“Smell of Fresh paint neary killed me!” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of BEST WESTERN Allegro Nation

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
BEST WESTERN Allegro Nation
Ranked #806 of 1,794 Hotels in Paris
Aylesbury UK
“Smell of Fresh paint neary killed me!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2010

The Hotel Allegro is in a quiet location in the 12th arrondesment, which is not a tourist area more residential. However it is only a three minute walk to the nearest metro (Pirus) on line 6 and only a ten minute walk to Pl. de Nation which has many metro lines passing through including line 1 which takes you to the centre of Paris. ( There are aslo many good restaurants near Pl. de Nation).

The Hotel is clean and comfortable unfortunately, when I arrived my door had a notice on it saying 'wet paint'. Although the painting was in the corridor not the room the fumes off the red paint which they had used on the door frames was horrendous! It affected my asthma, my eyes and my sinuses. I felt really ill because of the fumes. The only way I could cope was to sleep with the large windows open even though it was freezing outside. I'd rather be cold than die of paint fumes! So I survived my two night stay at he Hotel Allegro Paris, but my lasting memory will be the paint fumes. In my opinion this whole corridor should have been closed whilst the paint fumes had gone. This was on floor 3, (etage tois).

It is a shame as apart from this, the hotel is a very good choice; safe location, very friendly staff and a good breakfast if you get there early enough; as towards the last hour they run out of things and don't replace them! So it is first come first served. I didn't mind too much as I had a very good deal which included breakfast but if I had paid the full rate for breakfast which was I believe 13 euros, I think I'd be very upset if half of the choices were missing because I had arrived during the last hour rather than the first hour!

Breakfast is served 7am until 10.30 am ..so as long as you are downstairs by 9am you should be fine. I would stay there again but first I would make sure there had been no fresh paint in the last month on the floor my room was situated on. Oh yes, apparently the first floor is the smoking allowed floor,; which as an ex -smoker I found a little bizarre, not just from the fire hazard point of view; flames andt smoke rises, so if they were to have a smoking floor shouldn't it be on the top floor not the first? I could smell smoke on the third floor but not in the bedroom. I thought smoking had been banned in all public buildings in France; but it seems in French Hotels they are alloled to still allocate smoking rooms and floors! ( So if you don't like smoke avoid floor one and if you don't like paint fumes avoid floor three; at least for the next month!).

• Stayed March 2010, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Cluj Napoca
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2010

We just returned from Paris, where we spent 5 nights in this hotel. We loved the hotel, and the fact that the neighborhood was nice and quiet. We felt safe all the time. The room was bigger than we expected after reading reviews about hotel rooms in Paris.

Breakfast was good, room was clean and cleaned up every day. We had free Internet, and that was helpful. Staff was nice, and ready to help. The only problems was that their English was not that good, so sometimes it was a little bit hard to understand each other.

The nearest metro station was Picpus, but we mostly used Nation, as we loved to walk and see what was around. And we also loved that the supermarket was right there.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank AdrianaCJ
The Hague
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2010

I stayed at the Allegro the night before the Semi-de-Paris and chose it based on its proximity to Château de Vincennes. Most people staying in the hotel looked to be running the semi aswell, but because the hotel has no real communal space other than the breakfast room (which I didn't use) there was very little atmosphere.

The location was further from the metro than I anticpated and the nearest metro (Piscpus) is a bot of a waste of time if you are looking to go North as you will have to change at Nation, and there were not many facilities in the area.

Like all hotels is Paris the room was small, but I have to say it was well fitted and clean. There were no facilities for making tea/coffee which was something I missed & the bath did not have a stopper so I had to take a shower rather than have a bath.

All in all it was OK, and if you need somewhere quiet to stay the night before a race then it fits the bill, but otherwise stay somewhere else...

• Stayed March 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank d3c0san
Dubrovnik, Cro
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2009

"Allegro" is situated in quiet residental area (12 arr).Plenty of places to eat around plus supermarket just next. Metro station Picpus, 5 mins walk takes You directly to main
Paris attractions like Place Concorde Etoille,,Eiffel tour, Montparnasse...10 mins to Porte Viencenes metro to Louvre, Rivoli, Bastille, Montmartre.....or 15 mins walk to Nation square a metro and RER train hub with more concetion options.
Reasonable size well maintaned and cleaned rooms too,Good choice and plenty of food for breakfast too.
Staff from reception to breakfast room always willing to help with smile.

Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
4 Thank ivocro
Bucharest, Romania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2009

We stayed for 5 nights in this hotel - was an excellent choice. A decent size room with 3 beds, very clean. Did not have breakfast in the hotel as there are many coffee places around. Very connection with the metro to the downtown - just one stop from Nation and from there you can take different lines of the RER to Disneyland.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank Bym_Bucharest
Maidstone
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2009

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights on a bed and breakfast basis. The hotel is in a quiet road and very little noise was heard at night. The area is mainly residential and we felt safe during both day and night. The staff at the hotel, from the cleaners to the manager were welcoming and friendly throughout our stay. The room was a good size for Paris and whilst our bedroom could have done with a redecoration the bathroom was obviously new , well equipped and a decent size. The rooms are also well soundproofed and spotlessly clean and comfortable.
Our room rate included breakfast which was served daily from 0700 - 1030 hours and provided a good range of the usual continental fayre of croissants, rolls, meats and cheese as well as toast, cereal and fruit. We did notice that the rate for breakfast was 13 Euro and had our package not have included it we probably would have eaten in the local cafes nearby.
The nearest Metro is PIPUS on line 6 ( about a 4 min walk away). Arriving from the Gare Du Nord take Line 5 direct to the Place D'Italie then change to line 6. Total journey time was about 25 minutes.
The district had a good range of restaurants nearby to suit all budgets and the closeness to the Metro made it a great base for getting to the major sites of Paris with ease without paying the high prices of the more central areas.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank RHGH
Orange County, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2009

Allegro Hotel is an excellent choice for those desiring value and good location with easy access (5 minute walk) to the Metro (Picpus). The hotel offers a good number of triples/quads, which can be hard to find in Paris and which increases the value potential for those with children. We found the staff to be extremely helpful and friendly. We never had breakfast as we found it entirely overpriced (13 Euros/person) for its offerring. Also, there were issues with the WI-FI when we were there.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family