“Forest Hill La Villlette Paris”

Forest Hill Paris La Villette
Ranked #1,205 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed July 15, 2013

We were on a Cosmos Tour , the original hotel advertised was in Neuilly-Sur-Seine -to the above (Paris 19), which was too far from the centre of Paris The area around the hotel was not a pleasant area for a tourist to be staying in , adding to it was road works taking place around the hotel area and the hotel itself. The hotel room was clean but small and no wi fi., if this hotel was in a better area it would be acceptable for a short stay. The first evening were walking down the street from the hotel looking in the shops when a shop keeper came to me and said "Be very careful, not a good area" I thanked him for his concern as I had already seen it was not a good area for tourists to be in .I was not comfortable walking to and fro to the Metro Station which was a short block to the right of the hotel around the corner. hence the stay in Paris was not as I have experienced on previous trips.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Willison

Reviewed July 12, 2013

rooms are tiny and the breakfast is ok - hotel is also slightly far from the city centre...
On the positive the staff are very helpful and you can get nice views from the hotel, there is also a metro station next to the hotel but it is not efficient - highlights of the paris trip: Opera Garnier.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank JoRamo
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Most customers at the Forest Hill Paris La Villette are tour operator customers so they don't really have a say in the hotel selection. Otherwise they would probably decide to stay elsewhere. Unfortunately I was in the same situation and had to spend some time there. Rooms are very small even by Paris standards. No wifi in the room. Therefore, customers gather in the elevator area in the evening in order to get a decent Internet connection. However, what I most complain about is not so much the room size but the poor room condition. Obviously only minor renovation took place since the opening of the hotel and rooms but especially bathrooms are really decrepit. Tubs, washbasins, plumbing are tired, often rusted. Corridors are also decrepit and sometimes smelly. So are some rooms. A positive note comes from the front desk staff I found professional, helpful and friendly which is not so frequent in Paris hotels. Decent breakfast. A tip: it is better to have breakfast in the Hippopotamus restaurant to which there is a direct access from the lobby than in the breakfast room on the first floor. It is necessary to ask front desk staff who tend to send customers to the first floor breakfast room but it is worth it. Conclusion: if you have the opportunity to stay elsewhere just do it !!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Jean Francois V
Reviewed July 7, 2013

This one was a part of our Cosmos tour - it means I would never choose it just by looking through Tripadvisor comments. No space inside the room - we came to Europe for 3 weeks, we had suitcases, not backpacks. I moved the beds (they slide) all the way to the windows to get a little room for our luggage. Ha-ha! It sounds funny now, not at the end of our tour - when everyone was so tired.
The elevators are so slow, SO SLOW that we did not want to spend time waiting and tried to find staircase. We did (trust me - it is hard in that one). The stairs were dirty, very smelly (I wonder if homeless were there since the toilets are not free in Paris) and dark. My child got scared.
The inside restaurant is overpriced. The breakfast is OK, nothing to mention.
The location is far to be the best.
If you have to chance - AVOID!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 2, 2013

I stayed in this hotel because it was few minutes from my work - the hotel and room were clean and the staff was helpful (as I had some problem to open the door of my room)
Negative point is the internet wifi only available in the communal area.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 29, 2013

We were in Paris. We were there to do stuff, not hang around a hotel.

Yep, the rooms were small but the beds were ok and we got a pretty good nights sleep. Relatively clean, staff were a bit rude in the bar but we were warned that service persons in France, particularly Paris were a little less enthusiastic than in some other countries. They weren't bad, they just ignored you until they were teady to serve you and there was no pleasantness about it. Clinical.

Breakfast included and I thought it was fine. Plenty of choice available.

Security on the door, a train station just down the road and a tram outside.

The only real complaint I have, is no wifi in the rooms and the service, sitting outside the lifts in the foyers was pretty bad both nights we were there. I would prefer to pay for wifi and have a more reliable service

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 4, 2013

Just one night here but we will not go back unless we can help it.
Everything was just average, room size a bit small, bathroom nothing special, room déco, old and not pretty, the breakfast was not good at all, very low quality goods.
The sound proofing was not good so we were woken several time during the night by people in the corridor.
Not that expensive but then again if you cant sleep any price becomes exhorbitant...
I have stayed in many 2 star places (even in Paris) of much better quality.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room, or at least at the end of a floor with no passage.