We have just returned from a weekend in Paris which I had booked as a surprise for my wife for our 15th Wedding Anniversary. We travelled on Friday and arrived at about 15:30 local time. I booked this break through a third party and had read the reviews of the hotel and actually called them to check location, etc. We were booked in for 2 nights.
When we arrived they recognised our name and started to check us in. After some discussion through to the back office, which I could only understand a small part, another gentleman appeared to tell us there was a 'very small problem'; They only had a twin room left! This was not a 'very small problem for us, I had specifically booked a double room. Luckily, I had a printed version of the email, which clearly stated 'double room'. After some debate, they finally offered us an upgraded 'superior' room as long as we agreed to move to a normal double the next day. By now there was a queue behind us, so reluctantly I agreed, took our key and went to our room. Just to be clear, at no point were the staff rude and were always extremely polite and courteous.
We went to our room, which I can compare to a HI Express/Travelodge. It was fairly clean, we needed to swill the bath and there were a number of stray hairs on floors and on the bed. The view was a brick wall, but this was OK, there was light enough coming in. TV worked fine (99% in French) and a small mini bar. The air-con was very weak, not an issue this time of year, but I could imagine a problem in Summer. We had lots planned so were only ever going to use this as somewhere to sleep - the bed was comfortable, so all in all, it was acceptable.
The next day, we were told our 'new room' would not be available until after 3pm and we needed to re-pack, put our luggage in store and then check-in again! Again, after some discussion, they reluctantly agreed to let us stay in our 'superior' room for the 2nd and final night.
Let me comment on the location; I saw at least 3 third party websites describe this hotel as 'several hundred metres' or 'a few steps from the Eiffel Tower'. At no point did the hotel say this, but they did say on the telephone and when we arrived, it was a '10-12 minute walk'. It is a 25-30 minute BRISK walk - not really an issue overall, but a little misleading and caused us to almost miss our booked cruise on the first evening.
Overall, the stay was comfortable, location is pretty good if you take into account the realistic distances - and the walk to the Eiffel Tower is nice along the river. The hotel is on a back road, but there is a supermarket close by and a couple of nice cafe's for coffee and snacks, etc. The staff were all polite and friendly and spoke good English.
The overbooking seems a common issue, we overheard several people in our short stay being given different style rooms or even being shipped out to other hotels! We were lucky that we came out slightly better off - but it is a risk when booking here that you won't get the room you requested!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our hotel, located in the popular 16th arrondissement of Paris, provides an ideal location for your business affairs, trade shows and conventions. Just a 10-minute car ride from the Porte de Versailles exhibition centre and famous business headquarters (Maison de la radio, cap 15, MWbrands), the hotel is also situated near many tourist attractions (near Roland Garros stadium, Parc des Princes, Auteuil racetrack, Eiffel Tower...). In addition to its 94 comfortable and luminous rooms, the hotel has a private car park and is located in a quiet setting between residential neighbourhoods and private gardens. Our hotel, close to the Eiffel Tower, is also near a network of public transportation enabling you to easily discover Paris, while still taking advantage of your stay in a peaceful setting. Our Restaurant, Le Bistrot Mirabeau, provides a simple snack-bar menu every day from 11 a.m. to 11 p.m. to spice up your stay with us. The hotel often has a piano available to initiate musical evenings in a peaceful and friendly atmosphere. Weather permitting, a terrace is available to start your day out right with a complete breakfast or relax with a drink after a full day of activity. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Fastbooking, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Agoda, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Auteuil Tour Eiffel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Libertel Auteuil Tour Eiffel Hotel Paris
- Libertel Auteuil Tour Eiffel Paris
- Auteuil Tour Eiffel