“A fine spot in a great area of Paris”

Millennium Hotel Paris Opera
Ranked #774 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed April 21, 2013

This hotel was recommended by a colleague and it was a very good choice for a business stay. Several of us stayed here; through comparing notes, the rooms seemed to vary considerably in their size and details. Mine was a large room with a good desk and a US electric socket within easy reach but not as elegant as the other rooms sounded. Wireless internet worked well. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Our package included breakfast which consisted of a good buffet selection with an especially nice mix of fresh fruits, pastries and breads. Just beyond the check-in area is the main hall which has an elegant sitting area; free newspapers are available daily in the lobby. The rack rate is pretty exorbitant so be sure to get a special rate. There is no on-site gym but there are plenty of places to jog to in the area. Overall a nice, convenient hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Gustoguy
Write a ReviewReviews (1,023)

Reviewed April 18, 2013

Stayed one night. We had a good stay. The hotel is located in an excellent location, with easy access to sightseeing and close to the Lafayette Gallery. The staff was very helpful. The only downside was having to wait for coffee at breakfast - that should have gone smoother. THe rest of the breakfast was excellent and the room was comfortable.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Eli L, Guest Relations Supervisor at Millennium Hotel Paris Opera, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2013

Dear Mendaril,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to submit your review on Tripadvisor.
Your feedback is important to us, as we strive to improve on those points brought forward by our guests, in order to make their stay at Millennium Opera a truly enjoyable experience.
We also greatly appreciate your positive comments regarding our staff service and we sincerely hope to welcome you again at Millennium Paris Opera.

Reviewed April 14, 2013

Stayed 3 nights in two rooms. Reception staff were welcoming and efficient. Hotel is elderly, public rooms were refined. Beds very comfortable. Thick curtains to keep out light and noise. Good desk for work. Comfortable armchair for reading, but reading lamp did not work in either room - broken switch? Bathrooms were clean but paint peeling from ceiling. Breakfast was near chaos, and getting hot coffee was not easy. Buffet food plentiful but some of dubious quality, Staff seemed not to work as a team. Evening meal in the Brasserie was excellent with top class service. Hotel is within easy walk of Metro, Galleries Lafayette, Printemps, main tourist sites. Near hotel pickpockets in large gangs were active - distraction tricks included requests to sign a petition or dropping money/property on the ground. On Metro smartly dressed thieves pounce just as the doors close.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank S-Milano
Eli L, Guest Relations Supervisor at Millennium Hotel Paris Opera, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2013

Dear SylviaMilan,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to submit a review on Trip Advisor regarding your stay at Millennium Paris Opera.
Your kind words regarding the efficiency and attentiveness of our staff are very much appreciated. It is really a shame, however, that what could have been a truly enjoyable stay has been compromised by the issues you have encountered, notably during breakfast,
and I can assure you that proper measures will be taken in order to prevent such missteps from reoccuring.
We very much hope to welcome you again at Millennium Paris Opera.

Reviewed April 12, 2013

Poor room service; don"t replenish tea and coffee daily; nor used bathroom amenities; Rooms are only serviced very late in the day, late afternoon; can't raise reception by phone - generally, poor service for a hotel of this standing. Breakfast is great, and staff generally friendly. Location is good for general business need (Purpose of this travel)

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Eli L, Guest Relations Supervisor at Millennium Hotel Paris Opera, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2013

Dear RobertoMiddleEast,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to submit your review on Trip Advisor.
I am truly sorry to learn that we were unable to provide you with the service you should have been entitled to, as our guest. I assure you that all the issues you have mentioned will be addressed promptly as to ensure that we meet and even exceed our guests' expectations in the future.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

We chose this hotel as it was close to the airtport, but you have to eat here as there are no other shops or cafes around. Staff were helpful and pleasant. our room on the third floor was a bit shabby, but the bathroom had not been cleaned properly as there were hairs in the bathtub, and the tiles were very mouldy. The basin seemed to have had a blockage, as did the toilet.
The brasserie was nice, but the restaurant food looked Codon Bleu and had fancy names but the chicken was watery and bland and although the cod was nice, the accompanying seafood "fruits" in baby shells were gritty. We asked for water and was brought a little flacon that only half filled one glass. Don't think we will be stayin here again!

Room Tip: Stay in a hotel right in the airport if you need an overnight stay.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 9, 2013

I stayed at this hotel as the last stop of a 15-day honeymoon trip, and I was so glad I stayed here!
The attention regarding me and my wife was incredible, they were always ready to respond to our requests, not to mention the upgrade we got in our bedroom (it was a standard room, upgraded to a club rooom), as well as some welcoming ammenities, such as macarons and bottled water.
I said I was glad to stay here becaus I was then able to rest from the trip, and as the hotel was so well located, we (my wife and me) didn't spend too much time looking for subway stations (there's one right across the street), or too much money with taxis (most of the interesting places in Paris are just a pleasant walk away).
I definitely recommend it!

Room Tip: Get the club room, it's worth it!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Eli L, Guest relations supervisor at Millennium Hotel Paris Opera, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2013

Dear leocatauassu,

I would like to thank you for submitting your review of our hotel on Trip Advisor.
I am delighted to hear that you found your stay with us enjoyable on this special occasion and hopefully we will have the pleasure of welcoming you again when you visit Paris.

Reviewed April 6, 2013

I was concerned about staying at this hotel after reading a number of the reviews. I work for a Fortune 50 company and typically travel 7 weeks per year. My room was fine and the furniture was not worn. The room faced the inside courtyard and was extremely quiet. Room 617 had a very large dressing area with double door closets. I used the Internet wifi with no problems. However, I could not get the TV to work. The bathroom was large and brightly light though the there was a distinct odor coming from the drain. Apparently the sink and tub are on the same line. Also at times, the toilet would not flush properly until there was sufficient water in that room line. I stayed two nights over Palm Sunday weekend. I would definitely stay here again. The location cannot be better and the hotel is one block away from a stop on the number one rated open air double decker tourist bus.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank NJTraveler100
Eli L, Guest relations Supervisor at Millennium Hotel Paris Opera, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2013

Dear NJTraveller100,

Thank you for finding the time to submit your review on Trip Advisor. I am happy to learn that, despite a few maintenance issues you have experienced, you decided to put your trust with our brand for your future visits. Please be assured that we are working tirelessly to rectify the issues you have encountered, so that your next stay at Millennium Opera will be smooth and as pleasant as possible.
We wish you all the best in the hope of welcoming you again very soon.