Hotel Paris Opera managed by Melia
$565
$517
Agoda.com
1,254 results
All reviewstryp hotelmetro stopboulevard montmartregreat locationgrands boulevardspremium roomfamily rooman updatetaxi standquiet roomhotel entranceper nightopen the windowdecent hotelmini fridgestreet noiselots of restaurants
Reviewed June 26, 2013

We booked very late, places were full, this one was available and not too expensive. There were positives and negatives. First the good news: The location is great - a short walk to the Seine, the Louvre, not far to l'Opera, the Madeleine and the great shops on Blvd Haussmann. There is a Metro station right outside the door. The staff were just great, really nice, helpful and always there when you needed anything. The room was small but not especially small for Paris and it had enough storage space. It was fairly nicely decorated, perhaps a bit tired but not terrible. The bed was comfortable. The bathroom was not too small but the shower was very tight - don't try it if you are a very heavy person! The shower curtain leaked and the shower head wouldn't stay up on its holder. But the bathroom was very stylish and modern. Now for the other side of the picture: Our room was not air-conditioned (maybe others are) and it was hot in the room even when cool outside. I didn't think to ask for a non-smoking room and the whole section of the floor smelled of stale smoke - ugh! Worst of all, it was really noisy on Friday and Saturday nights, all night until 5 a.m., from the night clubs across the street. Sunday was better. The serious sound-proof french doors on the faux balcony cut out much of the noise but the screaming and bass rhythm was too much! Use earplugs! Overall, probably better places on side streets but relatively good value for money, especially if you wait too long to book!

Room Tip: Ask for a non-smoking room; ask if the rooms at the back are quieter or use earplugs!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
guestexperienceparis, Guest Experience France at Hotel Paris Opera managed by Melia, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your comments. We really try our best to guarantee that all of our customers experiences are totally satisfying . Please take in consideration that our hotel is located in the heart of Paris and we can understand that the noise could disturb you.

Best regards,

Reviewed June 24, 2013

A group of 3 couples, all based in London, we go out for dinner together once each month. Once a year, we also go abroad as a group. This time it was to Paris.

I used to work in Paris, and so I know the city well. I wanted a centrally-located, modestly-priced hotel for our four days in Paris.

The TRYP Paris Francois met the bill pretty exactly. The location is fantastic, right downtown, and a few feet from a Metro station. The hotel is modern and clean. However, the 'standard' rooms were tiny, the price proposed at the time of booking turned out NOT to include breakfast and the staff were not particularly helpful.

As a place to sleep - OK. As a good experience - not particularly. Despite the location, we wouldn't go there again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear M Mautner,

Thank you for choosing the Tryp François on your last stay in Paris.

Concerning the size f the rooms , please do not hesitate to book our Premiums rooms for more confort. Do not hesitate to visit our web site, you will find the good prices with breakfast included.

I hope that you will reconsider your decision and give us the pleasure of welcoming you back in the future

Kind regards,

Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

first off, I would like yo point out that we used European Destination to book our trip so I am not aware of the price of the hotel.
that being said, the hotel is very comfy. it isn't far from Gard du Nord station (eurostar) so it only cost us about 20 euros for four passengers. the location is right by the Grands Boulevard metro station so it's easy to get around Paris. If you're planning to take the L'open bus tour, there's a stop about two blocks away from the hotel.

The hotel staff were so nice. They know multiple languages. I've heard them speak Spanish as well. The elevator can only fit two people excluding the luggage. The room was quite interesting. You have to go through three doors just to get to your room. we stayed in the family suite, which was very comfortable. there's a bunk bed and a separate room with a king size bed. they don't give out shampoo and bath gel. they have a dispenser that apparently is a shampoo AND bath gel. thankfully, I brought my own.

the only concern I had was that there was no AC during our stay. I don't know if it's normal in Europe to not have it in May as we've experienced the same thing in Rome.

overall, it was a great experience and I will be staying there when I come back to Paris!

• Stayed: May 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with the feedback of your recent stay with us. I am pleased to know that you had a good experience in our hotel and you will stay with us on your next stay in Paris. Concerning the AC i confirm you is properly working during the summer time.

We do look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed June 1, 2013

First of all, if you are a light sleeper please, please read the reviews for this Hotel.
I believe, that when reading reviews, you need to read between the lines so to speak, and make your own judgements.
Unfortunately in this case I made the wrong decision - I should have chosen an indoor facing room!!!
I prefer to be able to see what is going on around me, so chose the street view, and whilst during the day this was a good option, at night it was so very wrong!!
The hotel is joined on to the next building, which houses the music bar: O'Sullivans, which is open until 6.00am and also has an outside smoking/drinking area, as does the Australian Bar opposite!!
The boulevard outside is a dual carriage way and extremely busy into the early hours of the morning.
I looked out of the window at 5.00am and there was so much activity - well dressed people of all ages coming and going - there are a few theatres in this area as well!
Aside from the late night noise, this Hotel is in a very good position as a base to see Paris.
It is a lovely building, dating back to the 18th century, with helpful staff, and I was amazed at how silent the lifts were, albeit very small, they were so very smooth running.
I have to say that I did not like the fact that the tiny toilet cubicle did not have a wash basin - I prefer a full bathroom, but it is a very old building.
And also we kept smelling cigarette smoke - possibly wafting in through the vents?
There is an underground Metro Station virtually opposite the hotel from where you can travel to the main stations, or, as we frequently did, you can walk to the sights and pick up the atmosphere of Paris.
We had an unfortunate negative upon booking out where someone had had a breakfast and had given our room number, however the lady on Reception believed us when we said that we had not had any breakfasts.
We would stay in the Tryp Paris Francois Hotel again, as it was in such a good area, and the staff were friendly, but not a room with a street view!

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper, a boulevard facing room may not be a good option for you. The traffic does not stop - and when it does ease off, the pavement cleaning vehicles start operating!!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Freixie

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience with the readers of Tripadvisor.

As you mention, our hotel is located in the center of Paris and we can understand that the street could be noisy sometimes.

Anyway, we are happy to see do you want to stay with us again! . We look forward to see you again at Tryp François.

Best regards,

Reviewed May 9, 2013

Booked through Eurostar who apparently did not pass on the booking request for a double room with two single beds. Me and my friend opened the door to our room to discover a double bed. Now I am a fairly liberal person but I draw the line at sharing a double bed with anyone other than my girlfriend. One visit to reception who were very helpful and for 60 extra euros (30 Euros per night) we open the door to our much more suitable superior suite. The staff on reception did all they could to help so they are a plus. Some of the rooms do appear to be on the tiny side (The people we went with vacated their tiny room and took the room we vacated for the superior room). The whole place was clean and tidy and have no real complaints about the state of the place. It could do with a bit of a sprucing up but it is years away from needing any serious repairs.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back of the hotel (Both member of our party had one) were fine. You are in the centre of Paris so you expect a little bit of noise however our room was fine. However if you have one near the front I could imagine that the noise from the pubs and clubs on the main road would get on your nerves.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends