“A great overnight base”

Ranked #1,231 of 1,801 Hotels in Paris
Greenford, United Kingdom
“A great overnight base”
Reviewed November 27, 2012

The room was clean and comfortable, and big enough for its purpose: somewhere to sleep. After all, you are in Paris, why would you want to spend time in your hotel room? The breakfast was much more substantial than most continental breakfasts - cereals, fruit, the regulation ham and cheese, yoghurts, sausages, bacon, and an almost glow-in-the-dark scrambled egg, all accompanied by a variety of breads and croissants - more than enough to fuill up on. Staff were helpful and cheerful, even in the face of my rusty French (35 years since I last used it). Convenient for the Metro, and a reasonably short journey into the best parts of Paris (Montmarte is about 8 stops away, and even a journey to Parc de Princes on the diametrically opposite corner of the Metro map took only around 30 minutes). There are a number of bars and resaurents close at hand if you don't feel up to the Metro in the evening, or the hotel has its own bar/restaurent (which I didn't sample so I can't make any comment on).

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank MikeDeller

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed November 23, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is right on the corner of the metro and the line runs right into the centre of Paris, although its about 30 mins.
The hotel is like a dated park inn, basic & cheap for Paris. The rooms are not too bad in size, what we expected. Clean towels every day.
Wouldn't really bother with breakfast, goes beyond self service when you have to set the table your self, the staff are very abrupt and the choice is ok, fruit, toast, warm tea, etc.
Wouldn't come back if I could find a better deal in the centre, but would use as a back up plan.

• Stayed November 2012
Joplin, Missouri
Reviewed October 12, 2012

The room was fairly clean (there wasn't room for any dirt) I understand European hotels rooms are known to be smaller than here in the US, but I've seen walk in closets larger than the room we had.
Very dark, musty and hardly any outlets. I had to go downstairs to charge my phone. The Hippopotamus Restaurant was OK. Prices not bad but poor service.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Paris hotels

Australia
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Rooms were horrid,dark and dingy,miles from anywhere.The bathroom was not nice and the hairdryer was hopeless.Breakfast was poor quality. I had to unplug bedlight to charge Ipad and camera.Internet was vety hit and miss.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank jagsea
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed September 6, 2012 via mobile

This hotel was the meeting place for us when we began our tour of France with cosmos. Arriving very late I was looking forward to a good sleep.
First the location of this hotel is too far out from city and not in a nice area. The hotel room was very pokey, dunggy,smelly I wanted out , it was 1145pm. The toilet was dirty!.
The room could not fit one suitcase let alone two, we placed them at foot of bed which was disastrous if we had to go to bathroom. No power outlet to charge iPad, camera or phone so we disconnect lamp , only to find out in the morning nothing was charged. We could use the one power point we did finally locate as it was in front of bathroom door. I finally slept at 1 am, one open one eye closed.
Breakfast was very average. Would definately not stay here for any extra nights. I did read the reviews a was very misled by what others had to say. Needs a major major overhaul. Tour groups use this hotel as its cheap and nasty

Stayed July 2012
1 Thank kooulaa c
Legazpi, Philippines
Reviewed August 22, 2012

This hotel is located in the 19th arrondissenment -- in the La Villette area which is actually in its north-eastern part of Paris. Location wise, this is way too far from the city center.
(TIP: City center means -- 1st to 8th arrondissements) this is where you can find most of Paris' popular tourist spots like the Louvre, champs elysee', arc de triomphe, Nortre Dame, the Eiffel Tower etc...)

Though, commuting in Paris using the METRO is not a problem as all arrondissements are inter-connected with each other. I mean, its so easy to go to one place to another using the metro and its cheap too!!

The hotel is quite popular with group tours, so expect a big group checking in and out every time. The rooms are ok, and the bathroom is well cleaned.

There is a nice restaurant in the hotel named: Hippo which serves typical american fast food like burgers and fries. They usually serve buffet breakfast in this restaurant. Just be prepared to expect a very long queue every breakfast (between 6:30 - 7:30am) as most of the tour group are there to have their breakfast.

If you are not so keen about joining a tour group -- better look for a better hotel in the city center!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Ricoy
Orlando, Florida, United States
Reviewed August 19, 2012

My family and I were on a Cosmo tour of Spain and France. I stood two nights in this hotel and was absolutely disgusted by it. All the rooms in the hotel claimed to be non-smoking, but the second we walked into our room, it smelled like a cigarette was lit and hidden in the air vent. I went down to the receptionist and his response was that "Some of our guests do not respect our rules." I do not care if the guest that stood in the room previously did not respect your rules, if I have a complaint about my room you must offer a solution, not an excuse. I had to suggest to him to send housekeeping with air freshener and even ask to keep the bottle because the smell was horrid. The bathroom was disgusting; it looked like one of the many homeless people that live on the street just took a shower in it and wipe his dirty hands all over the sink and walls right before we came. I would have rather taken a shower in the locker room of a local high school. The next day after our panoramic tour of Paris and after visiting the Versailles Palace, it was around 415 pm and we arrive in our room to find that it hasn't been clean! What hotel does not have their rooms clean by 415 in the afternoon? It was unacceptable and that is when I complain to my tour director. It was ridiculous that our room was not clean and it required a complaint to get it clean immediately. I recommend to NOT staying at this horrible hotel. You're in Paris; you deserve to be treated much better than the services this hotel has to offer.

Room Tip: My tip is to not stay at this hotel.