“Golden Tulip - Average not Great”

Golden Tulip Hotel Washington Opera
Ranked #924 of 1,797 Hotels in Paris
Gerrards Cross, United Kingdom
“Golden Tulip - Average not Great”
Reviewed January 23, 2012

Stayed there over the weekend. The hotel was clean and staff were very polite but rooms were tiny and there was not enough room in the bathroom for two people to use at the same time. The bed was comfortable but the pillows were rock hard. Breakfast was OK, no fruit or cereal just pastries, bread, ham, cheese and plain yoghurt. We asked for a taxi to be ordered and the receptionist said it was too hard, taxis busy between 7-9am on weekday, so we had to walk down road and hail one ourselves. I think next time we will be going somewhere else...

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Lisbon, Portugal
Reviewed January 22, 2012

- superior room with a king size bed = a small room with two separate beds
- the toilet was dirty, had been left unwashed
- the staff were passive and unhelpful
- they claim to do room service all day (I called to ask) but once I arrived found out it is only between 7pm and 10pm and no lunch.
- I left my bag at the reception to wander the streets of Paris and the receptionist gave my luggage to a cab driver with another woman leaving for the airport - I missed my trip home because of it! The hotel told the driver they would pay his fare once I retrieved the bag (the driver met me) but they refused (the driver called me afterwards furious). not very classy.

all in all, not worth my energy and time for a staff that seems bored at all times and are unhelpful.
Not going back.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank fläms e

Travelers are raving about these Paris hotels

UK
Reviewed January 1, 2012

We stayed at the Washington Opera Hotel in September 2010 for a couple of days before heading on to Italy. It is a well located hotel and we enjoyed our time in Paris. The room we had was a good size and was clean and comfortable. The breakfast was nice but fairly basic and the service was on the slow side.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MrMrsHill
Abuja, Nigeria
Reviewed December 7, 2011

Lovely set of chaps, Convival. lovely customer service.

Room Tip: lovely location. compares well with another hotel i had slept in down the road.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Mohammed O
Reviewed November 29, 2011

Expensive for a tired no frills hotel. The carpet on 5th floor is grotesque and needs replacing. The smell of cleaning products is also horrid. Nasty stain on furniture in the room.

• Stayed November 2011
Belgrade, Serbia
Reviewed November 4, 2011

Everything was below acceptable level- room size (we had junior suite), bathroom size, having on relatively small double bed only one old blanket with single sheet cover. Hotel staff was day-shift ok, night-shift terrible. All in all, never would go back, not even for free.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank kiropraktor
Perth, Australia
Reviewed October 20, 2011

After confusion with a booking at another hotel we got "sent" to the Washington Opera. I was feeling very annoyed by all this but once we got into our room I was pleasantly surprised. I think it was a superior room and it was a nice size (for Paris). It was very clean and I think it had been recently refurbished. I did hear someone complaining about the quality of their room but I can say we were very happy with ours and if all the rooms were the same I would definitely recommend it to anyone. The reception staff were helpful to us at all times but I did hear them being quite rude to some other guests. It was certainly in a very central location within walking distance to most attractions. I would stay there again if I could be guaranteed the same quality room.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple