Hotel Elysees Union
  • Pool
Hotel Waldorf Trocadero(Paris)
  • Room Service
1,235 results
All reviewsarc de triompheeiffel toweryogurtgreat locationtwo bedroom apartmentcontinental breakfastwashing machinewalking distanceminute walksmall kitchenmetro stationwould definitely stay here againstayed here for nightsrooms are smallthree starmini barloved this hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 9, 2010

We went in late February for 10 days. As you approach the hotel, the Eiffel Tower gets larger and larger, and then you are there. It is just a couple of blocks to the Arc de Triumphe, and is near a number of metro stations.

The staff is excellent and helpful. Breakfast is simple: different French breads, yogurt, fruit, etc. If you are going out for the day, you don't want anything different. They do have al la carte omlettes, etc., but I never tried any of them.

Before I went, I had read a lot of postings about the room size. The rooms are small by American standards, but not by Parisien standards. My mother had gone last year (stayed at a different hotel), and her room was so small that she had to crawl across the bed to get to her side of the bed because she had no room to get around her suitcase. These rooms are bigger. This was my first trip to Paris, so I didn't know what to expect, but I was so prepared for a dorm room, that i was actually happy. If you are expecting a "La Quinta in the suburbs" sort of room, then you will be spending a lot of money.

The hotel is about 100 feet from Kleber street, which is a fairly major street. However, you are far enough from there, that the room is quiet. We slept with the windows open one night and it was very nice. The windows, by the way, are actually glass doors to your balcony. It is a small small balcony. You will not be sitting out there eating breakfast or anything like that. But we did sit on the balcony with our feet inside the room and enjoy the scenery. Also the balcony doors are two deep (inner doors and outer doors), acting as a great insulator against the weather and noise.

The bathroom is standard fare - ours had a bathtub with a showerhead, sink and john. It was big enough, but, not spacious. The tub was deep but narrow -- but I fit in it without having to have the local fire department pry me out (I'm 6'2, 220#).

My overall trip to Paris was excellent, one of the best trips in my life. If you are like we were, you will be spending most of your time touring sites, using the hotel for sleep and breakfast and a place to relax before going back out for dinner or after walking all day. This hotel was perfect, absolutely perfect for what we wanted. It really made our trip pleasant.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TheSnydersofTexas
Reviewed April 6, 2010

This is an excellent hotel situated between the Arc de Triomphe and the Eiffel Tower. In fact there was a view of the Eiffel Tower from our bedroom window, although we had to look to the left. The rooms were small but adequate and very quiet and peaceful. We were beside the lift shaft and there was a little bit of minor noise but it certainly did not keep us awake. The rooms were spotlessly clean and all the staff very helpful and friendly. The hotel was only a few minutes walk from the nearest Metro station and a further several minutes from both the Eiffel Tower and the Arc de Triomphe. The breakfast was great but served in a rather small basement room but we only had to wait a few minutes for a table. Excellent value for money and we would highly recommend this small, friendly hotel.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank NorthernIrelandPeter
Reviewed April 3, 2010

Walking distance to Arc de Triomphe and the Eiffel Tower. We stayed in the two bedroom apartment which was perfect for a family of four. Tiny kitchen complete with a laundry. Cute interior courtyard but noisy at night if other guests are using it.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Randa S
Reviewed March 31, 2010

My experience at this hotel wasn't pleasant. Things could've definitely been worse, but for the amount of money I paid I expected a better stay.

I went for 3 nights with a friend, and found our room to be incredibly small. I expected this, as Paris is notorious for small rooms, but was not impressed to find that our "twin" room was actually two separate beds that were pushed together and could not be separated. This wasn't a huge issue, but it's not a twin room.

The room didn't have the most basic facilities - not even a toilet roll holder! There was a single small towel rail poorly located above the toilet, so we didn't use that in case it dropped in by accident.

The room was very dark, and the safe was an old-fashioned key operated safe. The key was only given to guests upon receipt of a 100 Euro deposit. No point in using that, as we'd have to carry a safe key with us.

And finally, the air conditioning continually blew out hot air - despite being set on 10 degrees celsius (the lowest it could go). This meant that I barely got any sleep over the three nights I was there.

The food at breakfast was average at best, and the coffee was very poor quality.

All in all, not a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with friends
2  Thank stuartg83
Reviewed March 30, 2010

We loved this hotel. The staff was friendly and very helpful. Located in a convenient location near the Metro. Being our first time in Paris it was easy to get around and find everything we wanted to see and do. Hotel was clean, our room was plenty spacious. Had elevator which was nice instead of carrying our luggage up stairs. Had large closet that was nice to tuck away all our belongings. Would highly recommend it to my friends and family. Would definately stay here again. Right out the front door looks exactly like the picture..

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with friends