the hotel was perfect! We walked or took the metro everywhere. From the moment we arrived, until the moment we left, we were so happy. I recommend "liking" their page on facebook. I got a great rate through that and was able to find ideas and tips for our visit. Plus, I loved seeing pictures of the hotel. Our trip to Paris was everything I could have hoped for and our decision to stay at Hotel Relais Bosquet made it even more special! Thank you so much!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple