“Just what we wanted!”

Best Western Allegro Nation
Ranked #886 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed March 19, 2013

I recently went to the Hotel Allegro with my partner in February, we wanted an inexpensive but nice hotel that would offer comfort but also practicality in terms of location. The hotel is situated only a 5 minute walk away from a metro station which allows you to travel anywhere and is directly opposite a supermarket. The hotel staff are all really pleasant. The rooms are absolutely lovely! They have a modern style but nice and comfy as well. It was a quiet location so there was no noise at all however there are nice places to eat nearby, a 5 minute walk and you'll have a few options to eat. Try cafe cosy! Really nice food there. The breakfast served in the morning was also really nice with a big choice. Although, I would have liked room service on the first night, which they offered no service of. The rooms were kept clean and I had no issues with the maid. I thoroughly recommend this hotel to everyone planning on seeing the sites and using this as a nice comfort to come back to in the evening.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 18, 2013

Hotel was lovely and clean and within walking distance of the major Nation station. Breakfast was fine as expected croissants, bread, eggs etc more then enough. There was no shower curtain which we found bizarre as water would splash everywhere. Also our room (109) was situated right next to the lift which woke me up several times in the night :(

Bed was lovely and comfy just what we needed after a day sight seeing and we were allowed to leave our luggage in the store room on the day of departure which was nice.

Rooms were furnished to a good standard and free safe as well :)

Just install a shower curtain and spray some WD40 on that lift!

xx

Room Tip: Dont get a room next to the lift
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 26, 2013

I found this terrible place via bestwestern.com. It was saying that it was a 4-star hotel, but not in the centre. Well, I said ok, it was worth the money. At least I could go to metro stations with a 5-minutes of walk. I booked for seven days.

However, when I saw the room, my first disappointment was the size of the room. It was so small. For example, there was almost no room to stand next to the window to see outside (you have a view of supermarkets and the street by the way), and when you put your luggage in the room, well that's it. You need to jump over your luggage to go to your bed and have a sleep.

Then on my 3rd or 4th day, I don't remember, I noticed that there are actually 3-stars next to the hotel's sign outside. This was weird because, as I said earlier, on bestwestern.com it was saying that this is supposed to be a 4-stars hotel. I asked this to the receptionist who was able to speak very little English (at least she was able to, out of 4-5 receptionist I knew only 2 of them were able to speak English. Even the manager sucks at English!) and she said they became 4-stars only a few months back. Then I asked why they didn't change their sign outside, because it's a big accomplishment, she couldn't answer. Because it's a L-I-E!!

Then I looked for the 4-star hotel requirements and saw that almost 5-6 of the mandatory things to be a 4-stars class hotel, this hotel was lacking. Don't expect a mini-bar for example, or an a-la-carte restaurant. I hear you asking "Room service?", are you kidding me? Hell no!

There are lots of things that I should tell, but I'll tell them in another post.

I will also share the picture of the hotels' sign and the room, so you might have an idea.

Room Tip: Just don't try this hotel unless you have to. If you have no other choice, make sure the air-con...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank Mikail O
valleesa, Directeur général at Best Western Allegro Nation, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2013

Dear customer
Thank you for your message on trip advisor concerning your stay. I am surprised to read your disapointment because you decide to extend your stay during 7 days in our hotel. You asked me directly a better price to stay longer that I granted to you. Yet as we met a probleme with your credit card we refused you your stay extension without guarantee and i can understand your irritation now on trip advisor. Hotel became a 4 stars hotel in November 2012 and we changed signs in outside in February 2013 because all suppliers were overbooked with the change of category in all hotels in France. Concerning the size of the room you had a king size bed of 180 cms during all your stay and if you need more space and other view : not on supermarket (sorry we have many shops in Paris it s not the countryside) you could ask to change room during your stay.
Concerning the room service, as you refused to give a valid credit card number during all your stay, you couldn t have the room service and another extras without garantee. So you want to go in 4 stars hotel and to beneficit from all services without a correct credit card number so it was not raisonnable and you know it. Best Regards The Manager

Reviewed January 6, 2013

We would like to recommend this hotel for a number of reasons, namely it's affordability, friendly staff and managers, it's close approximity to Metro and RER train lines. But the main reason we liked the hotel was the fact it waslocated in a quite and what seemed safe neighbourhood with the added bonus of plenty of great local eateries nearby. If you are like us we often try to avoid the tourist spots when eating out because they are often over priced and we leave feeling disappointed with the food, by staying here we avoided this. So maybe this is something else you may wish to consider if you are looking at staying at this hotel.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Alastair73
Reviewed November 18, 2012

Ok, so it's not in the centre, but you're actually so close to the metro and red RER lines (ideal for eurodisney too!) that this makes an ideal spot to stay. Rooms are spotless and well decorated; staff are friendly and the breakfast is amazing! For the price this is a true bargain for a Paris hotel and it's in a nice quiet area with some good bars, restaurants and a supermarket. I could not find one thing bad to say about my stay here!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Pablomj
Reviewed November 17, 2012

Affordable hotel in Paris in a good location not far from the PicBus Subway station and at about 30 minutes walking from La Bastille. Good sized and clean rooms. No major negative surprises. Recommended to travelers who are not looking for anything fancy.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank GlobeTrotterGiamma
Reviewed November 14, 2012 via mobile

Overall a very nice room with the bare essentials. Close to metro station, although requires lots of changes to the popular tourist attractions. Very convenient for our trip to Disneyland though!! Staff were helpful but not much around the hotel. Good if you want quietness

• Stayed: November 2012