“grand hotel in super location .”

Millennium Hotel Paris Opera
Ranked #773 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed December 9, 2013

The Millenium Opera Hotel its a classic luxury Hotel situated very close to the Theater distric , and to the Opera and the Grand Magazines and also on walking distance to the Place Vendome and the Louvre museum .
airport buses arrive just a cople blocks away and the are subway stations just outside the hotel door , its next to the Pariba Bank and Le Figaro also Bourse and the fiancial district is very close .
the hotel is nice and luxury kind it has a nice lobby bar and its own Brassery where breakfast is serve every morning
rooms are quite large for Paris standars and bathrooms are old fashion but quite large and luxurios .
the even have a mini executive lodge on the 8th floor where coffe ,wine and soft drinks are availbe all day and small breakfast is abailable every morning .
the hotel is quite a nice but small details have to be taken care .
the service at the breakfast area is terrible and the waiters are quite rude , and could get agresive if you atemp to arrive late or close to the end of the service ..
desk personel are quite nice and help full i remeber very nice Roberta ..
the only disapointment is that they donot keep a door gard to assist guest when they arrive with lugagge and shopping bags and the front door needs to be more alive and lighted

Room Tip: choose the club rooms for 30 euro a night
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Eli L, Guest relations supervisor at Millennium Hotel Paris Opera, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2013

Dear TonyCardenas,

Thank you very much for you recent review on Tripadvisor. We are delighted that our front desk staff, and in particularly Roberta, were able to assist you in making your stay enjoyable. I am sorry, however, that breakfast service was not up to standards, and I assure you that the necessary steps will be taken in order to maintain the quality service which is excpected by all our guests.
I would like to thank you for choosing Millennium Paris Opera and hope to welcome you again very soon.
We wish you and your family very happy holidays.

Eli Lazovsky

Write a ReviewReviews (1,022)

Reviewed December 3, 2013

We stayed here in September and had a very nice stay. The rooms were very nice with an old world ambiance. The staff was outstanding with great ideas for dinner and very helpful with all our needs and requests.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rosynk

Dear Rosynk,

I would like to thank you for submitting your glowing review of our hotel on Tripadvisor. I am delighted that our staff was able to make your stay memorable and on their behalf, thank you!
I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you again very soon and wish you happy holidays.

Reviewed November 28, 2013

I stayed at the hotel for one night in November. When trying to check in the receptionist couldn't find my name in the system and it took him ages to locate my booking (even though my name in the booking was spelled exactly as per my passport which he look at for 10 mins). Then I got an upgrade to a rather big suite however the room was freezing cold despite the "heating" being turned to maximum. When I complained housekeeping put a radiator in my room, this helped nothing as the room was too big for one little radiator. In the morning I got out of bed in an ice cold room, went into the freezing bathroom only to discover there was no warm water. Friends of mine were staying at the hotel too and had exactly the same issue.
I can only mirror what other guests said, the hotel needs a refurbishment, it's shabby and worn out and not 1920ies classic style.
I didn't have dinner in the hotel so I cannot comment on this but breakfast wasn't a great experience either. No one was there to show me to a table. I then had to get my own tea but there were no tea pots, I then wanted a glass of juice and there were no glasses. When I got back to my table there was no tea cup on the table and no spoon either. I had to go find a tea pot, a glass, a tea cup and a spoon myself as there was no staff. Couldn't locate a spoon anywhere and used the fork to stir the sugar in the tea......not very 4 star.
The biggest plus for this hotel is the perfect location.

Room Tip: Ask if they have a room where the heating works and water is warm.
5  Thank SSHLondon
Reviewed November 25, 2013

We stayed here on Saturday night and had an amazing time. Great room, awesome location and great and attentative staff. A must stay hotel in Paris and good value for money if you book ahead...

Melanie on the front desk was outstanding and very kindly upgraded our room

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank GrahamC57
Eli L, Guest relations supervisor at Millennium Hotel Paris Opera, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2013

Dear GrahamC57,

Many thanks for posting such an enthusiastic review of our hotel on Tripadvisor. Our main goal is not only to satisfy our guests' needs, but exceed their expectations whenever possible. I am glad that we were able to provide you with a complimentary upgrade, which undoubtly has made your stay even more enjoyable.
Thank you for choosing Millennium Paris Opera and we hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed November 21, 2013

I live in London but work for a Fremch Bank. I travel to Paris for 4 nights every couple of months. This is one of our corporate approved hotels. I hate it and only book if last minute and everywhere else is full. Today I checked in. I knew what to expect. This hotel has a great location and looks gorgeous on the outside with beautiful architectural features etc. But the rooms are so old and shabby with the type of carpet I don't even want to touch with bare feet. Horrible cheap furniture - it attempts to look antique but everything is poor quality. The food in the restaurant is expensive and poor. Anyhow, I booked in tonight. The first room was so bad (even though they said it was an upgrade), I asked to move. the current room is better but for example therre is a kettle, coffee, no cups/mugs, a minibar list but nothing in there except two glasses for champagne ( last room had a single tub of Pringles in the minibar and no glasses), broken plywood units etc. as a frequent traveller to Paris I would say avoid, avoid, avoid this hotel. Shame - it needs an overhau and total refurb as the building is beautiful.

4  Thank Neev321
Eli L, Guest relations supervisor at Millennium Hotel Paris Opera, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2013

Dear Neev321,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to post a review on Tripadvisor. I am truly sorry to learn that your stay with us has been far from adequate, due to the numerous issues you have brought up. When a guest decides to book our hotel as a last resort, instead of it being based on merit, it is clearly a disappointment for us and I assure you that these issues will be addressed promptly.
Thank you again for staying at Millennium Paris Opera and we truly hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again in a more appropriate fashion.

Reviewed November 20, 2013

You would expect more of an hotel belonging to a chain ang with a reputation. The overall experience was disapointing. The room and corridor were looking old (which is different to "classic") with old furniture. The location of the TV was weird (in an angle). The room was cold and the heating did not work (same comment from other guests). The water in the shower was also cold (same comment again from other guests). The bed was comfy but the overall feeling in the room & bathroom was not clean, definetely not what you could expect. The breakfast was a shame, few items to choose as barely nothing was left (at 8.30 h), croissants were burnt, the tables were not cleaned when guests were leaving, no waiter to offer a coffee... I was really disapointed overall. I would not choose to go again to this property. There are many others in the area with much better service

Reviewed November 20, 2013

The Millennium hotel paris was perfect for my daughter and me . It was friendly and efficient, changing our double room from a double bed to twins quickly and with no fuss. We had everything we needed and even managed to sleep in as it was so quite while being perfectly located for shopping , Metro and restaurants.

Room Tip: Can't help . I stayed on the 4th floor and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank 55Anne

Dear 55Anne,

Thank you for submitting your review on Tripadvisor. I am delighted that your stay with us had been a pleasant one and that we were able to make your visit to Paris an enjoyable experience.
We look forward to welcoming you again at Millennium Paris Opera very soon.