“AVOID AT ALL COST”

Pavillon Louvre Rivoli
Ranked #1,260 of 1,802 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed February 17, 2012

I would like to advise all, avoid this hotel at all cost. This is suppose to be a 3 star hotel, which should not be awarded at all. The begining of this nightmare started with the staff. Miserable, unhelpful and totally unprofessional. Having made it to our room or for a better word, closet. It was very small, dated and above all, dirty. The en suite was of the same standard, with the shower being a waste of time. No room service, no tea making facilities. However, the wake up call just finished this never again experience; the drilling into the wall every day at the same time of the early morning was soul destroying and when we asked for staff assistance. It was met with no response. Basically, if you want a room in an ok location and you do not have any standards, this place is for you.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Rita A
NOURINE F, Gérant at Pavillon Louvre Rivoli, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for your comment, and we regret that your stay did not go as you planned.

We consider your comments, and thanks to it we develop more of our quality services.

Pending receive you again while ensuring a better welcome and impeccable service.

Direction – Pavillon Louvre Rivoli

Reviewed January 20, 2012

This hotel is about 1 block from two metro stations: Palais Royal and Pyramides. Situated 2 blocks from Louvre in the 1st arrondisement, this hotel is perfectly priced. The front desk staff speaks English so communication is not an issue. A cab station, where all cabs congregate waiting for a fare is 1 block away. For any Americans seeking a sense of home, a Starbucks is 2 blocks away as well. As mentioned on other reviews, the WiFi is sporadic and the elevator is very small as is the stairwell. Overall, I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
NOURINE F, Gérant at Pavillon Louvre Rivoli, responded to this reviewResponded December 25, 2014

We thank you for spending time to write good comments about our hotel and we are pleased to hear that you have spent an excellent stay with us.

We confirm that the great location with the inner city of Paris, The Royal Palace “Louvre”, the Comedie Française” and the Opera is one the most convenient asset of our hotel.

We hope to welcome you in your next stay in Paris ensuring the high quality of our services you mentioned in your comment.

Best Regards

Reviewed October 10, 2011

This hotel is a typical European Boutique Hotel. If you are an American expecting the Marriott, don't stay here. The rooms are small but clean and adequate. I would have given them 4 stars except for the fact, they ran out of soap and plastic cups, so for our 3 night stay we had to provide our own. Also their WiFi didn't work most of the time. Staff was friendly and breakfast was very good .

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
NOURINE F, Gérant at Pavillon Louvre Rivoli, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2014

Dear Guest,

We are pleased to receive your review that will helps us to improve the quality of service in order to give to all our guests the best reception.

like you, our guests appreciated the quiet location and the good spots close to our property.

Best regards,

Reviewed September 19, 2011

This hotel was the first stop on my 6 week honey moon. I was so disappointed, it smelt bad, was a tiny room and the first morning had NO breakfast. Also, they stole my credit card details.... This was the one and only stop where I put my CC details down for the 3 days I was there. By the time I reached Mykonos, my next destination, I had an email from my bank inquiring about foreign charges made to my account in France???? I never pulled that CC out after that. They tried to take about $5,000 worth from me. NEVER WILL I RETURN

Room Tip: go to another hotel
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Mericauchi
Reviewed July 23, 2011

Pavillon Louvre Rivoli is a small and old fashion building with a great location. You can walk from the hotel to Louvre Museum, Notre Dame, Sainte Chapelle, Orsay Museum, the Conciergerie.... You have great communication (bus and subway) if you want to visit Eiffel Tower and Arc du Triunfe. Our room (3 persons) was small but perfect to rest and sleep. The room had two complete bathrooms. The guys at the front desk were always very nice and helpful. I do not remember names but one guy from Algeria and one guy from Yugoslavia were specially cordial and

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank GuillermitoMiami

Dear Guest,

Best regards,

Reviewed July 2, 2011

I stayed 5 days here, I was late booking an hotel, so I had not much options in hotel choice.

I called before to make sure that they had received my online booking, this was not the case. Most of the staff didn't speak well English, so I tried to communicate with my best French.

After a successful check-in I went to the room and find it very basic. The room wasn't super clean, but it was alright.

The location for a tourist is super, Louvre and Opera are at meters from the hotel, but considered I was a business traveller it didn't mather much for me.

In the end I would try avoid this hotel

• Stayed: June 2011
1  Thank Littlegerald
Reviewed May 12, 2011

AFter myself and my mum had discovered that the money and aftershave had gone missing we went to reception who were terrible they wouldn't even call the police they said that they didn't have the phone number. I used to go to this hotel quite alot but now this has happened I won't be returning if u are going there soon DO NOT LEAVE ANYTHING VALUABLE IN YOUR ROOM.

• Stayed: March 2011