Best Western Nouvel Orleans Montparnasse
Fred Hotel(Paris)(Great Value!)
$88
$82
  • Bar/Lounge
Hotel Elysees Union(Paris)(Great Value!)
$322
$252
$236
$205
  • Room Service
All reviewsdenfert rochereaumetro stopdirectly across the streetrue daguerretriple roomcdg airportrer bwould stay here againsmall fridgetiny elevatorspiral staircasemetro systemfew blocksclean hotelfifth flooreiffel towercentral paris
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 16, 2013

I live nearby and booked this hotel for my parents and also separately booked the triple room for my friends when they came to visit (i live in a very very small flat!). My parents who come from the countryside, are not 'big city people' so i requested a quiet room for them. My mother said she didnt hear a peep (and she is fussy). She was also pleased with the kettle (ask at reception) as its not standard in France, and as we are English, she had brought her own tea with her! I have another friend arriving in a few weeks and suggested this hotel, above all the others in the area. My mother in law will also be staying here in September. Other friends have chosen to stay in nearby hotels, and i always go to look round their rooms and none seem as good (in the same price bracket) as le nouvel orleans. The triple room is a bargain, and can comfortably fit three adults in separate beds. Although i havent stayed here, this review is on behalf on my parents (mid sixties age group). The reception has always been polite and friendly.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank bramble43
NouvelOrleans, Gérant at Best Western Nouvel Orleans Montparnasse, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2013

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

Reviewed May 15, 2013

I booked the hotel for myself and two friends for a 50th, 40th and 49th birthday celebration. I informed the hotel that it was for a special weekend and thought they could have done something thoughtful like put a bottle of wine in the room but they didn't acknowledge it at all. The room was classed as a suite and could have slept 4 people with two singles and a double sofa bed. It was sold as two rooms however the double twin room didn't have any wardrobe space and the wardrobe in the 'double' room was a single and totally inadequate for 3 people to hang clothes for 4 days. As the sofa bed was made up you had to squeeze past the bed and wardrobe to go to the shower room which resulted in a few bruises! The toilet was in the double room so if one of the guests needed the toilet during the night they had to wake up whoever was sleeping in the room.
I would not recommend the hotel for more than two people and there are much better hotels to choose from.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Rosequeen1
Reviewed April 19, 2013

We spent the beginning of a cold spring for 6 nights in Paris at this hotel. We were amazed by the strategic location it is at, you can get on Metro lines 4 and 6 and on RER B from the 4-minute walk Denfert-Rochereau station, it was a blessing to be so close to such a centric station, and even if you want to ride buses instead of the metro, you'll find you can go to many places by just hopping onto the 38 bus.

We were able to book a good deal online and even with the cheap deal we got a nice quiet room. On the egress plans I was able to notice our room was a bit bigger than the rest of the rooms on the floor, and though the view from our window wasn't so great, it was on the quiet side, meaning we didn't hear any street noises from the main road that the hotel is located at. So make sure you check out the egress plan and see if you can get a room on the non-street side.

I was provided with a minibar refrigerator and a safe (which wouldn't fit my 13" laptop by the way).

Finally, we experienced good and clean service, and the staff was very gentle when compared to french average. The only downside, which France Telecom is mostly to blame, was that the hotel's internet services were down for more than a day, and the staff would limit themselves to say that France Telecom was to blame and there's nothing they could do. It would had made me more comfortable to know they were at least in touch with France Telecom and looking into it. I guess they were too honest.

Overall I highly recommend this hotel. It's centric, located on a nice road, and like others have mentioned you have access to grocery stores and a nice street market and many cafes/

Room Tip: Don't include breakfast in your booking, it's too expensive when compared to what you can get at the many nearby cafes.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

Three of us booked a room for three nights. It was very affordable with comfy warm beds. There are many restaurants and shops right outside the hotel door including the perfect local bakery out the door to the right and down the side street on the right. We had breakfast on the go every morning from there. The staff was very kind and I was glad it had a "French feel" even though it was a Best Western. My well travel friend who accompanied us was impressed with the hotel. We were able to open our windows and put the champagne on the small balcony during a freak March snow storm.

Room Tip: The bathroom with a full tub is probably larger than the one with just a shower.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 7, 2013

I booked for one person and was surprised to get a single bed (90 cm) in a corner of tiny room....
got the aircon facing me so had to switch it off. definitively avoid the single bed.....
was terrible.