“Perfect location and good service”

TRYP Paris Opera Hotel
Ranked #655 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed November 28, 2013

Perfectly located by the Opera and with access to metro just steps away. Nice clean rooms. Very quiet during my stay. Comfortable bed and pillows. Great service with a smile. Free Internet and newspapers. Many nice little restaurants nearby. Overall, I'm happy to have found this hotel. Stayed at Tryp hotels before and was mostly satisfied as well.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank E A
There are newer reviews for TRYP Paris Opera Hotel

Reviewed November 19, 2013

I can't praise this hotel enough for a weekend in Paris. It's in a perfect location and I could walk everywhere (10min to Gallerie Lafayette and shops, 25min via lovely Parisian streets to the Louvre, 15min taxi from Gare Du Nord at just 8 euro). There was also a great arcade just across the street with an amazing bakery with all Parisian delights you can imagine. The tube was literally the first thing outside the hotel doors so it was also easy to go places by underground. My single room was fresh and modern, and also very comfortable. I had a room away from the street and slept like a log without any interference. The internet was really fast and I could connect on both of my mobile phones (work and private). The price I paid for 2 nights was excellent and I felt safe and comfortable in the area being a woman travelling on my own. The staff were also friendly and helpful. I would highly recommend the hotel to others and would stay here again on my next visit.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Melia Hotels International
1  Thank Christine K
Reviewed November 18, 2013

Pros:
- Spacious room
- Comfortable bed
- Very clean
- Room gives a nice sense of relax after a bustling day in the city
- Tea making facilities topped up daily
- Staff amazing and ready to help with anything
- Close by to great Eateries (Chez Papa, typical French restaurant only 3 minutes away and can highly recommend it! Ask reception for directions)
- Step out of hotel on to the metro
- 15/20 minute walk to Louvre
- I loved it and would return to this hotel.

Cons
- Only one! And it actually didn't affect us that much... As we stayed on 2nd floor street facing you can hear the traffic until it calms down a bit after 01:00/02:00.
Paris is a busy city and the hotel is on a busy road so you don't get complete silence. However, the difference in sound levels to outside the room and in is enormous. I'm not even sure if thicker glass would stop the city sounds.
It is one to watch if you are a light sleeper. (I suggest finding a hotel off the Main Street)
Interior rooms of the Tryp have no sound problems.

Overall really impressed with the Hotel and my stay there! I'd most probably return here.
Staff are kind and very welcoming (also give great restaurant recommendations!)

• Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank Missminxy1990
Reviewed November 8, 2013

It's almost 20 years that we go to the Hotel Tryp Francois in Paris, for us is the second home, home away from home , the service is always higher, the rooms are spacious and comfortable and the staff are qualified and ready for any request.
We have already booked for next February 2014

Room Tip: Rooms facing the boulevard are the best
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 28, 2013

My experience at this hotel was horrible! My room did not have air conditioning and it was unbearably hot. Opening a window did not help. To add to the experience, the pub next door played loud music until 5:00/5:30 am. The bass boomed all night making sleep impossible. Don't stay at this hotel unless you like the sound of bass while trying to sleep and you like being very, very sweaty! Very disappointing experience.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
8  Thank Kaylee M
Reviewed September 24, 2013

I actually found this hotel quite charming and very, very good value for money in the expensive city that is Paris. The location was quite central and within walking distance of the lovely Marais neighbourhood and other attractions. For those travelling to or from CDG by train, this hotel is a 6 EUR cab ride from Gare du Nord station, from which you can get the RER straight to CDG. There could be better options for those very familiar with Paris, but with my limited knowledge I thought that was rather cost effective and convenient since we had baggage. The hotel is very clean and comfortable, and to me the room actually looked much nicer than it appears in the internet photographs. We stayed in another hotel in Paris on this trip that was more expensive and quite horrible by comparison. I wish we had returned here. Its not a palace, but its a solid choice for a 3 star hotel. I would stay here again, and spend the money saved on the many other things to spend on in Paris.

Room Tip: Other reviewers complained of noise. Ask for an interior room. Mine was noise free.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JaneTravels9009
Reviewed September 19, 2013

Our hotel room had updated décor with a modern bathroom and a very comfortable king size bed. The hotels location was convenient to top sites and easy access to the metro. The English speaking staff was friendly and NAYARA was particularly helpful with directions with the metro and train. We stayed 6 nights and plan to go back to this location in the future.

Room Tip: we liked the room with a king size bed looking out toward the street
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple